Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Mid-West Region > Michigan Chapter
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Michigan Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: just another truck

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-01-2007, 06:57 AM
Freshman User

BigBluef250 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Talyn i was wondering?

I was just wondering, In your gallery it says "true duals" on 95 did you have 3 or 2 cats? The reason i ask is that I got a set of heads from edelbrock and they told i have to run true duals, But to do this i have to buy this part called a o2 sensor simulator (Sends a reading to the computer that the "downstream" o2 sensor is working as advertised) Then i can take the 3rd cat off and run duals with a x-pipe and wha-la 400 hp 351W. I pretty sure 95's where OBD-I where my truck is the first year for the OBD-II.

Thanks
Old 11-01-2007, 10:42 AM
Post Fiend

Talyn has much to be proud ofTalyn has much to be proud ofTalyn has much to be proud ofTalyn has much to be proud ofTalyn has much to be proud ofTalyn has much to be proud ofTalyn has much to be proud ofTalyn has much to be proud of
95 is where obd2 started comming out.

if you have more then one oxygen sensor, you have obd2.

I have true duals and my muff is the equalizer, its a flowmaster 40 knockoff.

I think i have 2 1/2 pipes on there. I dont recall. It really needs some headers, but i'm not going to spend the money on the truck. I have the typical passenger side cracked manafold. I smear some putty on it every now and then, it works for about 200 miles before it blows it out.

I do not run any cats though. so.

I dont know anything about running headers and haveing to run true duals...

The reason for the sensor fooler is that with true duals you can only monitor one pipe, which gives false readings.
if you run an X pipe, or an H pipe, you can mount the first o2 sensor between there.

The thing that fools the sensor is probably just a resistor. a sensor basically tells the computer a reading in resistance or in voltage.
If you change the voltage or resistance, you change the reading.

maybe we can find out what the resistance you need to send is and just make our own.
I'll ask coonhunter joe in the other forum i visit, he might know.
1994 F250 XLT 4x4 Standard Cab - T-444E Direct Injection Turbo Diesel, 5 SPD M/T Z/F S5-420, Rosewood 160cc Stage 1's, PHP Tuner, 6637, Short Throw Shift Kit, Valair Kevlar/Ceramic, 140V IDM, T-500, 285/75/16 Cooper Discoverer ATR. Steyr C9-A1.
You can get more with a kind word and a 2x4 than you can with just a kind word.
Old 11-01-2007, 02:05 PM
Freshman User

Thanks alot, I've been reading a ton of articles on this simulator thing and seems pretty easy to rig up. My truck came from california and it has manifolds then a upstream o2 sensor on each manifold then a cat onto each pipe, from there it goes into a y-pipe then anothor cat with a single downstream o2 sensor. My problem is i need to get rid of the 3rd cat. I already bought the High Flow Cats, and headers(has holes in the collectors already) just need to buy or make that simulator! If coonhunter can tell you the voltage it needs to be i can have my electrian whip something up.
Old 11-02-2007, 09:59 AM
Post Fiend

Talyn has much to be proud ofTalyn has much to be proud ofTalyn has much to be proud ofTalyn has much to be proud ofTalyn has much to be proud ofTalyn has much to be proud ofTalyn has much to be proud ofTalyn has much to be proud of
http://www.mkiv.com/techarticles/oxy...sor_simulator/

Say thanks to our michigan member cuda jim, who i have a hard time getting here regularly.
1994 F250 XLT 4x4 Standard Cab - T-444E Direct Injection Turbo Diesel, 5 SPD M/T Z/F S5-420, Rosewood 160cc Stage 1's, PHP Tuner, 6637, Short Throw Shift Kit, Valair Kevlar/Ceramic, 140V IDM, T-500, 285/75/16 Cooper Discoverer ATR. Steyr C9-A1.
Old 11-03-2007, 08:34 AM
Freshman User

Are those wire diagrams for a ford or is that a toyota? Just wondering because on the bottom of the page it said something about toyota.
Old 11-03-2007, 07:48 PM
Post Fiend

I didn't look, i just passed along the link.

Ask cuda_jim
Old 11-03-2007, 07:48 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Mid-West Region > Michigan Chapter

Tags
ford, forum, rid, talyn, talyni, trucks