Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Newer Light Duty Trucks > Lightning, Harley-Davidson F-150, Roush F-150 & Saleen F-150
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Lightning, Harley-Davidson F-150, Roush F-150 & Saleen F-150 SVT Ford F150 Lightning, Roush, Saleen and other performance F150's

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-12-2007, 09:40 PM
Senior User

oldiron is starting off with a positive reputation.
intercooler cleaning help

I need a link to a good write up (w/pics and parts list) on removing and cleaning the intercooler on my '01 Lightning.
Thanks
Greg
Old 10-13-2007, 02:08 AM

Stewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputation
I'd post a few links for you, but the website is temporarily down right now.

You won't need a parts list because in taking the S/C off to get to the IC, you won't be removing anything that needs replacing. Everything is reusable.

The gasket between SC and midplate is metal and can be reused.

The gasket between the midplate and lower intake manifold is metal and can be reused.

All the bolts are reusable in this area and dont need to be replaced.

DO NOT seperate the IC from the Midplate. Those bolts are torque to yield and cannot be reused, plus you will most likely damage the gasket because it's not metal.

There is no reason to seperate the IC from the midplate in order to clean the IC.

Send me your email, I have the instructions saved to a Word doc I'll send to you in a zipped file.

Stewart
StarGazr9z at aol dot com
2000 PSD Excursion 4x4: 38R, JW trans, F5, MBRP, AFE, OBA and Pre-Pump, V & B codes
Never Fry Bacon NAKED!

Last edited by Stewart_H; 10-13-2007 at 02:21 AM.
Old 10-13-2007, 09:09 AM
Senior User

Lineman5@yahoo.com
Old 10-13-2007, 01:19 PM

Stewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputationStewart_H has a superb reputation
Word doc has been sent.

Stewart
2000 PSD Excursion 4x4: 38R, JW trans, F5, MBRP, AFE, OBA and Pre-Pump, V & B codes
Never Fry Bacon NAKED!
Old 10-14-2007, 01:02 AM
Senior User

many thanks
Old 10-14-2007, 01:33 AM

No problem.

When me and three of my L buddies got together one weekend and held an IC cleaning party, we'd presoak the IC with Easy Off oven cleaner first. Then we'd clean the IC with carb and brake cleaner and compressed air.

This was my IC before cleaning it.
Click the image to open in full size.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Back of the throttle body.

Underside of S/C.

Valley after IC has been removed.

After its been cleaned.

Stewart
Never Fry Bacon NAKED!

Last edited by Stewart_H; 10-14-2007 at 01:36 AM.
Old 10-14-2007, 02:31 PM
Junior User

councillor is starting off with a positive reputation.
Stewart !!
I'd like a copy of that word doc if possible. Thx!!

mymailtome@gmail.com

Last edited by councillor; 10-14-2007 at 02:37 PM.
Old 10-14-2007, 04:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by councillor
Stewart !!
I'd like a copy of that word doc if possible. Thx!!

mymailtome@gmail.com
Email has been dispatched!

Stewart
Never Fry Bacon NAKED!
Old 10-14-2007, 07:11 PM
Junior User

councillor is starting off with a positive reputation.
Great............Thx Stewart.

Now....I have to find a good week-end to have a cleanup party :-)
Old 10-19-2007, 09:01 PM
Senior User

I got mine off tonight ( not too bad at all). Mine is nowhere near as dirty as your was (suprising). I can't post pics but I'll send you some is you want.
Thanks for the help
Greg
Old 10-19-2007, 10:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldiron
I got mine off tonight ( not too bad at all). Mine is nowhere near as dirty as your was (suprising). I can't post pics but I'll send you some is you want.
Thanks for the help
Greg
Greg, I can host them for you if want. Or go to Photobucket.com and using their very user friendly interface, upload your pictures yourself and then post them here.

What year is yours? Mine was a '99 that I bought used with 72K miles on it.

Stewart
Never Fry Bacon NAKED!
Old 10-19-2007, 10:15 PM