Illinois Chapter Join Chapter Leader: wpnaes

Looking for a good, decent priced, local audio install guy

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2007, 09:21 PM
INFLUENCER
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Looking for a good, decent priced, local audio install guy

What's up my Illinois bruthas! I am In Bartlett, right by Schaumburg. I am looking for a good audio guy to install some stereo equiptment in my new Lariat. After buying my new baby, money is on the tighter side, so I cant go somewhere and pay too much for a good install. I will most likely buy the majority of my equipment online. Just need a good bro for a professional install at a fair price.

For sure will be getting a new head unit. A DVD/Navigation double din, and a Stealthbox for under the back seat. I have Alpine V12 amp that I want to get hooked up to the factory door speakers for now. Thinking they will be pretty good once I get a little more power running to them, and want to see how they sound before I buy all new door speakers. So the wiring involved in hooking up the 2 amps, the Subwoofer to the batery exc. Along with putting in the new head unit and wiring up my back up camera with it.

If any of you bro's do installs or have a trusted bro that does them please let me know, Thanks a lot....Influencer

Old 02-19-2007, 03:00 PM
INFLUENCER
Senior User
Now I'm not sure if I'm going to buy the stuff online, or just go somewhere for a one stop shop kind of thing. It may be easier this way. Anyways, refer some good install bro's to me...FLU

Old 02-24-2007, 05:23 PM
BlueMagRT
New User
I only Know of 2 good shops in the area. One Is Marksound on roselle road in schamburg, the other is rays electronics in addison on lake street (just past the rising pheonix tattoo parlor). Don't get a stealth box they can custom make you a good box cheaper. Rays has an excellent selection of speakers, subs, cables and components. You should check out both places as they each carry different brands. Also depending on what size sub you want check out lmiwelding.com for rear seat lift kits.

Old 03-02-2007, 09:21 PM
jake00
FTE is my crack
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My best freind worked at a shop in barrington for years, then went out on his own. now owns a mobile service (car house boat audio) PM me and I'll give ya the 411

Old 03-06-2007, 05:00 PM
BobbyDiesel71
Postmaster
Originally Posted by INFLUENCER
What's up my Illinois bruthas! I am In Bartlett, right by Schaumburg. I am looking for a good audio guy to install some stereo equiptment in my new Lariat. After buying my new baby, money is on the tighter side, so I cant go somewhere and pay too much for a good install. I will most likely buy the majority of my equipment online. Just need a good bro for a professional install at a fair price.

For sure will be getting a new head unit. A DVD/Navigation double din, and a Stealthbox for under the back seat. I have Alpine V12 amp that I want to get hooked up to the factory door speakers for now. Thinking they will be pretty good once I get a little more power running to them, and want to see how they sound before I buy all new door speakers. So the wiring involved in hooking up the 2 amps, the Subwoofer to the batery exc. Along with putting in the new head unit and wiring up my back up camera with it.

If any of you bro's do installs or have a trusted bro that does them please let me know, Thanks a lot....Influencer
one of our new members, TECMAN works for BESTBUY in Schaumburg.
His name is Doug
I had him help me and he is very good!
BLUEMAGRT is knowledgable as well

Old 04-25-2007, 08:23 PM
Tecman
Elder User
Did you ever get your stuff installed?

Also stay away from Ray's, Ive seen so many hacked up cars come from them its a wonder they stay in business.

Originally Posted by INFLUENCER

Old 04-29-2007, 10:24 AM
jake00
FTE is my crack
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I Met Mark from Marksound about 2 weeks ago, Very nice guy (was at a trade show with my freind and ran into him) My freind and Mark used to work at the same place