Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Mid-Atlantic Region
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Mid-Atlantic Region Delaware, Maryland, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Washington D.C. and West Virginia

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-14-2007, 08:52 AM
Posting Legend

sglaine has a brilliant futuresglaine has a brilliant futuresglaine has a brilliant futuresglaine has a brilliant futuresglaine has a brilliant futuresglaine has a brilliant futuresglaine has a brilliant futuresglaine has a brilliant futuresglaine has a brilliant futuresglaine has a brilliant futuresglaine has a brilliant future
BIG NORTH EAST MEET

I have talked with a few leaders about having a massive meet from MD to ME. And having a meet near Cooperstown NY..

The events in my mind come as Mud bog

Cook off BBQ, Camping making this a 2 day event.

Truck show,Truck pulling. And anything else we can up come up with..

I would really like to see this a great meet that make national head lines.

Let's have some input in you what you all think...
Old 10-14-2007, 09:15 AM
Super Moderator

glruff has a superb reputationglruff has a superb reputationglruff has a superb reputationglruff has a superb reputationglruff has a superb reputationglruff has a superb reputationglruff has a superb reputationglruff has a superb reputationglruff has a superb reputationglruff has a superb reputationglruff has a superb reputation
Sean that sounds great. Maybe you should post this in a thread by itself. Suggest the Mid-Atlantic Region thread since proposed site would be in New York.

Rest in peace STEVE, STEVEBRICKS, my west coast brother. 08/06/14
Old 10-14-2007, 02:08 PM

tjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputationtjc transport has a superb reputation
it sounds like fun.
i think we should run with it.

rarely in life do you meet a person that will drop everything to help a stranger,
and give the shirt off his back to a friend.
Steve Price was that kind of person.
Godspeed "window licker", the short bus will never be the same with you gone.
Old 10-14-2007, 06:30 PM
Posting Guru

Tractor Boy has a good reputation on FTE.Tractor Boy has a good reputation on FTE.Tractor Boy has a good reputation on FTE.
sounds good, I'm in................................ Sean, u lead the way bro, just give us like 3 months advance notice please, thanx
Old 10-14-2007, 06:46 PM
Posting Legend

sglaine has a brilliant futuresglaine has a brilliant futuresglaine has a brilliant futuresglaine has a brilliant futuresglaine has a brilliant futuresglaine has a brilliant futuresglaine has a brilliant futuresglaine has a brilliant futuresglaine has a brilliant futuresglaine has a brilliant futuresglaine has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tractor Boy
sounds good, I'm in................................ Sean, u lead the way bro, just give us like 3 months advance notice please, thanx

I will be more then happy to lead it..But I need all the help I can get to do logistics. Plus I also would like ideas and input to draw the biggist event FTE has ever had..

I would like the New York Leader to find a place for us and handle that for starters..

This event is going to take up a lot of time from everyone.. I have 2 from my chapter that is going to help also ..
Old 10-14-2007, 06:48 PM
Posting Legend

We also should think of music..Do we want to hire a band or bands..Or can we come up with Members with in our chapters that can play for us.
Old 10-14-2007, 07:27 PM
Post Fiend

msgtg is a splendid one to beholdmsgtg is a splendid one to beholdmsgtg is a splendid one to beholdmsgtg is a splendid one to beholdmsgtg is a splendid one to beholdmsgtg is a splendid one to beholdmsgtg is a splendid one to beholdmsgtg is a splendid one to behold
HEY....I'm a logistican! If I knew a little more about a date ....I might be coerced into helping out. It's a little bit of a haul for me but who knows....I'd bet I could find a cold local brewski up there....don't ya think?

FNG

We live in the Land Of The Free...BECAUSE of the Brave! My humble thanks to all Veterans, past and present
Old 10-14-2007, 07:31 PM
Posting Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by msgtg
HEY....I'm a logistican! If I knew a little more about a date ....I might be coerced into helping out. It's a little bit of a haul for me but who knows....I'd bet I could find a cold local brewski up there....don't ya think?

FNG

Ok I was thinking June sometime. And to take a vote from the leaders on what weekend.....Welcome aboard
Old 10-14-2007, 07:40 PM
Posting Guru

Tractor Boy has a good reputation on FTE.Tractor Boy has a good reputation on FTE.Tractor Boy has a good reputation on FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sglaine
We also should think of music..Do we want to hire a band or bands..Or can we come up with Members with in our chapters that can play for us.
I think I could talk 2 a local band that is really good........... and my cousin and family could come play some bluegrass
Old 10-14-2007, 07:45 PM
Posting Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by glruff
You may want to consider a later date in July or August to be sure school is out in all parts of the region.

AND you consider moving this discussion our of the Chapter leader forum so the non CL's can participate.
yeah, I agree with George on both points here, more viewing audience = more input............... and summer is better for me, but June is always not good, yearly National Guard Annual Training, and I will also have schools comin up, so as soon as I find out when they r we can make adjustments 2 the meet if needed
Old 10-14-2007, 08:05 PM
Post Fiend

BigF350 has a superb reputationBigF350 has a superb reputationBigF350 has a superb reputationBigF350 has a superb reputationBigF350 has a superb reputationBigF350 has a superb reputationBigF350 has a superb reputationBigF350 has a superb reputationBigF350 has a superb reputationBigF350 has a superb reputationBigF350 has a superb reputation
adrian.erks.harris adrianerksharris
For starters, this idea sounds great - if you need any assistance, maybe creating posters for the event, or anything else I can do on the other side of the planet - give me a yell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sglaine
Don't want to be a wet blouse - but I would be very cautious about doing anything that has a cost outlay. As much as its a great idea to have a band, the harsh reality could be that it pours down rain on the weekend and that 10 people turn up.

I would attempt to run something a little more "low key" in terms of a band - i.e. with no cost outlay.
Just invite those that play to bring thier guitar for example, if someone has a PA system, bring that along too.

Oh, and if you want, I can split/move this out to the Chapter forum
Old 10-14-2007, 08:06 PM
Super Moderator

glruff has a superb reputationglruff has a superb reputationglruff has a superb reputationglruff has a superb reputationglruff has a superb reputationglruff has a superb reputationglruff has a superb reputationglruff has a superb reputationglruff has a superb reputationglruff has a superb reputationglruff has a superb reputation
This sounds like a great idea Sean.

FYI as to distance, we live approximately 415 miles from each other. I would suppose that that we live the furthest apart.

Suggest that the date be sometime in July or early August to allow for school closing and openings.

Suggest that the site accomodate both FTE's who may want to camp and those who would stay in a motel.

Cooperstown, NY is approximately 367 miles from me.

Is there a more central location to consider? Something with a major attraction with the above lodging facilities?

Old 10-14-2007, 08:06 PM
Post Fiend

msgtg is a splendid one to beholdmsgtg is a splendid one to beholdmsgtg is a splendid one to beholdmsgtg is a splendid one to beholdmsgtg is a splendid one to beholdmsgtg is a splendid one to beholdmsgtg is a splendid one to beholdmsgtg is a splendid one to behold
Ya'll know that if I show up at this show....I'm gonna expect to see some of ya'll at my 2nd Annual WV Truck Show in August!

LOL!

FNG

We live in the Land Of The Free...BECAUSE of the Brave! My humble thanks to all Veterans, past and present
Old 10-14-2007, 09:13 PM
Super Moderator

How far away from Cooperstown are you Joe?

And since you are maintaining an email addr list of the CL's you could handle the electronic mail for the meet planning.

Old 10-14-2007, 09:22 PM
Posting Guru

Ronin007 has a great reputation on FTE.Ronin007 has a great reputation on FTE.Ronin007 has a great reputation on FTE.Ronin007 has a great reputation on FTE.Ronin007 has a great reputation on FTE.
Hey gang!! Sorry I haven't been online all weekend due to family stuff.

So if we want to do this we are shooting for late July or early August?

George what are you seeing as a central location? Regardless of if this is at Cooperstown or some place else in NY state, I will have to get another member to handle the logistics as I will be too far away. I will still help in any way that I can.
Old 10-14-2007, 09:22 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Mid-Atlantic Region