6.4L Power Stroke Diesel Engine fitted to 2008 - 2010 F250, F350 and F450 pickup trucks and F350 + Cab Chassis

Since my last post today, I got to ride in a Dodge with a 6.7l...

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2007, 07:17 PM
MuddyCreekFarm
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Since my last post today, I got to ride in a Dodge with a 6.7l...

Cummins. Holy Cow. I'm ready to trade. My friend stopped by and we went for a drive and this truck will literally bark the tires in gears 1 & 2 as it accelerates and he says he's getting atleast 18+ mpg highway, sometimes 20. What gives? Why can't the 6.4l run this good and efficiently (Odds are that your mileage at 5000 miles is going to be as good as it gets). If it weren't for being in a Dodge, I'd have this engine. Makes me wish I had my 7.3l back. Now that I have gone back and read Ford's promotional literature on the 6.4l, it is awfully vague about performance. No mention of out performing the competition in any category the way they use to do...No guts I guess. I think Ford really has its tail between its legs now.

Last edited by MuddyCreekFarm; 10-28-2007 at 07:22 PM.
Old 10-28-2007, 07:32 PM
rednek01
Junior User
i have also driven an 07 dodge 3500 drw crew, and a 2500 dodge crew s.b. yes they are quite peppy, but both trucks were back to have exhaust filters changed. yes both trucks had ulsd fuel used. their regens just were not up to par i guess. my friends trucks are not that impressive except for the power. the dually be normal use is dented, due to the tin that is used to make the bed. personally i do not think the truck is comfortable, after half hour of driving back was killing me. i see some flaws in my ford, but it sure is built well, and comfortable.

Old 10-28-2007, 07:38 PM
sledhead_24_7
Tuned
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
yea me to. I wish my 08 would performe as well as the new dodge 6.7 liter that I rode in as well. most definantly has lots more snort than mine, but mine has D.P.F. issues that ford can't seem to fix. thr truck is going into the shop tomarrow to have every test known to man done to see if they can fix it. we will see. Also drove the new LMM durmax it also has more snort and will bark the tires from 1-3rd with out hardly trying. All I can say for positive is that my old 2001 7.3L with banks power pack would have kille my 6.4L in every respect except for noise level. with most noticable differance being fuel milage and towing power up 10-12% grades. ( not impressed with 6.4L)

Old 10-28-2007, 08:40 PM
mastercaster
Senior User
well, i happen to own a new 6.7l mega cab, dually 4x4 6 speed manual as of last Monday. Traded my '05 F-250 that I had been having trouble with. i am in no way brand loyal. I buy what I think is best fo me at the time of purchase. With that said, I absolutely love the 6.7!!! It is super smooth, quiet, and gobs of power in stock form. It handles much better than my F-250 did. I loved my ford when I got it, but was tired of shop time and potential shop time. I am taking the chance on the Dodge too though. They had some reflashes on the earlier ones for the regen. Love the factory engine brake though. I was told that for the dodge to do a regen, you have to be going above 50mph for several miles.

Old 10-28-2007, 09:20 PM
afreemanmd
Elder User
Originally Posted by mastercaster
well, i happen to own a new 6.7l mega cab, dually 4x4 6 speed manual as of last Monday. Traded my '05 F-250 that I had been having trouble with. i am in no way brand loyal. I buy what I think is best fo me at the time of purchase. With that said, I absolutely love the 6.7!!! It is super smooth, quiet, and gobs of power in stock form. It handles much better than my F-250 did. I loved my ford when I got it, but was tired of shop time and potential shop time. I am taking the chance on the Dodge too though. They had some reflashes on the earlier ones for the regen. Love the factory engine brake though. I was told that for the dodge to do a regen, you have to be going above 50mph for several miles.
Congratulations on the new Dodge! I am curious, as an owner, what can you say about the interior appointments of the truck? I know sometimes the dodge interiors get bashed here (its a ford site, so i understand) but I was wondering what your take was compared to the ford, since you've owned both now in terms of things other than the drivetrain. :-)

Thanks,
Isaac

Old 10-29-2007, 04:41 AM
killaford
Elder User
Originally Posted by MuddyCreekFarm
Cummins. Holy Cow. I'm ready to trade. No mention of out performing the competition in any category the way they use to do...No guts I guess. I think Ford really has its tail between its legs now.
LMAO!

TROLL!

Old 10-29-2007, 05:13 AM
mastercaster
Senior User
I kind of think that MuddyCreekFarm sounds like a troll too. i assure you i am not. i have been on here since i bought my '05 f-250, and will continue to be as long as i can contribute in a helpful way. plus, i have a lot of buddies with fords, so i like to keep up to date and learn everything i can about all of them.
As for the interior, i really like the dodge. i would put it in line with the '05-'07 superduties. the newer interiors are much better than the old. i personally love the '08 ford interior. i think it's the sharpest out there. i liked the power, smoothness, and ride of the dodge better. if i could pick and pull parts from the big three, i could have the absolute perfect truck!

Old 10-29-2007, 06:34 AM
IB Tim
Site Administrator
Received 58 Likes on 30 Posts
For those who want to feed the trolls and make more work for the mods, please don't.

I know we can find another way to entertain ourselves.