Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Newer Light Duty Trucks > 2007+ Expedition & Navigator
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

2007+ Expedition & Navigator 2007, 2008, 2009 and 2010 Ford Expedition and Lincoln Navigator

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-07-2007, 07:24 PM
Senior User

nfntruth is starting off with a positive reputation.
Stereo wiring diagram help

I tried to thread jack in another posting, but it didn't work. I am trying to install a high level to low level (speaker wire to RCA) converter so I can hook up my bass shakers in my seats but I need the color breakdown on the back of the head unit so I can splice into it correctly. If someone has the maintenance DVD and can post the colors up, it would be much appreciated. I have the 6disc MP3 changer with sirius radio, no sub woofer. I pull back in to port in a few days and would like to do it then.
FYI, the stereo is VERY easy to access. That trim around the control area is just a snap in piece. Get a panel puller, it pops right out, or you can use a screw driver but be careful to not scratch the plastic. There is enough slack on all the cables that you do not have to disconnect anything. Then its just 4 bolts holding the radio in. Piece of cake. Should take the average person less than 5 minutes to do. There is tons of space in there as well for those who want to add an aftermarket setup with say a blue tooth adapter, HD radio receiver and so on...
Old 11-08-2007, 12:45 PM
Postmaster

berry1234 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
From the service dvd

LF
WH +
WH-BN -

RF
WH-VT +
WH-OR -

LR
BN-GN +
BN-YE -

RR
BN-WH +
BN-BU -

What is a panel puller? I would like to take a peak back there too.
Old 11-08-2007, 04:45 PM
Senior User

IQ9 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Panel pullers can be bought at local auto parts store for 5-10 bucks. They are sometimes found in the rack of "HELP" stuff. Usually a shaped piece of metal with the correct shape for popping the plastic push nuts off. The better one have nice handles-I have cheap and expensive both work well.
Old 11-08-2007, 04:55 PM
Postmaster

Click the image to open in full size.

This looks like it would work without marring the gray plastic.
Old 11-08-2007, 07:09 PM
Senior User

My panel puller is a bit different, but was found in the help isle. It does everything, headlight adjustment, door **** clips, windshield clips and so on. It was 7.99 I think. But thanks for the wiring breakdown, I will post some pics when I open it up tomorrow after get home, a very very short how to.
Old 11-08-2007, 07:13 PM
Postmaster

Cool. .
Old 11-08-2007, 09:23 PM
Senior User

IQ9 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Looking forward to the "how to".
Old 11-12-2007, 08:15 PM
Senior User

Thanks, it was almost exactly right, the front left was a bit different, but they were smart enough to electrical tape together the associated pairs, so it wasn't too bad. Thanks again for the starting point.
Old 12-02-2007, 02:01 AM
New User

chester75 is starting off with a positive reputation.
DOES ANYONE HAVE THE WIRING SCHEMATIC FOR OVERHEAD DVD IN A 07 EXPEDITION.BOUGHT ONE OFF EBAY.GOING TO PUT IN 06 CREW F250.ALL HELP WOULD BE APRECIATED. shwn_jackson@yahoo.com
Old 12-02-2007, 02:01 AM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Newer Light Duty Trucks > 2007+ Expedition & Navigator

Tags
2007, colors, diagram, dvd, expedition, lincoln, navigator, overhead, radio, sirius, speaker, stereo, subwoofer, wire, wiring