1999 to 2016 Super Duty 1999 to 2016 Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty with diesel V8 and gas V8 and V10 engines
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

OEM Overhead console retrofit for Super Duty

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2007, 11:18 PM
fdnylax
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thats how I found mine. I think he list consoles for auction as he gets them. I believe he gets them out of salvage vehicles. Mine was great and I am very happy with it.

Old 11-17-2007, 10:07 PM
milan
Senior User
Originally Posted by jeff7825
Just type in ol bird in the user search on ebay, or there is an ebay link in one of the posts at the beginning of this thread, which is already closed, but you can scroll down and it will show other items for sell by this seller or something along those lines. That is how i found it the first time. I'm hoping to put my console in this coming week.

Does it fit 2008?

Old 11-17-2007, 10:18 PM
jeff7825
Posting Guru
He says in the listing 99-07, so I don't know if it would fit an 08 or not

Old 11-18-2007, 09:41 AM
fdnylax
Freshman User
Email him thru ebay, he knows his stuff and will reply quickly.

Old 11-18-2007, 12:56 PM
wsu
New User
fdnylax, EBAY is giving me security problems trying to just contact him because he isn't selling anything at the moment. I guess I will keep watching, if anyone does get into contact with him that person should let him know that multiple people are interested in his Overhead Consoles. Help us out on the forum and probably start a successful business for him...lol...thank you for the help. Guess I will go do my 6637 mod until I find out more about this.

Old 11-18-2007, 03:21 PM
Grey 250s
Senior User
WSU (Like the school?)

ol.bird just listed a grey console and ( I think ) a tan console. Ebay sent me a notice cuz I had been "watching" one when I bought mine.
Better hurry. He's sold more in the last two weeks than ever before and temporarily ran out.
g'luk

Old 11-18-2007, 05:07 PM
wsu
New User
Yup, Washington State University (WSU) Thanks for the update on the consoles. He says he doesn't have the temp sensor? I wonder how much ford wants for that?

Old 11-18-2007, 08:07 PM
Hootbro
Tuned
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by wsu
Yup, Washington State University (WSU) Thanks for the update on the consoles. He says he doesn't have the temp sensor? I wonder how much ford wants for that?
Ford wants $70-$80 for just the sensor. NAPA P/N is TS4005 and should run around $20.

Hootbro

Old 11-18-2007, 09:23 PM
mpbpulaski
Senior User
looks like i missed out on another one... how much are these going for anyway? i have yet to see a price for olbirds consoles

Old 11-18-2007, 09:27 PM
jeff7825
Posting Guru
There is a tan one on ebay right now for 179.99 buy it now.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/F150-...spagenameZWDVW

Old 11-21-2007, 01:37 PM
wsu
New User
Hey guys got my console ordered and I actually met Ol'Bird in person. I went home from school and found out he lived in the same town as my mom so I met up with him and found out more for everyone else that is interested. First off not sure if this has been posted but here is his website explaining what he can do to help you get an overhead console installed in your truck. ...http://overhead-console.com/..... He showed me the first one he did which was in his King Ranch, looked awesome, looked factory, very well done. He also told me that he can't get them in fast enough to sell them so be patient. I told him many more were interested he was excited but he said he can't get them soon enough. Anyway very nice man and willing to help us non-console guys out. Email asking for what you want and he should help you out. Hope this helps have a nice holiday. GO COUGS!

Old 11-23-2007, 03:29 PM
jeff7825
Posting Guru
Hey everyone, I just installed my olbird's overhead console yesterday. Great directions. It took me a little bit of time because i'm still a beginner at wiring, but it was well worth it. I put some pictures in my gallery of the finished product if anyone is interested.

Old 11-23-2007, 11:01 PM
WildWildWest
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by jeff7825
Hey everyone, I just installed my olbird's overhead console yesterday. Great directions. It took me a little bit of time because i'm still a beginner at wiring, but it was well worth it. I put some pictures in my gallery of the finished product if anyone is interested.
Looks good!! Now you just need to put your garage remote inside the "remote hole" at the back of the console - that's what it is meant for!!

I'm very happy with mine - I love having the temp gauge and compass.

Old 11-24-2007, 12:58 AM
strlegal
New User
Wow, great to see someone tackle the install. I've been tring to convince myself for the past 2 yrs to do it as well, just didn't want to take a chance with cutting the head liner. I've chatted with ol bird thru email, and he was very nice, and informative. Ol birds has sold the consoles on ebay for about a couple of years that I know of. I've mentioned them a couple times in the past on here. Guess, now that I've seen feedback from others, maybe it won't be so hard to jump in and get one when they become available. Mike

Good tread.... thanks for joining in OlBird

Old 02-17-2008, 03:49 PM
bpounds
Hotshot
Received 51 Likes on 40 Posts
Okay, dredging up this old thread for info from those who have installed Olbirds console.

I installed mine, and that went great. You can see pics in my gallery. But, I'm not satisfied with the locking up of the temperature readout. I went back and installed the reset switch per the instructions. That works, but on a long drive it locks up constantly, so the only time you have a trustworthy temp is when you've reset it.

For those who have installed this kit, what is your experience with that? Olbird has briefly mentioned using a VSS signal to automatically update the readout. There are two unused wires coming off the console for that purpose. But I don't have any details yet on how to do that. I don't want to fry the console, or worse yet the PCM. Anybody tried it? Interested in doing it? I've emailed Olbird, but looking for experiences of others too.

Bill

Quick Reply: OEM Overhead console retrofit for Super Duty