Mid-Atlantic Region Delaware, Maryland, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Washington D.C. and West Virginia

BIG NORTH EAST MEET

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2007, 08:22 PM
msgtg
Post Fiend
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
HEY KEN!!!! For BoSox tickets, I'll drive in from WV!!! Keep us informed!

For my last game I had to resort to E-Bay for tickets....and they wound up being obstructed view tickets. Still had a good time though.

Joe

Old 10-19-2007, 08:47 PM
soondg
Postmaster
Good post Ken, I have arranged meets with entertainment, food and plenty of parking, all free. No one showed. It takes time to break the ice. Some people are not comfortable meeting off line. The idea of arranging a meet around a major show makes sense, utilize their promotion and try to get members to participate as a club. Have tried to get guys together for Bloomsburg, Carlisle, The Buck to no avail. One or two guys show up, this year Delaware had a good show in Carlisle. Other FTErs where there but no one hooked up. George's idea of us registering as a club may help unite the FTE members and create some excitement for the chapters as a whole. We have to decide on the site then start PMng, e-mailing and posting about it. Maybe if there was a small charge those who say they will participate will come. We could use whatever funds where raised for T-shirt give aways or something along those lines. Maybe pay for a barbeque at the fair grounds.

Old 10-23-2007, 08:12 AM
glruff
Super Moderator
Received 157 Likes on 93 Posts
Send your planning pack requests to Toni again. Mine went thru today.

Old 10-23-2007, 08:17 AM
msgtg
Post Fiend
George, which address did you use?

Joe

Old 10-23-2007, 09:29 AM
glruff
Super Moderator
Originally Posted by glruff
Send your planning pack requests to Toni again. Mine went thru today.
I actually sent it to both addresses listed above.

toni@carlisleevents.com and info@carlisleevents.com

Toni confirmed that request was read.

See post #56

Old 10-24-2007, 06:16 AM
glruff
Super Moderator
Do you all have instant messaging?

I use a program call Trillian because it allows you to chat with all major instant messaging programs.

Trillian™ is a fully featured, stand-alone, skinnable chat client that supports AIM, ICQ, MSN, Yahoo Messenger, and IRC. It provides capabilities not possible with original network clients, while supporting standard features such as audio chat, file transfers, group chats, chat rooms, buddy icons, multiple simultaneous connections to the same network, server-side contact importing, typing notification, direct connection (AIM), proxy support, encrypted messaging (AIM/ICQ), SMS support, and privacy settings.

Trillian provides unique functionality such as contact message history, a powerful skinning language, tabbed messaging, global status changes (set all networks away at once), Instant Lookup (automatic Wikipedia integration), contact alerts, an advanced automation system to trigger events based on anything happening in the client, docking, hundreds of emoticons, emotisounds, shell extensions for file transfers, and systray notifications. http://www.ceruleanstudios.com/learn/

My username is glruff513, what's your's??????

Old 10-24-2007, 07:41 AM
msgtg
Post Fiend
George, I can't use IM here at work. It's a corporate thing. I can do IM at home...but I don't use IM.

Sorry Pal.

Joe

Old 10-24-2007, 07:45 AM
glruff
Super Moderator
Well we can use this to discuss the planning for this meet.

Old 10-24-2007, 07:53 AM
msgtg
Post Fiend
HEY!!! What a novel idea! Works for me!

Joe

BTW, I submitted my request for a Chapter Meet Pack yesterday and it hasn't come back so I THINK I'm ok.

Old 10-24-2007, 04:18 PM
krewat
Site Administrator
Received 298 Likes on 157 Posts
Hmm...

I am usually one to eschew public events, and I've been known to back out at the last minute. Take this as you may...

I am 4 hours from Cooperstown, and my brother-in-law has some land and a nice trailer about 30 minutes away. This would have almost locked me into going to the event...

However, now I hear Carlisle? Hmm... that's doable too, probably the same distance, but bad because I wouldn't be near someplace I could stay for a day or two (free) with the family and then go to the meet.

Could someone recap the entire idea being discussed? I didn't go back through all 6 pages, my fault really, but wondering if a recap at this point would be a good idea??

thanks!

--

ps: What are your ideas about where the meet is to be held, and is there overnighting available, as in, I can sleep in my pickup bed with an air mattress (w/topper) and if there's going to be beer, I'm much better off sleeping in that spot.

Old 10-24-2007, 05:51 PM
sglaine
Posting Legend
Originally Posted by glruff
Well we can use this to discuss the planning for this meet.

Is Sunday Morning a good time for everyone??

Old 10-24-2007, 08:12 PM
glruff
Super Moderator
Art to answer some of your questions.

First no final decision has been made as of this date but it appears that Carlisle, PA will be the place at the All Truck Nationals show they have there each year. It is however, the opinion of a majority of the CL's in the Mid-Atlantic Region that Carlisle is the best place, with the least amount of expense to hold this meet for the FTE Mid-Atlantic Region and all FTE members who wish to attend.

As far as sleeping arrangements, each chapter leader has sent for the club planning pack. After that is received we will better know how to answer that question. I know there are numerous campgrounds available and motels. If we can book enough rooms at a motel, then I don't see why you couldn't sleep in your truck in their parking lot or maybe share a room or "couch" in a room. Anyway you could certainly use one of the rooms, I am sure to shower, etc.

As far as beer or other alcoholic beverages, it will not be provided by FTE or the Chapters participating. The members are free to provide those items for their own consumption. I am not sure that the Event allows alcoholic beverages during the show. We will know that answer when we receive the requested information.

I believe that the New England Region is planning a similar meet for June which will be open to all FTE members also.

Anybody else have any thoughts on these matters please post your opinion.

Last edited by glruff; 10-24-2007 at 08:15 PM.
Old 10-25-2007, 05:55 AM
msgtg
Post Fiend
My opinion is....I WANNA GO....so, I'm planning on going!

The WV Chapter will be represented! WOO HOOOOOO!

Joe

Old 10-25-2007, 05:56 AM
msgtg
Post Fiend
Dang it....I was so exuberant I forgot to add Sunday morning I have a date with a boat, a fishin' pardner, and some bass!

But that's ok, ya'll have the meeting, I'll catch up!

LOL!
Joe

Old 10-25-2007, 10:33 AM
glruff
Super Moderator
Let's just try a test run tonight, say after 9pm. I will setup a group chat. Just contact glruff513 and I will setup a group chat for everyone.

Quick Reply: BIG NORTH EAST MEET