Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > Competition
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Competition Diesel racing, sleds, dynos, power tuning and max performance.

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-06-2007, 01:41 PM
Post Fiend

parkland has much to be proud ofparkland has much to be proud ofparkland has much to be proud ofparkland has much to be proud ofparkland has much to be proud ofparkland has much to be proud ofparkland has much to be proud ofparkland has much to be proud of
Question Oxygen injection at intake manifold?

Contemplating wether injecting oxygen at the intake manifold would be feasible to increase HP, and eliminate "spool up" ?

Has anyone ever heard of this?
Old 11-06-2007, 10:48 PM
Posting Guru

littleme13 has a good reputation on FTE.littleme13 has a good reputation on FTE.
if ur talking about pure oxy then this could be a very bad idea as any oil in the intake could ignite the oxy and ive seen oxygen burn the entire front of big planes off. so imagine what it could do to ur truck if it happend. the petrolium in lip gloss is enough to ignite oxygen as this happened to a girl who put on a walk around bottle in one of the aircraft i used to work on in the navy. but im not saying its not possiable just be very careful.
Old 11-06-2007, 11:04 PM
Post Fiend

85e150six4mtod has a superb reputation85e150six4mtod has a superb reputation85e150six4mtod has a superb reputation85e150six4mtod has a superb reputation85e150six4mtod has a superb reputation85e150six4mtod has a superb reputation85e150six4mtod has a superb reputation85e150six4mtod has a superb reputation85e150six4mtod has a superb reputation85e150six4mtod has a superb reputation85e150six4mtod has a superb reputation
I read something about this years ago, and the closing line was "...always with disasterous results..."

If you can afford to explode a few engines, give it a try.
Old 11-07-2007, 05:20 AM
Post Fiend

npccpartsman has a spectacular reputation.npccpartsman has a spectacular reputation.npccpartsman has a spectacular reputation.npccpartsman has a spectacular reputation.npccpartsman has a spectacular reputation.npccpartsman has a spectacular reputation.npccpartsman has a spectacular reputation.npccpartsman has a spectacular reputation.npccpartsman has a spectacular reputation.npccpartsman has a spectacular reputation.npccpartsman has a spectacular reputation.
I saw this discussed very recently in another forum and the consensus was that pure oxygen could/would have extremely disasterous results when combined with any form of oil at combustable temperature. Much much more so than nitrous.

Hell will freeze over and I'll ice skate with the devil before I EVER lower my flag

Tim
Old 11-08-2007, 05:33 AM
Postmaster

Lead Head has a great reputation on FTE.Lead Head has a great reputation on FTE.Lead Head has a great reputation on FTE.Lead Head has a great reputation on FTE.Lead Head has a great reputation on FTE.Lead Head has a great reputation on FTE.
Pure oxygen can make a WARM piece of wood instantly ignite. Theres going to be oil on the cylinder walls, in the intake, etc..Coupled with a hot engine, its basically a timb bomb waiting to go off. Theres a reason why valves for oxygen tanks cannot have any grease or oil on them.
Old 11-15-2007, 05:02 AM
Junior User

benwill1 is starting off with a positive reputation.
I had an old perkins diesel that I could not get to start. After trying wd-40 and a little kerosine, I thought about my cutting-torch sitting near-by. I hit the starter, cracked a little pure O2, and busted a piston. Lucky for me, that was all the damage done.
Old 11-15-2007, 05:02 AM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > Competition

Tags
69, diesel, engine, ford, injected, injection, injections, intake, manifold, massachusetts, mountaineer, o2, oxygen, pure, ranger