Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Newer Light Duty Trucks > Lightning, Harley-Davidson F-150, Roush F-150 & Saleen F-150
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Lightning, Harley-Davidson F-150, Roush F-150 & Saleen F-150 SVT Ford F150 Lightning, Roush, Saleen and other performance F150's

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-22-2007, 06:55 PM
Senior User

rootbeerford is starting off with a positive reputation.
Question 1994 Lightning, how much is it worth?

Guy is selling a 94, I'd like to buy it, but dont know much about the valuesw of these trucks. How much do you guys think its worth?
160,000 miles, motor/trans not rebuilt, very nice paint, all stock except flowmasters, home made traction bars (look pretty ugly), and a minispool (will have to be changed) Oh and the AC has been removed. as far as I know everything else works.

1988 F250 4x4 5spd. 7.3L IDI diesel, reg. cab, long bed, 4.10 gears, 33" Nitto Terra Grappler AT's on 16" eagle alloys, front end is lifted enough to make it level. *Gone*
Old 10-22-2007, 10:48 PM

Stewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputation
To get a ballpark idea, you can book it out at this site:
http://www.kbb.com/kbb/UsedCars/default.aspx

Stewart
2000 PSD Excursion 4x4: 38R, JW trans, F5, MBRP, AFE, OBA and Pre-Pump, V & B codes
Never Fry Bacon NAKED!
Old 10-23-2007, 04:20 PM
Posting Guru

Fishin76 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
If all that has been done that you can see, what has been done that you can't? I would pass on it.
2000 F250 SD XLT SC LB 4x4 PSD Ebony and Grey 260K, TS 6-pos Chip, 6637, CCV - my DD now.
1994 F150 XL RC LB 69K 5.0L 2wd, My son's DD.
Old 10-23-2007, 06:09 PM
Senior User

Guy said today he'd take $5000 for it, and I drove it. Loved it except the minispool. I might could get $5000 out of my car if I find the right person looking for an SVO mustang.
So that change anybodys mind, or the miles still to high? truck runs and shifts great, as far as I can tell from driving it its all stock (still has low end torque and good idle, ignition not advanced, ETC...)

1988 F250 4x4 5spd. 7.3L IDI diesel, reg. cab, long bed, 4.10 gears, 33" Nitto Terra Grappler AT's on 16" eagle alloys, front end is lifted enough to make it level. *Gone*
Old 10-23-2007, 06:11 PM
Senior User

forgot to add, that I do CAD work for a large fabrication company and would probably end up designing my own traction bars that are stronger and look better anyway, so those are no concern to me.

Old 10-23-2007, 11:42 PM

Blurry94 has a very good reputation on FTE.Blurry94 has a very good reputation on FTE.Blurry94 has a very good reputation on FTE.
5K would be a decent deal for that one. I'd get rid of the spool as well for street duty.

Rancho used to offer a solid set traction bars for this model/year and the current GEN 1 owners love 'em. There is another aftermarket company that makes something similar now, but the price is outrageous and it takes some time to get them. Here's a shot of the Ranchos on my 94:

Click the image to open in full size.
Old 10-24-2007, 06:12 PM
Senior User

blurry94, do you know how long those bars are and how much they originally cost?
I think I would like to get this truck if I could sell my car, looks great, also how big of a deal is it to switch to mass air?

Old 10-24-2007, 10:57 PM

Blurry94 has a very good reputation on FTE.Blurry94 has a very good reputation on FTE.Blurry94 has a very good reputation on FTE.
There is an aftermarket mass air swap that uses a Mustang ECU and a stand alone transmission controller. There are other aftermarket kits that have been discontinued like the one from Ford. It's a much simpler design, and finding one now is extremely rare. Another option is to re-pin the stock harness for SEFI or find an engine and transmission harness from a wrecked mid/late 90's F-150 with mass air and E4OD transmission.

As for the traction bars, I'll post measurements a little later.
Old 10-25-2007, 08:54 PM
Senior User

faststang94 is starting off with a positive reputation.
i personally think the mass air swap is overrated. get a stand alone you dont need to do all that conversion and your limited to what you can do with a maf anyways. map sensors are the only way to go. imo
Old 10-26-2007, 03:11 PM
Postmaster

lostin90s is starting off with a positive reputation.
Well according to local dealer . When I friend just wanted to see what his 94 w 140000 in all stock and good except light spots above wheel wells. There offered him $800 on a $31000 truck .

But in good condition $4500 5500 for those miles in the trade books.
Red Neck rule #1 If you drive a truck you should always be looking for trucks to get parts off of. If you can't find part used you aren't looking hard enough.

94 F150 XLT 4x4 SC LB MAF 302 E4od 3:55 ls rear
MSD blaster coil ,cap rotor ,Fordracing 9mm wires
Old 10-26-2007, 04:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by faststang94
i personally think the mass air swap is overrated. get a stand alone you don't need to do all that conversion and your limited to what you can do with a maf anyways. map sensors are the only way to go. imo
The owner of local company that specializes in tuning aftermarket EFI systems took a look at the software I use and he even agreed that it is a better option for a daily driven vehicle. There are parameters and values that are used to improve driveability, more so than what the stand alone systems can offer.

From my own experience, I've had great success tuning my mass air system for my supercharged application. The cost for a stand alone system isn't cheap, and most do require an additional transmission controller for trucks equipped with an electronic transmission. And the only limitation I ran into was a pegged MAF, which wasn't a problem after I installed another that was calibrated for that properly.
Old 10-26-2007, 10:57 PM
Senior User

faststang94 is starting off with a positive reputation.
well your probably right for a street car. i dunno ive always delt with map sensors in hondas and what not. so im used to that whole concept. i can understand running a stand alone you won't get the fuel mileage and the adjustabilty of say a stock computer where when your baro pressures change and your computer compensates for altitude and air pressure and what not. i can see where a stand alone doesnt use any of that
Old 11-11-2007, 11:59 PM
Senior User

Gen 1 driver is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rootbeerford
Guy said today he'd take $5000 for it, and I drove it. Loved it except the minispool. I might could get $5000 out of my car if I find the right person looking for an SVO mustang.
So that change anybodys mind, or the miles still to high? truck runs and shifts great, as far as I can tell from driving it its all stock (still has low end torque and good idle, ignition not advanced, ETC...)
$5K is too much for a basicly stock 94 with no AC. There are much better deals out there. I bought my 3rd Gen 1 last week. 94 red with 93K miles and supercharged with Hughs racing trans for $6K. My black 94 was bought stock in perfect condition with 190K for $4K last year.
Hope that helps
Mike
Old 10-18-2008, 10:41 PM
New User

frygrgru is starting off with a positive reputation.
just bought a 95 168000 very good shape never raced i now have 2 94's and 1 95 sounds like about 4000.00 to me.
Old 10-18-2008, 11:10 PM
Founder ... Stay Tuned

FTE Ken has a superb reputationFTE Ken has a superb reputationFTE Ken has a superb reputationFTE Ken has a superb reputationFTE Ken has a superb reputationFTE Ken has a superb reputationFTE Ken has a superb reputationFTE Ken has a superb reputationFTE Ken has a superb reputationFTE Ken has a superb reputationFTE Ken has a superb reputation
Welcome Frygrgru! Do you have any pictures of them! 3 Lightnings, wow!
Old 10-18-2008, 11:10 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Newer Light Duty Trucks > Lightning, Harley-Davidson F-150, Roush F-150 & Saleen F-150

Tags
1994, 20, 2008, 94, f150, ford, lighting, lightining, lightning, pay, sale, sefi, texas, trucks, worth, years