Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Canadian National Chapter > British Columbia
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

British Columbia British Columbia
Join Chapter, Leader: Zip

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-24-2007, 03:27 AM
BC Chapter LDR

Zip has a superb reputationZip has a superb reputationZip has a superb reputationZip has a superb reputationZip has a superb reputationZip has a superb reputationZip has a superb reputationZip has a superb reputationZip has a superb reputationZip has a superb reputationZip has a superb reputation
Tires and Wheels

I thought I would head down to the local Kaltire and check out some prices. Wont by from them but thought I could get some info and approx prices. All I can say is my current tires will be fine for now. New 18" wheels with a BFG AT was about $3000.00.
Chris,#12 BS'er/Official Slackmaster #7/AVIDEST WINTER HATER WITH SLEDS
BC Chapter Member/Leader
JOIN THE BC CHAPTER HERE
Zoodad Mod, Blue Spring, Sinister Coolant Filter, Tripple Gauge Pod, Scangauge II, Leveling Kit, Straight Piped

Last edited by Zip; 10-24-2007 at 04:25 AM.
Old 10-24-2007, 10:35 PM
Posting Legend

preppypyro has much to be proud ofpreppypyro has much to be proud ofpreppypyro has much to be proud ofpreppypyro has much to be proud ofpreppypyro has much to be proud ofpreppypyro has much to be proud ofpreppypyro has much to be proud ofpreppypyro has much to be proud ofpreppypyro has much to be proud of
Isnt it insane what a guy can spend on wheel combos?

A good fist fight never hurts anyone... except my opponent.
Old 10-25-2007, 12:05 PM
Senior User

Mr. Fixit is starting off with a positive reputation.
Ya, the prices are sky high now (especially for the really good wheels). I remember back in 1969 when I bought my first set of Cosmic "mags" for my old Volvo 544 - the set cost $160 plus another $160 for Dunlop SP "radials". I was in shock for months over the price but one summer Sunday drive up to Whistler on that twisty road made the cost worthwhile.

I wonder if you can buy anything new in a single 18" aluminum wheel for $320 these days....
Old 10-25-2007, 03:10 PM
BC Chapter LDR

Zip has a superb reputationZip has a superb reputationZip has a superb reputationZip has a superb reputationZip has a superb reputationZip has a superb reputationZip has a superb reputationZip has a superb reputationZip has a superb reputationZip has a superb reputationZip has a superb reputation
The wheel were $270 and change. The tires $376 and change. Then all the other stuff and taxes. I know I can get them for less if I look around.
BC Chapter Member/Leader
JOIN THE BC CHAPTER HERE
Zoodad Mod, Blue Spring, Sinister Coolant Filter, Tripple Gauge Pod, Scangauge II, Leveling Kit, Straight Piped
Old 10-25-2007, 10:49 PM
Senior User

If I understand you, that's a set of new wheels and tires for about $750 - not bad at all.
Old 10-25-2007, 11:33 PM
BC Chapter LDR

Sorry those prices are per tire and per wheel.
BC Chapter Member/Leader
JOIN THE BC CHAPTER HERE
Old 10-25-2007, 11:58 PM
Senior User

Good heavens, you really meant $3K for a set of wheels and tires!!!! That's out of my league. Hope you really enjoy them!
Old 10-26-2007, 05:01 AM
BC Chapter LDR

I didn't get them cause it's way out of my league as well. My wife wanted to go with me. She kept giving me the look. I think she was kind of shocked at the price. I was kind of shocked too.

My current tires are only a year old so I am in no rush. I was just wondering how much it would run to get a little more tire to fill up the wheel wells some.
BC Chapter Member/Leader
JOIN THE BC CHAPTER HERE
Old 10-26-2007, 09:47 AM
Posting Legend

preppypyro has much to be proud ofpreppypyro has much to be proud ofpreppypyro has much to be proud ofpreppypyro has much to be proud ofpreppypyro has much to be proud ofpreppypyro has much to be proud ofpreppypyro has much to be proud ofpreppypyro has much to be proud ofpreppypyro has much to be proud of
When I bought my american racing rims, and paired them up with my mt/r's for my 150, the cost on them was around 600 a tire. That was for 16 in tires too! Since I worked at the tire shop then I got them for alot less, but still!

Old 10-26-2007, 10:20 AM
Senior User

I don't know how you all feel about used wheels/tires, but I have stumbled on some excellent deals in the Buy/Sell here in Vancouver. One problem with old tires (older than about 5 years) is that the rubber compound gets harder and so the tire doesn't grip so well as on fresher units. Still, sometimes you can get really good deals at good (wife friendly) prices. Cheers!
Old 10-26-2007, 02:51 PM
BC Chapter LDR

Yea, I have started watching the buy and sell. Like I said I am not in a hurry. Hopefully something comes up in the spring time.
BC Chapter Member/Leader
JOIN THE BC CHAPTER HERE
Old 10-26-2007, 04:22 PM
Postmaster

seventyseven250 is a name known to allseventyseven250 is a name known to allseventyseven250 is a name known to allseventyseven250 is a name known to allseventyseven250 is a name known to allseventyseven250 is a name known to all
I just picked up a set of four 16" steel wheels and Nokian snow sitres for my mazda for $300. They had been used one season, but they look pretty much new. Estimated new cost, $1000.

The new tires for my truck cost me $1100 for new 16" steels and BFG commercial E rated tires. That seemed like a lot at the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jklnhyd View Post
Holy hell, its not even 9am and you folks are gonna drive me to drink....
Old 10-26-2007, 09:01 PM
Posting Legend

Keep checking craigslist out too, there is always tires and rims in there.

Old 10-26-2007, 11:59 PM
Post Fiend

96sherm has much to be proud of96sherm has much to be proud of96sherm has much to be proud of96sherm has much to be proud of96sherm has much to be proud of96sherm has much to be proud of96sherm has much to be proud of96sherm has much to be proud of96sherm has much to be proud of96sherm has much to be proud of
ebay is your friend too!!

2014 F350/6.7/4x4/CC/SWB/Lariat
Old 10-27-2007, 06:54 AM
BC Chapter LDR

Yep been checking Craigslist, Buy and Sell, Ebay and anything else I can find. I did see a set of 18" wheels that were discontinued for I think it was $197.00 Cdn.

I am starting to lean towards staying with a 16" with a 315 tire. This combo should be somewhat less expensive.
BC Chapter Member/Leader
JOIN THE BC CHAPTER HERE
Old 10-27-2007, 06:54 AM