N. California Chapter Join Chapter , Leader: Nighteyez

i was thinking........

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2007, 11:55 PM
f2501967
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i was thinking........

I remeber at mike's bbq, someone said that we need to do something to get FTE and our chapter name out there. here is what i have been thinking since then......

how about if we build a truck for shows, dont have to be a top notch winner. just something for people to see and admire.

as for paint i was thinking a collage of our chapter members trucks pasted onto the show truck and have it clear coated.

just something ive been thinking about,,

what do all you other members think???

what does our chapter leader think????

worse thing is everyone could hate it............... hopefully not.

like i said just something ive been thinking about.

Old 11-16-2007, 01:28 AM
Nighteyez
FTE Chapter Leader

Received 123 Likes on 119 Posts
Don't know if the chapter can support two project trucks, but it sounds like a good way to get FTE out there so people can see it.

Old 11-16-2007, 08:42 PM
f2501967
Senior User
i was thinking after thumperoo is finished. so that way everyone involved is not feeling obligated to one or the other, or worse to both projects.

Old 11-17-2007, 08:09 PM
3Mike6
Postmaster
It's a good thought, once Thumper is done...heck, maybe even sell Thumper off after we've run it some, and put the funds towards something else.

Or just donate al the proceeds to me so I could finish my '36...I promise to put "FTE" in my license plate numbers

Old 11-17-2007, 10:00 PM
Nighteyez
FTE Chapter Leader

Received 123 Likes on 119 Posts
Originally Posted by 3Mike6
Or just donate al the proceeds to me so I could finish my '36...I promise to put "FTE" in my license plate numbers
Um...yeah...sure, why not? Or maybe just donate thumper to you and you can do what you want with it. Sell it, or paint FTE all over it, and driver all over the US promoting the forum.

Old 11-17-2007, 10:16 PM
olfordsnstone
Lead Driver
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
LONG LIVE THUMPEROO!!!!!!
Where ever she resides, she will live in the hearts of all of us who had anything to do with her. It has been a great project and I think that WillyB deserves a round of applause. And Mike and Dan, and all the others who have devoted so much to the catalyst of our cool chapter, Hip hip hooray!

Old 11-17-2007, 11:56 PM
fastmover
Posting Guru
Mike mentioned in another thread about a national/local event in August of doing something for charity. I am wondering if we could something like that (after thumperoo).

As for thumperoo, I am compiling all the information given to me via posts and emails and hopefully we can "get 'er done" in the Spring.

Old 11-18-2007, 01:23 AM
WillyB
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by fastmover
. . . . . a national/local event in August of doing something for charity. I am wondering if we could something like that (after thumperoo).

As for thumperoo, . . . . . . hopefully we can "get 'er done" in the Spring.
I am not interested in any pseudo charity event - they all seem to be just an excuse for people to do what they want and not about the charity.

I also don't see why thumper can not be the draw we planned it to be - why do we need a different truck?

Also again, why do we have to wait for spring to work on thumper again?

Old 11-18-2007, 01:47 AM
fastmover
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by WillyB
I am not interested in any pseudo charity event - they all seem to be just an excuse for people to do what they want and not about the charity.

I also don't see why thumper can not be the draw we planned it to be - why do we need a different truck?

Also again, why do we have to wait for spring to work on thumper again?
Clint,
You have some great questions and points. I agree we don't want to do half-baked job on a charity event. If we do one, we should really support the charity. As for Thumperoo being the main draw... I am all for that that too. My point agrees with many others' that we should get Thumperoo done first before attempting anything else.

As for when we finish "Thumperoo" I hope we can get it done by the spring, not start working on it in the Spring. Heck, if we can get it done earlier, I think we all would be happy. I should have been clearer about what I meant. "Hopefully get 'er done in the spring." should have read "hopefully get 'er done BY spring."

Last edited by fastmover; 11-18-2007 at 02:36 AM.
Old 11-18-2007, 03:43 PM
olfordsnstone
Lead Driver
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Lots o' mud in the Spring...

Old 11-24-2007, 03:55 AM
Mecinoid
Elder User
OK, so do you guys think we can squeeze at least one work weekend on Thumperoo before Christmas? It might be a great way to spend a little holiday cheer with each other and move Thumperoo forwards a step or two.

I'm busy in the build on our '67 Camaro (lots of custom work this time) but, I'd be willing to spend a day or two on a weekend early December if the TEAM has the time.

BTW- Anyone that likes FORD trucks can join the TEAM I'm told. Hint, Hint !!!!

Old 11-24-2007, 09:41 AM
fastmover
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by Mecinoid
OK, so do you guys think we can squeeze at least one work weekend on Thumperoo before Christmas? It might be a great way to spend a little holiday cheer with each other and move Thumperoo forwards a step or two.
Hmmm, I really like that idea. Dan is busy every weekend until Christmas though. Let's think about how we can make this work.

Old 11-24-2007, 09:53 AM
WillyB
Post Fiend
How about finding an wide axle and building a tow dolly that would work on the bigger trucks?

When I was a kid the local wrecking yard had one that was real narrow, and had a mast with a hand crank winch on it. You would lift the front of the vehicle with the winch, and secure it to the mast using chain. The rig kind of looked and worked like the cradle the wreckers use today.