6.4L Power Stroke Diesel Engine fitted to 2008 - 2010 F250, F350 and F450 pickup trucks and F350 + Cab Chassis

New Truck Problem

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2007, 08:03 PM
6.9OriginalDiesel
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New Truck Problem

So I got the call thursday night that truck had come in. Went down there on friday to see how it looked and to take it for a spin. While I was sitting in it making sure everything worked, I put down the driver-side rear window and then when i went to put it back up it sparked and started to smoke from inside the door panel. My salesman said that a screw had gone through the wire harness and that it is an easy fix, but im not sure if want truck that has been fixed already. The only way I would take the truck would be if they gave me more money off. Has anyone else encountered this problem on their new trucks?

Old 10-14-2007, 10:21 PM
SouthTexasDiesel
Elder User
Nope. Just sounds like an assembly error. Doesn't really seem like that big of a problem.

Old 10-14-2007, 11:15 PM
rollerstud98
Postmaster

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
In my business I can't stand people like you 6.9, one little fault that can be fixed and you'll never even know about it anymore yet you want money off, all I can say is get a life dude, let them fix it and enjoy the truck. Maybe if it was the motor then yeah, don't get that truck or get it reduced

Old 10-15-2007, 12:04 AM
pullinair
Elder User
Originally Posted by rollerstud98
In my business I can't stand people like you 6.9, one little fault that can be fixed and you'll never even know about it anymore yet you want money off, all I can say is get a life dude, let them fix it and enjoy the truck. Maybe if it was the motor then yeah, don't get that truck or get it reduced
WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just because you woke up on the wrong side of the bed doesnt mean you have to take it out on this guy. Apparently the money tree in your front yard, intills the confidence required to witness your $50,000+ truck blow sparks and smoke with zero miles on it.

Maybe in your line of business (car salesman or stealership owner ?), you need to be doing your job by voiceing the issues with new vehicles that you see on a daily basis, instead of patch-fixing them to get the vehicle off your lot.

Later dude

Last edited by pullinair; 10-15-2007 at 12:06 AM.
Old 10-15-2007, 12:16 AM
rollerstud98
Postmaster

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I just strongly disagree with his mindset of only accepting the truck if they give him more money off, my business is cabinets mainly with also doing anything involved with a home renovation, once and awhile we come across a customer who over nit picks every little thing and then demands money off the final bill that they have agreed on, that bothers me. I don't think his truck should have had what happened to it happen, but to me thats not something to ask for more money off it it.

Old 10-15-2007, 06:10 AM
Super Blue F350
Junior User
When you spend this kind of money that these trucks call for you should get a flawless vehicle, now if a problems occurs, have it addressed and make sure the customer is satisfied, don't down play or minimize the issue just take care of it. It's not everyday that someone drops 50-60k on a dream vehicle and none of know how long someone has been contaplating or saving for this vehicle. If someone waits for a long time for something and when it finally arrives it has a flaw it could be a little disapointing and cuase one to over re-act and that ok. Give them a chance to calm down and I'm sure they will be reasonable. But again thats just me

Old 10-15-2007, 12:26 PM
Slammedsi
Freshman User
Hey if you droping 60K on a NEW rig, then hellz ya i would ask money off. now you have to smell that burnt smell every time you get into your new rig... the burnt wires might cause more problem down the road. Oh yeah i would be asking for money off or a different rig. Make a fit about it, you saw it smoke and spark.

Old 10-15-2007, 04:00 PM
SANDDEMON08
Posting Guru

I havent had that problem, but i went throw hell when i got my truck back in june. I recieved the truck in good condition, the dealer sent the truck through detail and totaly f----- it up.

Someone had a ring on when they whiped the gauge cover down and put a scrap 5" long across the gauge culuster cover. They put two chips in the paint on the driver's door were the pressure washer hose bang the truck while they were washing the top of the truck. In addition, the truck needed to have the tires balanced.

I was the nice guy and said just get it fixed. No compensation needed.

When i took the truck in for balance and paint repairs, a tech pooked a hole in the driver's seat. The dealer ordered a new leather cover, and tried to fix the paint chips. In the process of painting the blend job was horriable, and i requested that they fix it. In the process of the second paint job, they wet sanded a 4"x4" area on the front quarter panel which had no problems but they failed to buff it out. I got the truck back with buffing compound on my seats,the dash and in the carpet. I was outraged.

I demanded compensation. They had my truck for 2 weeks while they put me in a rental 1/2 ton truck. A far cry from my 50,000 dollar truck

To this day my truck still has to have the door painted and the quarter panel repaired and the gauge visor replaced which has been on back order for 15 weeks and its still an open issue. The service rider said they would send the truck to any paint shop i wanted and they would warranty it out. Thats intresting,the dealer scews it up, and ford picks up the tab! anyways, hopefully they will get it handled.

I dont blame ford, but the dealership on the other hand is little to be desired. IMO

Old 10-15-2007, 04:59 PM
stroke this
Senior User
Originally Posted by Slammedsi
Hey if you droping 60K on a NEW rig, then hellz ya i would ask money off. now you have to smell that burnt smell every time you get into your new rig... the burnt wires might cause more problem down the road. Oh yeah i would be asking for money off or a different rig. Make a fit about it, you saw it smoke and spark.
IF THEY TRULY FIXED THE WIRING ISSUE IT WOULD NOT GIVE ANY PROBLEMS DOWN THE ROAD. AS FOR THE BURNT SMELL, IF IT DOES SMELL I WOULD NOT EXCEPT THE TRUCK. IF ALL ISSUES ARE FIXED, ASKING FOR MONEY OFF WOULD BE CHICKEN S**T. I WOULD ASK FOR A NEW RIG BEFORE I WOULD ASK FOR MONEY OFF. JUST MY OPINION THOUGH, I CAN SEE HOW YOU WAN'T A NEW TRUCK WITH NO ISSUES BECAUSE YOU ARE BUYING AND PAYING FOR A NEW FLAWLESS TRUCK.

I WONDER HOW MANY OF THEESE THINGS GO WRONG AT THE DEALER AND WE NEVER KNOW ABOUT IT, THEY JUST GET FIXED AND WE ARE NEVER THE WISER, YOU JUST HAPPEND TO CATCH IT FIRST.

Old 10-15-2007, 07:45 PM
lee3
Freshman User
I understand about problems with a new truck, mine has 3200 on it and has been took apart twice and they will begin to do it for the 3rd time tomorrow to install a new 6.4.I did get a chance to see the engine today.I have called the customer service hotline and told them I would prefer they replace the truck because it has been in the service dept more than in my garage.I told them I felt unconfortable with a new truck that had been took apart so many times.

Old 10-16-2007, 01:13 PM
Vijay
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I would want a new rig altogether...
Off loading 60K and getting a repaired truck??? Not acceptable, no matter how small or large the fix is…

Old 10-18-2007, 11:26 PM
richardndawnc
New User
my 08 has 69K on it and has been in the shop at least once a month since i got it back in feb of 07. These trucks are better built than the 07 cause i had one of those too.the 6.0 came all to pieces and threw a rod out the side of the block at 6900 miles. Thats why I have the 08 because i got the first one in the state. But ford still has a long way to go until I would reccommend that anyone go out and drop 50K on one, go buy an 03 7.3 for 20K and drive the heck out of it. I can kick myself for ever buying this truck.

Old 10-19-2007, 06:36 AM
theoshin
Senior User
what specific problems have you had?

thx

Last edited by IB Tim; 10-21-2007 at 09:31 AM.
Old 10-19-2007, 07:13 AM
PSD6litre40
Posting Guru
I smell a troll.......

Old 10-19-2007, 07:22 AM
killaford
Elder User
sorry you guys had problems but this is good to get it out in the open the new '08 are not flawless as many would like you to believe.

dealerships can be a real problem and when they screw ur **** up, your the jerk.

yours is the first 6.0 i have ever heard of blowing up like that with so few miles. sounds like it was a freak problem by a very specific cause.

too the guy that wants money off, pfffttt!