Delaware Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: pbsdaddy

Possible National Event heads up - green lighted by FTE Ken if it can work

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2007, 09:01 AM
Greywolf
Fleet Owner
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Possible National Event heads up - green lighted by FTE Ken if it can work

The idea of putting together a National Rally by having Chapter Rallies and posting highlights in an FTE National Rally thread as a means to have a national rally without everyone coming to some central locale in the mid-USA has become an idea that is catching on quickly in some areas. Chapters would each have their very own "National Rally" in an agreed about G2G spot in their own state, which would be part of the whole thing nationwide. When I originally posted up about the notion in the general convo forum, it got hiked over to the Chapter Leaders discussion forum (George and Barry - take note) and there have been several interested responses.

As the most amazingly fast moving chapter in FTE, I thought Delaware should know about it so that you could kick the idea around well in advance, possibly take on a leadership role in the planning of it, or at least make suggestions based on your own success, but in any case see what you think of it.

This would be a MULTI-CHAPTER mass event, hopefully from coast to coast, and likely well after it warms up for the year after all the holidays. Say late spring, or early summer timeline...

The philosophy behind it is to make it possible to attend what would be a "NATIONAL RALLY" without having to go to the expense of a vacation and very long trip in order to be there. It brings participation home to all of the chapters, so that it is hopefully well within the means of everyone.

Your thoughts please?

Old 11-15-2007, 09:11 AM
glruff
Super Moderator
Received 156 Likes on 92 Posts
Hey Dutch I read your original post and have been formulating a response.

To effectively put something like this together, the means of communicating the facts to all will have to be refined.

Posting in a thread/threads is not going to get the job done. I am sure the Delaware chapter will take the lead in supporting this effort.

Giving it somemore thought!

Old 11-15-2007, 09:29 AM
Greywolf
Fleet Owner
The Chap Leader forum has been unvisited for some time, according to a PM I got recently. There is a thread on this in the members forum that has traffic. I would not be a bit suprised if word began spreading out from it pretty fast.

I'm just making sure you guys have a jump on it. There is a lot of lead time if thought is given to it this far ahead.

Old 11-15-2007, 10:49 AM
glruff
Super Moderator
Dutch, the cl forum has nothing really of importance posted in that thread. A post that sends reader to Club FTE and a reponse to say I say that. There is only a handful of CL's who even bother to post to the CL Discussion Forum. I had a post in there months ago recommending that ALL CL's subscribe to that thread. Don't believe everyone did from the participation there.

Mostly east coast cl's. Go figure.

Old 11-15-2007, 10:56 AM
glruff
Super Moderator
The Mid-Atlantic Chapters are having a Regional Meet August 8--10, 2008 in Carlisle, PA.

Read First:Poll: 2008 MID-ATLANTIC MEET CARLISLE ALL TRUCK NATIONALS

This thread, with modifications, has been posted in Delaware, Maryland, Pennsylvania, New Jersey and New York. West Virginia and New England are also on board for this event.

Soooooo, if the FTE Rally is scheduled for that time frame, were are definitely in. We have a lot on our plate already planning this event

And as usual, we take lots and lots of pics and post them to the DE chapters photobucket site of each event we hold or attend, which is here for your viewing pleasure.

http://s125.photobucket.com/albums/p68/DELAWARE_CHAPTER_FTE/

Last edited by glruff; 11-15-2007 at 11:14 AM.
Old 11-15-2007, 11:02 AM
Greywolf
Fleet Owner
That's why it needs to be either a general topic, or in general chapter discussion (which is where I put the main concept post). I think all chapter members can see the general chapter forum, don't know about the CL forum. For initial impressions I put it in the members only, and in general non-auto. The general non-auto post got hiked to the CL forum.

I've dropped a few dimes here and there, and if there really is interest in it - those threads could be made sticky.

At this point, we watch and listen, and see what people think of it. But the longer there is to work out the details, the better. For a thing this big to happen, there has to be a lot of interest in the concept, and people who really want to see it fly. Then it moves more into a planning mode - which may or may not need a lot of time. Think of it in terms of a normal Chapter G2G with a different name, and it turns out to be something many chapters already do! But it ties it in to a much larger event, do you see where I'm going with that? So - the "National Rally" is really an extension of what many chapters are already doing, just viewed on a larger scale, and made simultanious.

Old 11-15-2007, 11:07 AM
glruff
Super Moderator
Well like I said, we are bringing together a minimum of 7 FTE states for the Mid-Atlantic Region Meet in August.

I suggest to you that the date be August 9th, 2008.

At least those seven states will be participating in the National Rally on that day.

See here for details on Carlisle All Truck Nationals Show

Old 11-15-2007, 11:08 AM
Greywolf
Fleet Owner
Originally Posted by glruff
The Mid-Atlantic Chapters are having a Regional Meet August 8--10, 2008 in Carlisle, PA.

Read First:Poll: 2008 MID-ATLANTIC MEET CARLISLE ALL TRUCK NATIONALS

This thread, with modifications, has been posted in Delaware, Maryland, Pennsylvania, New Jersey and New York. West Virginia and New England are also on board for this event.

Soooooo, if the FTE Rally is scheduled for that time frame, were are definitely in.
EXACTLY!!!!

See what I mean? Take an already scheduled event, tie it to the National Rally with a few taps of the keys - and you now have a National or Worldwide Rally.

It remains to be seen what the best timeframe is, to tie together all the other chapters planned events - NOT planning a brand new one from scratch...

Old 11-15-2007, 01:14 PM
glruff
Super Moderator
Dutch, great idea. Have Ken declare August FTE Rally month. Maybe IB can provide each chapter that participates some goodies to hand out.

Old 11-15-2007, 03:14 PM
Greywolf
Fleet Owner
I was thinking make it the whole month - with start and end time and date of one minute after midnight August first, and midnight August thirty first.

Old 11-15-2007, 03:40 PM
glruff
Super Moderator
Works for me. May be our little regional G2G will start thinks off.

We are already scheduled!

Last edited by glruff; 11-15-2007 at 03:48 PM.
Old 11-15-2007, 03:43 PM
Greywolf
Fleet Owner
It will be an adventure, even if some think it's a little on the lame side - the truth is it could spark up a lot of participation in a lot of places, and challenge chapters who have not had a G2G to try it for once!

This could have more ramifications than we can think of...

But one thing it surely does do - it accomplishes the mission of enabling those who could not possibly have attended the national rally we had back when to make it to this one, and be part of the whole damn thing - no matter where they are!

And if we can pull this off- it will be a thousand times bigger than the one in Kansas.

Last edited by Greywolf; 11-15-2007 at 03:46 PM.
Old 11-15-2007, 03:45 PM
rbloodhound
FTE Chapter Leader
Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts
Sorry to hijack. Are we thinking about making it for the entire month of august. If we do that I'm sure that it wont be a problem to include Louisiana. I want to have a big state meet anyway. we are just getting started there good. we have had a few small meets. The way I work it would be great if we could scedual a meet any time in august I know I could be included. Just my .02

Old 11-15-2007, 03:48 PM
glruff
Super Moderator
Yes that's what Dutch was thinking. Each chapter have a meet during the National or World FTE Month.

There would be a thread setup to post pics and news of YOUR meet.

By saying the whole month of August, then each chapter doesn't have to have it on the same day.

Old 11-15-2007, 03:50 PM
Greywolf
Fleet Owner
YES!

That is the whole point....

Make it POSSIBLE, not IMpossible.

In General Chapter Discussion, I've launched a specific thread on this, and already suggested start and end dates and times so as to include everyone we know of. If you already have an event planned, all that changes is the name and the meaning of it. It gives more significance to a meet that is already planned for August....

Quick Reply: Possible National Event heads up - green lighted by FTE Ken if it can work