Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Older, Classic & Antique Trucks > 1987 - 1996 F150 & Larger F-Series Trucks
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

1987 - 1996 F150 & Larger F-Series Trucks 1987 - 1996 Ford F-150, F-250, F-350 and larger pickups - including the 1997 heavy-duty F250/F350+ trucks

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-01-2007, 04:09 PM
Junior User

OleGrouch is starting off with a positive reputation.
Cruise control recall

Got the recall on the 93 lincoln taken care of but now I am trying to find out for sure about the same recall on the 93 F-53 chassis under the 94 Bounder motorhome, can anyone help this, OleGrouch
Old 11-01-2007, 04:16 PM
Postmaster

Skandocious is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.Skandocious is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Go to a Ford dealership. They can look up your truck by VIN# and see which recalls have and haven't been taken care of.
Old 11-01-2007, 04:17 PM
Posting Guru

Virto has a good reputation on FTE.Virto has a good reputation on FTE.Virto has a good reputation on FTE.
I need to get it taken care of on my 93 as well. I checked for open recalls and it hasn't been completed yet.

Have to find a dealer up here, the Ford places have started to disappear and the import dealers are moving in.
1990 Ford F-150 XLT Lariat Supercab - 5.0/E4OD - Dead and gone.
1993 Ford F-150 XLT Supercab - 5.0/AOD - 3.55
Old 11-01-2007, 04:24 PM
Junior User

OleGrouch is starting off with a positive reputation.
My local Ford dealer cannot access the large truck screen on his computer, I have some info from the Bounder web-site but need more. OleGrouch
Old 11-01-2007, 04:32 PM
Postmaster

Skandocious is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.Skandocious is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
I would think that the same recall applies, it applies to almost every Ford cruise control in these era of vehicles. All they do is install an inline fuse on the cruise control disable switch. Apparently the brake fluid was shorting out the switch and causing underhood fires. If you have cruise control, and it looks like the one on your lincoln, and there is NO FUSE on the disable switch near the fluid reservoir, then you probably need to get it taken care.
Old 11-01-2007, 04:32 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Older, Classic & Antique Trucks > 1987 - 1996 F150 & Larger F-Series Trucks