Nevada Chapter Join Chapter, Leader:67 Olfthfl

Summer's gone

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2007, 10:22 PM
olfordsnstone
Lead Driver
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Racerchick, Love the pics! Thanx for posting them. I definately will have to try to get to VC next year for that. Sounds like a good excuse to go there. I like that town.
Soooo, how does your hubby feel about pounding down a few oktoberfest brewskies for the big A day? BTW, happy anniversary to you two.

Me and my better half will be hunkerin down at CVI for the night. No sense in driving home under the influence of Germania... Maybe see you two there? Let me know. If not, you guys enjoy your anniversary for sure.

Old 10-17-2007, 11:08 PM
Bdox
Fleet Owner

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Hi Racerchick, thanks for the pics. That looks like fun, how many entries did they have?

I am going to try to get down to Carson Valley Inn Saturday evening. Is the Oktoberfest event held inside or in the campground area Tim? I won't be staying overnight but my wife Lynne doesn't mind not drinking so she can drive my sorry drunken carcass home. (just kidding, I'm a lightweight really.)

Old 10-17-2007, 11:35 PM
olfordsnstone
Lead Driver
Actually Bruce, the Fest is on Friday. We are staying over Friday night and leaving Saturday with a less than full capacity for rational thinking. In other words, a bit haggard...
Anyway, check to see if you can park the coach out there. The sites are reasonably priced and quiet. They give perks too, which if taken advantage of could equate to a virtually no cost stay. But you gotta use the free slot play to make it as such. I don't think that you and Lynn would be disapointed. We like it.
Tickets will be sold at the door. The RV park, however, would probably require a reservation. The pull through sites are getting down there (down to two at noon today), but there might be more of an abundance of back in sites available, I dunno.
T

Old 10-19-2007, 12:34 PM
racerchick21
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for the good wishes, I'm not sure, we both like beer! I don't know if it would be doable by the time we went home from work in Reno to Fallon and then out to Carson. Will you be wearing your hat?

Bdox- I don't recall, we were there for the finals on Sunday and I think there were 6.

Old 10-20-2007, 06:56 PM
olfordsnstone
Lead Driver
Well, I feel a little froggy this morning. Oh... It's not morning anymore is it? The Oktoberfest Celebration was a kick. Lots of good food, good beer tasting, and Um pah pah music. Ziggy Zaggy Ziggy Zaggy, Hoy Hoy Hoy!!!
I think we'll probably go again next year. Good times.

Old 10-20-2007, 11:26 PM
Bdox
Fleet Owner

Sorry I wasn't there Tim. My time is not alway my own. Glad you had a good time.

How is your new travel trailer working out for you?

Old 10-21-2007, 12:13 PM
olfordsnstone
Lead Driver
Fantastic Bruce. We really do enjoy it, and have a hard time putting it away after each trip. Seems every adventure we take is too short these days, but until we retire I suppose we will always have the need to be responsible adults and get back to work at some point.
The main thing is, the wife loves it. I have learned in my experience with matrimonial bliss , that there aint much happiness if the wife aint happy. But I like it allot too. Lots of room, for a shorter trailer.

Last edited by olfordsnstone; 10-21-2007 at 12:34 PM.
Old 10-21-2007, 03:37 PM
Bdox
Fleet Owner

Yep, my MH is 24ft. The only problem I have with it is keeping my wife from putting too much crap in it. No clue about weight. That and the fact that she wants to arrange the whole thing for the dog's benifit. Other than that, it is plenty big enough.

Old 10-22-2007, 09:21 PM
Snowbunny
Post Fiend
Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts
Ever see that movie "The Long, Long Trailer" with Lucille Ball?? And all her rocks?? Ha! Ha! Ha! Great flick!!

Old 10-23-2007, 12:04 AM
olfordsnstone
Lead Driver
Lizzie, I love that movie!
It cracked me up, when we first bought our 5th wheel this last summer. It didn't look so long on the lot at the dealership. However, the day we picked it up, and stopped at the TA truck stop just west of Winnemucca, I walked out of the gas station to go fill up with diesel. It suddenly occurred to me that I had just stepped into Rickie Ricardo's shoes. That sucker totally dwarfed my little Super Duty. I had to laugh. I had to cry too.
Oh well, the wife loves it, and I have grown accustom to the room too. Twas scary at first but I suppose we're spoiled now.

Kinda funny. My idea of an RV used to be a kelty backpack. What the heck happened?

Old 10-23-2007, 12:14 AM
Snowbunny
Post Fiend
Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by olfordsnstone
Kinda funny. My idea of an RV used to be a kelty backpack. What the heck happened?
I think we got old!!! Somehow the thought of lying on the bare ground just does not seem so appealing!! Ha! Ha! Ha!! We have come to like our creature comforts, most of all, a soft bed!!

Old 10-23-2007, 12:18 AM
Bdox
Fleet Owner

Ten four to that.

My wife has had her MH, and she is not going back to tents, EVER.

Old 10-23-2007, 09:35 AM
olfordsnstone
Lead Driver
Tents? Heck, I used to just pack around a folded up sheet of visquane and a few pieces of twine. Pleanty of tent poles out in the woods.

But yes, I agree, not having my memory foam mattress pad would leave me more stoved up than a Jen Aire down draft, these days... I do still get out in the wilds once in a while, but now I at least have a tent and a nice, and soft ground pad. A little more weight but I don't climb into the rugged type of stuff I used to get in to when I was in the process of beating up my bones. Now I just need to lick my wounds a little more, and load up on mega doses of Advil. LOL

Old 10-23-2007, 03:54 PM
racerchick21
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
We used to make fun of people who 'camped' in RV's when I was younger..................until I got one!

Old 10-23-2007, 06:02 PM
Bdox
Fleet Owner

Right. It may not be "camping" but it sure is a nice way to go!

Quick Reply: Summer's gone