Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Canadian National Chapter > British Columbia
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

British Columbia British Columbia
Join Chapter, Leader: Zip

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-11-2007, 08:57 PM
Freshman User

72Blazerod is starting off with a positive reputation.
Just bought my first Ford F Series Truck!

Hi Guys,

I just bought a 1978 F-350 Super Cab with a 460 in it. It is my first Ford truck (I've had and still own some Chevys, but this is my first Ford). It's in pretty nice shape! I was wondering if there are any good mail-order stores (like LMC, etc) that you would suggest? And are they any good local suppliers for 70's Ford trucks (specifically some interior parts, trim pieces, brake pieces, etc) that aren't going to break the bank?

Do you have any tips for a new Ford owner (and don't tell me, "Sell the Chevys!," I've already heard it)?

Rod
Old 10-12-2007, 12:09 AM
BC Chapter LDR

Zip has a superb reputationZip has a superb reputationZip has a superb reputationZip has a superb reputationZip has a superb reputationZip has a superb reputationZip has a superb reputationZip has a superb reputationZip has a superb reputationZip has a superb reputationZip has a superb reputation
Hey, welcome. Don't know much about the older Fords as mine is a bit newer. I guess it would depend on what you are looking for. Wreckers for stock stuff, after market stuff I am sure you can find some good info about parts availability from someone here though.
Chris,#12 BS'er/Official Slackmaster #7/AVIDEST WINTER HATER
BC Chapter Member/Leader
JOIN THE BC CHAPTER HERE
Zoodad Mod, Blue Spring, Sinister Coolant Filter, Tripple Gauge Pod, Scangauge II, Leveling Kit, Straight Piped
Old 10-12-2007, 12:35 AM
Pestiferous Nuisance

Greywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputation
Check the advertiser links on the FTE homepage. Most of the supporting advertisers offer good deals, the Bronco Graveyard has a lot of great stuff, and there are a lot of antique and classic links.

I know it sounds like a shameless plug - but there really is a lot of cool stuff. The admin team specifically hand picked those particular outfits because in one way or another they have to do with ford trucks. This site originally began as a way to find restoration parts.

Welcome aboard!

PS: Here's a short list-
http://www.ford-trucks.com/advertise/advertisers.html

Macs Antique Auto Parts is another good one. I'm not real sure how to bring up the complete list.

Last edited by Greywolf; 10-12-2007 at 12:41 AM.
Old 10-12-2007, 08:44 AM
Posting Legend

preppypyro has much to be proud ofpreppypyro has much to be proud ofpreppypyro has much to be proud ofpreppypyro has much to be proud ofpreppypyro has much to be proud ofpreppypyro has much to be proud ofpreppypyro has much to be proud ofpreppypyro has much to be proud ofpreppypyro has much to be proud of
Autowreckers always have cool decent used parts.

Congrats on the "new" truck too!

A good fist fight never hurts anyone... except my opponent.

Last edited by preppypyro; 10-12-2007 at 08:49 AM.
Old 10-13-2007, 11:35 AM
Senior User

Mr. Fixit is starting off with a positive reputation.
72Blazerod: I've found very few good used parts for Fords & Chevys at good prices in the local 'Boneyards'. Perhaps interior trim parts might be better but mechanicals seem to be expensive. The best source for all parts seems to be BuySell Wanteds. I picked up Chevy brake parts, plastic front fender liners, front fenders and a grill cheap for our F250 from private sales in the last 2 years.
Old 10-17-2007, 06:59 AM
Posting Legend

preppypyro has much to be proud ofpreppypyro has much to be proud ofpreppypyro has much to be proud ofpreppypyro has much to be proud ofpreppypyro has much to be proud ofpreppypyro has much to be proud ofpreppypyro has much to be proud ofpreppypyro has much to be proud ofpreppypyro has much to be proud of
Oh check out craigslist too, there is a good autoparts section in there.

A good fist fight never hurts anyone... except my opponent.
Old 10-17-2007, 06:59 AM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Canadian National Chapter > British Columbia