Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > 1994.5 - 1997 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

1994.5 - 1997 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel SPONSORED BY:

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-22-2007, 12:08 PM
Senior User

StrokeThis96 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Cold Turbo Sound???

I started my 96 PSD this morning at about 34 degrees. I let it warm up for about 15-20 mins. when i took off the turbo and exhaust pipe were makin a wierd sound, almost like there was something stuck in the pipe. wasnt a whistle like normally on my straight pipe, but more of a blowing sound like an air compressor valve being opened. when i was goin about 25mph it was doin same thing and untill i stepped on it a little more the turbo made the normal whistle sound like normally it does but after i let off it started to whoooosh again. is it a problem with my hpop to the turbo or is it my ebpv??? or is it another problem??
Old 10-22-2007, 12:14 PM
Senior User

250turbo is starting off with a positive reputation.
i bet it is your ebpv.

'96 f250 h.d. p.s.d. super cab,long bed,e40d built by john wood.gutted ebpv,3x4 d.p. & 4" exhaust,gauges,ab injectors,tranny& inter coolers,ex. brake,ccv mod,130 gallons motion lotion,fs2500 by pass,certified j b welder
Old 10-22-2007, 12:18 PM
Playing in the Dirt

plowhand has a good reputation on FTE.plowhand has a good reputation on FTE.
It's your ebpv. Just unplug it and forget about it. It's a two wire plug screwed to the base of the turbo.
95 F250, XLT, 2WD, 5 Spd, 4.10 l/s, SuperCab, Longbed. Beans Stage II's, Adrenaline HPOP, Wildman 6 pos. chip, SMF, Open air intake, EBPV gutted, SSX, downpipe, CAT gutted, shimmed FPR, GPR control switch, gauges (Pyro, Boost, AMPs, mechanical Oil Pres. & mech. Water Temp.)
02 F150 Super Crew, Lariat (Wife's)
81 Bronco with 460
Old 10-22-2007, 12:19 PM
Postmaster

MADVAN has a very good reputation on FTE.MADVAN has a very good reputation on FTE.MADVAN has a very good reputation on FTE.
X2

Bill
Old 10-22-2007, 03:13 PM
FOREIGN GURU

RÖENTGEEP is a splendid one to beholdRÖENTGEEP is a splendid one to beholdRÖENTGEEP is a splendid one to beholdRÖENTGEEP is a splendid one to beholdRÖENTGEEP is a splendid one to beholdRÖENTGEEP is a splendid one to behold
Arrow

Rigth here:
Attached Images

96 F250, E40D, 2WD, 3.55, 145K. DIY intake-exhaust brake. DP 3-3.5" ceramic coated; HPX; GPR switch; Isspro gauges; shim FPR; Tru-cool; CCV mod; 4" SS exhaust; SS 5" tip; no cat; RacerX VB; TW 6p chip; 203*;140IDM;6.0IC; cristal clear lenses; fuel tank mod; AC cold mod; coolant filter.

«Primum non nosere» Drive safely !
Old 10-22-2007, 04:59 PM
Posting Guru

WALJON is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
HA HA I had the same noise, even louder when I put on the AFE ,now that I unpluged the ebpv noise is gone
Old 11-30-2007, 04:06 PM
FOREIGN GURU

RÖENTGEEP is a splendid one to beholdRÖENTGEEP is a splendid one to beholdRÖENTGEEP is a splendid one to beholdRÖENTGEEP is a splendid one to beholdRÖENTGEEP is a splendid one to beholdRÖENTGEEP is a splendid one to behold
this is the EPBV

96 F250, E40D, 2WD, 3.55, 145K. DIY intake-exhaust brake. DP 3-3.5" ceramic coated; HPX; GPR switch; Isspro gauges; shim FPR; Tru-cool; CCV mod; 4" SS exhaust; SS 5" tip; no cat; RacerX VB; TW 6p chip; 203*;140IDM;6.0IC; cristal clear lenses; fuel tank mod; AC cold mod; coolant filter.

Old 11-30-2007, 04:12 PM
Junior User

hoodjason is starting off with a positive reputation.
What does EPBV stand for and what does it do? I have the same problem.
Old 11-30-2007, 04:42 PM
Postmaster

Lead Head has a great reputation on FTE.Lead Head has a great reputation on FTE.Lead Head has a great reputation on FTE.Lead Head has a great reputation on FTE.Lead Head has a great reputation on FTE.Lead Head has a great reputation on FTE.
Its not a problem, its a built in valve to increase EGTs at idle/low speed to warm the engine up faster, they generally work, but can get annoying like that
Old 11-30-2007, 04:54 PM
Playing in the Dirt

plowhand has a good reputation on FTE.plowhand has a good reputation on FTE.
Like Lead Head said. EBPV = Exhaust Back Pressure Valve
95 F250, XLT, 2WD, 5 Spd, 4.10 l/s, SuperCab, Longbed. Beans Stage II's, Adrenaline HPOP, Wildman 6 pos. chip, SMF, Open air intake, EBPV gutted, SSX, downpipe, CAT gutted, shimmed FPR, GPR control switch, gauges (Pyro, Boost, AMPs, mechanical Oil Pres. & mech. Water Temp.)
02 F150 Super Crew, Lariat (Wife's)
81 Bronco with 460
Old 11-30-2007, 07:03 PM
Elder User

Flea is starting off with a positive reputation.
So, why unplug it if the trucks operate better at a hotter temp?

Uh, thought coming ... you guys probably don't live in the cold areas?

I hear it only in the AM and then it goes away. The more heat I can get the better to start burning veggie.
Waste Veg. Oil conversion - GoldenFuelSystems.com
Tymar Intake,ccv mod, 3" DP,Cat delete, muff delete, Cooner 20K mod, TruCool Max Tranny cooler.

... to come
Aeroforce Terminator gauge (Thanks Tim, I have been looking for an all in one gauge).

Truck Pics
Old 11-30-2007, 07:06 PM
FOREIGN GURU

Exclamation

I have read that the EBPV was a wasting time engineers. Most people has it unplugged and no any problems. And other has gutted it for always.

Old 11-30-2007, 07:07 PM
FOREIGN GURU

But you also can canvert it to a exhaust brake, and works very well and cheap.

Old 11-30-2007, 08:05 PM
Posting Guru

glasseater is starting off with a positive reputation.
it barely does anything... it's been in the 20s and under already here.. with mine unplugged it warms up just the same as it always did....
Old 11-30-2007, 10:02 PM
Post Fiend

tjbeggs is a name known to alltjbeggs is a name known to alltjbeggs is a name known to alltjbeggs is a name known to alltjbeggs is a name known to alltjbeggs is a name known to all
The valve does very little of what it was designed to do. If it malfunctions and stays closed it will cause low power and high EGT which could hurt the engine and turbo. The valve only aids in cold start up warming not operating temps.

AD's, IC, Rear Disc, OBA, Tuned by Tony Built by me!

Transmission by Racer X!

Old 11-30-2007, 10:02 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > 1994.5 - 1997 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel