New Jersey Chapter Join Chapter Leader: sddesigns

Getting tired of this. . .

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2007, 02:47 PM
Loud & Proud
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Getting tired of this. . .

Well, started the new job exactly a month ago and I'm already looking for another one Now I know why independent garages get such bad reps with some of the stuff they pull. (rolling eyes)

Hollering at me for doing my job(the owner didn't see me performing my responsibilities and ASSumed, since he missed it, that I just stand around because I've got nothing better to do) or having to go back out to the SnapOn truck to talk to the dealer about getting my impact gun fixed(got in trouble for that one too), telling me to superglue p/brake shoes back on an '03 Mountaineer and then, even after I told her not too, the service writer/secretary/receptionist went to the owner and asked if she could charge the shoes out as new ones and he said that would be fine(unbelievable).

What is this world coming to? Every where I turn ppl in the auto industry are ripping consumers off and it pisses me off to no end when I see it happening. Bogus services for vehicles, upselling the bogus services and not even doing them, upselling brakes and tires when not needed, lying to customers, putting wrong bulbs in vehicles( I was told as long as it works when it leaves here, that's all that matters) the list is un-ending. Sheeezzzz!! Nobody has respect for the trade, the ppl, the vehicles, nothing. As long as the green pads their pocket they don't care.

I'm sick, tired, and disgusted of working for ppl and companies like this. I don't know about the rest of you guys and what it's like at your jobs, but I've just about had it with my career. I'm only 25 to boot, too. LOL Oh well, I'll figger something out. Sorry for the long post, thanks for the venting space though.

Old 10-07-2007, 08:27 AM
ubereal2
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
I've been throu the same thing. Get the money shops have been giving the rest of us a bad name for a long time. I'm in my mid 40's and have allway's worked on somebody's something.

Keep looking, there are good shops looking for good mechanics.
Bob

Old 10-07-2007, 08:51 AM
350steve
Post Fiend
Keep looking there is always shops,mechanics looking for good help.I saw an add for mechanics at a auto parts,tire store starting pay 28.00 hr for good mech.

Old 10-07-2007, 12:52 PM
Loud & Proud
Senior User
Thanks for the encouragement guys and I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who's looking to do things right and who's run into these losers

Old 10-07-2007, 02:29 PM
tjc transport
i ain't rite
Received 3,102 Likes on 2,164 Posts
yup. i agree. there are plenty of shops looking for honest mechanics.

now with that said, what dealer is you talkin bout, so we know not to go there??

Old 10-09-2007, 07:53 PM
Loud & Proud
Senior User
Don't go to Freehold Pontiac, Buick, & GMC when I worked there, many moons ago, they were ripping people off pretty well. I do recommend Straub Pontiac, Buick, & GMC. The majority of the guys there are very good and one of their GMC A-techs is excellent and they're usually honest and upfront with customers and don't rip them off. They're not perfect but I worked for 'em for almost five years and, again, do recommend them. Don't ever go to Straub Lincoln Mercury either or to B&G Gulf at the corner of Bethany and Holmdel Rd. If I think of others I will let you know and I hope I'm not gettin' in trouble for posting this. Am I allowed to post stuff of this nature? lol

Old 10-10-2007, 07:00 AM
tjc transport
i ain't rite
i know B&G very well. when you look up crooks in the dictonary, there is a picture of that station.
one of the service techs at straub P.B.G is a friends uncle, and i always get treated good there when i need dealer parts.
as for straub L.M., i agree they are about as good as B.&G..
i deal with toms ford for and F.L.M. products. they treat me very well.

Old 10-10-2007, 07:02 AM
tjc transport
i ain't rite
are you looking to stay in the Monmouth county area, or are you shopping in the southern Middlesex area also?? i know a few good shops, and some decent ones also.

Old 10-10-2007, 05:21 PM
Loud & Proud
Senior User
Well for right now I'm taking a week or two off. I have my own customer base and next week, I'm quitting in two days (friday), I'll be going to Freehold to register my business and I actually might almost have a foot in the door at Paul Miller Land Rover in W/bridge but I'm always open to suggestions. I just don't want to have to travel more than 45 min. to work because, at some point, the cost of extra gas and wear and tear on the truck won't be worth it unless I'm getting paid quite a bit more. The biggest things I'm looking for are supplied benefits and respect for the customers so I'll have to see what comes along. So feel free to make suggestions The funniest thing is the more I ask around the more I find out about B&G and the owner and how no-one really ever has anything good to say about either one! LOL