Mid-Atlantic Region Delaware, Maryland, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Washington D.C. and West Virginia

BIG NORTH EAST MEET

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2007, 08:52 AM
sglaine
Posting Legend
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BIG NORTH EAST MEET

I have talked with a few leaders about having a massive meet from MD to ME. And having a meet near Cooperstown NY..

The events in my mind come as Mud bog

Cook off BBQ, Camping making this a 2 day event.

Truck show,Truck pulling. And anything else we can up come up with..

I would really like to see this a great meet that make national head lines.

Let's have some input in you what you all think...

Old 10-14-2007, 09:15 AM
glruff
Super Moderator
Received 156 Likes on 92 Posts
Sean that sounds great. Maybe you should post this in a thread by itself. Suggest the Mid-Atlantic Region thread since proposed site would be in New York.

Old 10-14-2007, 02:08 PM
tjc transport
i ain't rite
Received 3,090 Likes on 2,154 Posts
it sounds like fun.
i think we should run with it.

Old 10-14-2007, 06:30 PM
Tractor Boy
Posting Guru
sounds good, I'm in................................ Sean, u lead the way bro, just give us like 3 months advance notice please, thanx

Old 10-14-2007, 06:46 PM
sglaine
Posting Legend
Originally Posted by Tractor Boy
sounds good, I'm in................................ Sean, u lead the way bro, just give us like 3 months advance notice please, thanx

I will be more then happy to lead it..But I need all the help I can get to do logistics. Plus I also would like ideas and input to draw the biggist event FTE has ever had..

I would like the New York Leader to find a place for us and handle that for starters..

This event is going to take up a lot of time from everyone.. I have 2 from my chapter that is going to help also ..

Old 10-14-2007, 06:48 PM
sglaine
Posting Legend
We also should think of music..Do we want to hire a band or bands..Or can we come up with Members with in our chapters that can play for us.

Old 10-14-2007, 07:27 PM
msgtg
Post Fiend
HEY....I'm a logistican! If I knew a little more about a date ....I might be coerced into helping out. It's a little bit of a haul for me but who knows....I'd bet I could find a cold local brewski up there....don't ya think?

FNG

Old 10-14-2007, 07:31 PM
sglaine
Posting Legend
Originally Posted by msgtg
HEY....I'm a logistican! If I knew a little more about a date ....I might be coerced into helping out. It's a little bit of a haul for me but who knows....I'd bet I could find a cold local brewski up there....don't ya think?

FNG

Ok I was thinking June sometime. And to take a vote from the leaders on what weekend.....Welcome aboard

Old 10-14-2007, 07:40 PM
Tractor Boy
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by sglaine
We also should think of music..Do we want to hire a band or bands..Or can we come up with Members with in our chapters that can play for us.
I think I could talk 2 a local band that is really good........... and my cousin and family could come play some bluegrass

Old 10-14-2007, 07:45 PM
Tractor Boy
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by glruff
You may want to consider a later date in July or August to be sure school is out in all parts of the region.

AND you consider moving this discussion our of the Chapter leader forum so the non CL's can participate.
yeah, I agree with George on both points here, more viewing audience = more input............... and summer is better for me, but June is always not good, yearly National Guard Annual Training, and I will also have schools comin up, so as soon as I find out when they r we can make adjustments 2 the meet if needed

Old 10-14-2007, 08:05 PM
BigF350
Hotshot
Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts
For starters, this idea sounds great - if you need any assistance, maybe creating posters for the event, or anything else I can do on the other side of the planet - give me a yell.
Originally Posted by sglaine
Don't want to be a wet blouse - but I would be very cautious about doing anything that has a cost outlay. As much as its a great idea to have a band, the harsh reality could be that it pours down rain on the weekend and that 10 people turn up.

I would attempt to run something a little more "low key" in terms of a band - i.e. with no cost outlay.
Just invite those that play to bring thier guitar for example, if someone has a PA system, bring that along too.

Oh, and if you want, I can split/move this out to the Chapter forum

Old 10-14-2007, 08:06 PM
glruff
Super Moderator
This sounds like a great idea Sean.

FYI as to distance, we live approximately 415 miles from each other. I would suppose that that we live the furthest apart.

Suggest that the date be sometime in July or early August to allow for school closing and openings.

Suggest that the site accomodate both FTE's who may want to camp and those who would stay in a motel.

Cooperstown, NY is approximately 367 miles from me.

Is there a more central location to consider? Something with a major attraction with the above lodging facilities?

Old 10-14-2007, 08:06 PM
msgtg
Post Fiend
Ya'll know that if I show up at this show....I'm gonna expect to see some of ya'll at my 2nd Annual WV Truck Show in August!

LOL!

FNG

Old 10-14-2007, 09:13 PM
glruff
Super Moderator
How far away from Cooperstown are you Joe?

And since you are maintaining an email addr list of the CL's you could handle the electronic mail for the meet planning.

Old 10-14-2007, 09:22 PM
Ronin007
Posting Guru
Hey gang!! Sorry I haven't been online all weekend due to family stuff.

So if we want to do this we are shooting for late July or early August?

George what are you seeing as a central location? Regardless of if this is at Cooperstown or some place else in NY state, I will have to get another member to handle the logistics as I will be too far away. I will still help in any way that I can.

Quick Reply: BIG NORTH EAST MEET