1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

"Lost It All" Help

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2007, 08:33 PM
RUSTY50F1
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
OK I found them now how do I get them back to bookmarks on the tool bar?

Old 10-19-2007, 09:57 PM
sgtrwg
Senior User
Rusty;

It will depend on where they are?

Bob G

Old 10-19-2007, 10:10 PM
sgtrwg
Senior User
Rusty;

This is from Mozilla's help files hope it helps.

Restoring bookmarks from backup

* The import bookmarks feature of the Bookmarks Manager will add the contents of any bookmark backup to your current bookmarks.

* Firefox: "Bookmarks -> Organize (or Manage) Bookmarks... -> File -> Import... -> from File"
* Mozilla Suite: "Bookmarks -> Manage Bookmarks... -> Tools -> Import..."
2. When the file picker appears, navigate to the folder that contains the bookmarks file you wish to use and select that file. Windows 2000/XP/Vista users can navigate to the bookmarks backup folder by typing "%APPDATA%" in the file field and pressing Enter, going into Mozilla, then Firefox, then Profiles, then xxxxxxxx.default (where xxxxxxx is any sequence of numbers and characters), then the bookmarkbackups folder [2].

* If your current bookmarks file is corrupt, however, it may be better to completely close the browser, find a bookmark backup file, rename it "bookmarks.html" and then replace the bookmarks.html file in the Firefox or Mozilla Suite/SeaMonkey profile folder with the renamed backup. Firefox users may prefer to use the Firefox Safe Mode option, "Reset bookmarks to Firefox defaults" and then select the option, "Make Changes and Restart", which will replace the corrupt bookmarks.html file with a new default copy. The Bookmarks Manager can then be used to import the bookmark backup file, as explained above. [3]

Bob G

Old 10-19-2007, 10:27 PM
AXracer
Hotshot
Received 53 Likes on 34 Posts
I would first try a system restore. Go to start click on programs, acessories, system tools then system restore.
Choose restore to a previous time radio button
next
click on a bold date on the calendar that is prior to the problem occurance
restore to that date.
It is not destructive and reversable so you can't hurt anything.
worse possible scenario there is no previous restore point date to restore to. If that's the case, AFTER you get everything working properly run system restore and choose "make a restore point" on the first screen. give it a name like working here, and next time you can use that restore point. Always run system restore before adding any new programs or updates and set a restore point. Windows is supposed to do it automatically, but for some reason it sometimes "forgets" previous restore points, so it's best to do it manually just in case.

Old 10-19-2007, 10:59 PM
RUSTY50F1
Posting Guru
Thanks AX I tried that 3 times today and it didn't work. I have them on my Desk top so I can click on them. Just not in Mozilla.

Old 10-20-2007, 09:58 AM
rcav8or
If you use it, SUPPORT IT
Originally Posted by f100kid1936
I'm dumping Firef-up as of today. When I'm downloading my emails and I get a pop-up that says Firef-up is installing updates, etc, it's time to put a halt to them.
This happens all the time, not just when I'm reading emails.
Set it to update manually. Firefox has 1/10th the problems that IE does. And they are staying on top of it, that's why the updates. They only update about once or twice a month, so if you are getting popups all the time, I'm guessing that you aren't allowing it to update. It just takes a second, and it's protecting you!

I'll never go back to IE, we are forced to use it at work, no Firefox, and we constantly are having "issues" with it. 99% of the hackers are trying to bust IE, so it's constantly under fire. Not so with Firefox.

I recommend you give it another chance...

R

Old 10-21-2007, 12:15 AM
azls1
Junior User
Steps: