Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Southern Region > Georgia Chapter
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Georgia Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: ChiefM SPONSORED BY:

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-05-2007, 07:59 PM
New User

FAPP is starting off with a positive reputation.
99 Explorer PO171 codes

I currently own 10 Fords from 1965 to 2004. By far the 99 Explorer (127K) has given Ford a black eye. My check engine light is on again and the OBD II code is PO171 (too lean). I replaced O2 sensors on one side and the light appeared again a couple of weeks later. I cleaned the MAF, PVC valve and looked for vac leaks. Fuel filter was changed 12K ago. The engine is hard to start in the morning. Once started, it revs up and down for a few seconds and then idles. I have read online that it may be bad intake o-rings. Any similar experiences? Any help would be appreciated.
Old 11-05-2007, 09:59 PM
Posting Guru

Gevans17 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Po171

Look for leaks around the upper intake seals, damaged pcv hoses, vacuum tree at the back left, depending on the year, lower intake around the front or back corners. Also look for cracks, loose clamps on the intake air tube in between the ribs.
Old 11-06-2007, 05:14 PM
Posting Guru

skidooman is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.skidooman is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
I had the same problem with my '99 Explorer, It was the intake gasket. Ford had extended the warranty on that particular part so it was done on warranty, but that was a couple of years ago.

Marlon
2011 F250 Lariat Crew, 6.7L
2011 Edge AWD Limited.
2000 focus SE.
1979 F-150 Ranger Lariat, 460ci auto.
Old 11-06-2007, 05:14 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Southern Region > Georgia Chapter

Tags
171, 1999, 99, code, codes, engine, explorer, f150, ford, navigator, po, po171, po172, truck, v6