making bio

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2008, 05:39 PM
Royson12
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking making bio

Want to start making bio. I have been scouring the internet for design ideas for my bio production facility(my barn). I have seen a couple of designs, some instruction for thier use, some ideas for supplies. I figured I would pick yalls brains a little while. Any diagrams, recipes, instructions, experiences would be appreciated. I am really tired of paying mohmar for my diesel, would rather help ******* people. I have a basic understanding of the process, just need the details. Thanks ahead of time. Oh, and lots of pics of plants would be great.

Old 01-12-2008, 06:31 AM
skibender
Senior User
Here's an excellent site:

http://www.biodieselcommunity.org/

Old 01-22-2008, 08:29 PM
timotheos56
New User
Glad to hear it! The aforementioned sight is a good one. After spending the last year researching and collecting oil, I went into small scale production a few weeks ago. Have produced 85 gallons so far, in three batches. IMO unless you want/like spending your time researching, collecting, designing, and building a processor, just buy a BIOPRO.

Had I known about them first and had any idea the amount of time and expense I would invest in this project, I would have spent the $8,000 for their plug-n-play model. Check it out and let me know what you think. I will be glad to give you the benefit of my experience, but the biodiesel formats are extremely knowledgable...I'm still considered a NB.

Love the sound of my truck on this stuff...had a bad injector before I started on it and haven't got it fixed yet, but it still is much quieter and I am producing excellent quality fuel...better than anything you can buy!

2004 F350 6.0 4X4 Crew Cab Lariet
1983 Mercedes 240D
2006 Jeep Liberty CRD 4X4
1984 F800 60' Bucket Truck
1993 John Deere 950 Tractor
Reddy 70,000 btu space heater
All on B100!