Missouri Chapter Join Chapter , Leader:77&79F250

Stacks

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2007, 08:59 PM
ubereal2
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Stacks

Any of you fellers ever have stacks installed in you're truck? I work around truck drivers all day long. Have been asking several about watching for me some stacks that I could buy decent.
Ol' guy "Lewis" that's there fairly often shows up last saturday while I'm there (day off) building a front end on my 79. And has a pair of 5" stainless stacks. "You can have em' for $30".
So I'm saving a few bucks to have the stacks put in. Laid them over the 2 1/2 pipes that I have now, and made a nice rumbel.
The trucks has a 400m, headers, Hooker Aero Chambers, then to possibly 5" stacks, coming up just over the cab.
Any thoughts
Bob

Old 10-03-2007, 07:34 AM
tcbofade
Hotshot
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
We had a guy around these parts that had stacks on a newer one. He had a bumper sticker on it that said, "when I grow up, I wanna be a Peterbuilt".

I'll bet I can find a pic...

Hey Todd...have you heard anything out of Codyschmoe?

Old 10-03-2007, 08:52 AM
460429_freak
Posting Guru
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by ubereal2
Any of you fellers ever have stacks installed in you're truck? I work around truck drivers all day long. Have been asking several about watching for me some stacks that I could buy decent.
Ol' guy "Lewis" that's there fairly often shows up last saturday while I'm there (day off) building a front end on my 79. And has a pair of 5" stainless stacks. "You can have em' for $30".
So I'm saving a few bucks to have the stacks put in. Laid them over the 2 1/2 pipes that I have now, and made a nice rumbel.
The trucks has a 400m, headers, Hooker Aero Chambers, then to possibly 5" stacks, coming up just over the cab.
Any thoughts
Bob
yeah watch your arms they burn easy... had a tow truck with stacks dang I still have marks from it...

Old 10-03-2007, 09:33 AM
dieseloholic
Senior User
I haven't been on the "home" site for a while. I really need to make one of the meet ups and get to know some of you guys. I've been thinking about stacks as well, but from what I've read and been told by guys who have them you don't want to install them until you have the time and money to insulate the cab at the same time. Most of the guys are taking everything out of the cab (seats, door panels, carpet and head rest (although you have to be extremely careful with this because it'll crease)). They start with one or two layers of a heat sheild product on the back wall, roof and floor. Then they put one layer of a product called "B-Quiet" on the door panels, one layer on the floor, one or two layers on the roof and two to three layers on the back wall. Here's a link to Pete's_7.3PSD's thread that shows exactly what is involved. He didn't put down the heat sheild, but others have said it really helps. There are also many threads about different stack sizes, heights above the cab and end cuts.

https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/6...d-b-quiet.html

Old 10-04-2007, 07:52 PM
ubereal2
Post Fiend
Friday

Stacks go in friday morning. Well.......... I have an appointment to drop the truck off tomorrow. Polished the stacks this afternoon, went thru two 3 1/2" hole saws but got the holes cut out for the pipes. Got the side storage box pulled out from the right side of the bed and ready to drop off. Going to have everything replaced from behind the headers on. Not sure what mufflers yet. Have Hooker Aero Chambers now, not real wild about them. Not deep enough, but vary verbal when I let it have the 4bbl.
See if I can get a sound/video clip. Terry. this is where you'll come in. Remember, I'm not a puter person.
Bob

Old 10-10-2007, 06:23 PM
pintoches
Postmaster
Originally Posted by ubereal2
Stacks go in friday morning. Well.......... I have an appointment to drop the truck off tomorrow. Polished the stacks this afternoon, went thru two 3 1/2" hole saws but got the holes cut out for the pipes. Got the side storage box pulled out from the right side of the bed and ready to drop off. Going to have everything replaced from behind the headers on. Not sure what mufflers yet. Have Hooker Aero Chambers now, not real wild about them. Not deep enough, but vary verbal when I let it have the 4bbl.
See if I can get a sound/video clip. Terry. this is where you'll come in. Remember, I'm not a puter person.
Bob
do you want to sell the aero chambers?

Old 10-10-2007, 09:17 PM
ubereal2
Post Fiend
Hey Ches, I asked around at work about getting some money out of the Aerochambers, and end up giving them to a young guy that's building his first play toy, and near broke allready.

Bob

Old 10-11-2007, 09:06 PM
pintoches
Postmaster
hey thats cool !

they are aleast going on a ford right?