Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Newer Light Duty Trucks > Lightning, Harley-Davidson F-150, Roush F-150 & Saleen F-150
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Lightning, Harley-Davidson F-150, Roush F-150 & Saleen F-150 SVT Ford F150 Lightning, Roush, Saleen and other performance F150's

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-10-2007, 08:51 PM
Junior User

'03FordSVT is starting off with a positive reputation.
Cool Which Plugs?

As youcan see(read) im having some problems with my '03 L. It's Bogging on me on the Top-End. im going to start & replace the plugs 1st tosee if it will resolve the problem. Can you guys give me some help on which brand/kind of Plugs I need fot my L.

I really appreciate everyone's help...Thanks
Old 11-18-2007, 12:15 AM

Stewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputation
Here is a good guide to go by.

Click the image to open in full size.

Personally, I like the NGK TR6 plugs.

Stewart
2000 PSD Excursion 4x4: 38R, JW trans, F5, MBRP, AFE, OBA and Pre-Pump, V & B codes
Never Fry Bacon NAKED!
Old 11-18-2007, 03:29 PM
Junior User

Thanks for the chart!!!
Old 11-18-2007, 04:17 PM
Postmaster

MexicanScaper987 is a splendid one to beholdMexicanScaper987 is a splendid one to beholdMexicanScaper987 is a splendid one to beholdMexicanScaper987 is a splendid one to beholdMexicanScaper987 is a splendid one to beholdMexicanScaper987 is a splendid one to behold
Joe Yarmel
Autolite Platinum plugs have been my favorites! NGK's are 2nd.
Old 11-18-2007, 08:47 PM
Senior User

S.A.L. is starting off with a positive reputation.
TR6
Change your fuel filter first.
It takes 5 min. and clogs in no time.
Old 11-19-2007, 04:02 AM

Stewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by S.A.L.
TR6
Change your fuel filter first.
It takes 5 min. and clogs in no time.
I read this and kind of scratched my head, wondering why you'd recommend he change his fuel filter when he was asking about plugs. So I scrolled up and re-read his original post...at normal speed this time...and did the V8 forehead slap! I completely missed the bogging part of his post!

'03FordSVT, do what S.A.L. suggested, but also check for Diagnostic Trouble Codes (DTC's) and see if you have any trouble codes that pop up.

You can rent a code scanner at Autozone or similar parts house, along with using the digital odometer to check for stored codes.

I've posted the instructions before, but here they are again so you don't have to search for them.

After you get in your truck, before you turn the key at all, press and hold the trip reset button.

Once you turn the key to the ON position, and the lights on the odometer read-out change, let go of the button.

Press the reset button to scroll through the menu. If you press and hold it too long, it will clear out and go back to the mileage.

Look for the menu that says DTC. If you have a code, it will say DTC2145 or something...OR DTC NONE for no codes.

I suggest you still use a code reader though. I've had my handheld scanner find codes that don't show with the self diagnostic test.

BTW, the fuel filter is tucked up under the frame rail, below the drivers side door, close to the bed of the truck.

Stewart
2000 PSD Excursion 4x4: 38R, JW trans, F5, MBRP, AFE, OBA and Pre-Pump, V & B codes
Never Fry Bacon NAKED!

Last edited by Stewart_H; 11-19-2007 at 04:05 AM.
Old 11-19-2007, 07:43 AM
Junior User

I already Changed the Fuel Filter.....about 1,000 miles ago.
Old 11-19-2007, 07:43 AM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Newer Light Duty Trucks > Lightning, Harley-Davidson F-150, Roush F-150 & Saleen F-150