2004 - 2008 F150 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007 and 2008 Ford F150's with 5.4 V8, 4.6 V8 engine
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Leveling Kit Thoughts, What Do You Guys Think?

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2007, 05:04 PM
Murk
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Leveling Kit Thoughts, What Do You Guys Think?

I also want to get a nice 6" lift for my truck, but the cost is just too much for me at the moment, so I'm looking to at least level it out a bit. Here's the items I'm considering:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/FORD-...QQcmdZViewItem

or

http://www.fatbobsgarage.com/cart/pr...8-468-182.html

or

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2004-...QQcmdZViewItem

I've been considering the 2.5 TopGunz lift for a while. Anyone familiar with these or the company's products? Durable? Well designed?

But I ran into the aluminum 3" at Fat Bobs, and they look more solid to me, but I am not really sure the difference in the long run with it being aluminum. Any help would be great.

Old 10-02-2007, 05:08 PM
Murk
Junior User
Ugh, I just came across these now!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/04-07...QQcmdZViewItem

I just want something durable that will last.

Old 10-02-2007, 06:16 PM
Murk
Junior User
Ok, I'm really considering the 3" aluminum from Fat Bobs with a Pro Comp add a leaf.

My only concern is the aluminum leveling kit. What's my downside by going with aluminum? If any.

Last edited by Murk; 10-02-2007 at 06:37 PM.
Old 10-02-2007, 06:17 PM
DaMole
Posting Guru
What most of the guys on here are going to tell you and have are these from autospring.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Auto-...QQcmdZViewItem

You can check out my gallery and I have the 2 1/2 with a replacement 3" block also from them. I personal think they are some of the best out there and they are made very tough and are only $90.

Old 10-02-2007, 06:47 PM
black04lariat
Elder User
Yea a lot of guys on here go with the Autospring. I personally have the NCD customs one with no major issues. I do have Autospring's rear Add a Leaf and dont have any issues with it as well.

Old 10-02-2007, 06:50 PM
Murk
Junior User
I've always known about those. I just saw the different ones and was just looking for opinions. I didn't consider the block though. Going to investigate that as well.

Does the truck sit level or would the add a leaf even be necessary in the back?

Old 10-02-2007, 07:07 PM
Murk
Junior User
Originally Posted by black04lariat
Yea a lot of guys on here go with the Autospring. I personally have the NCD customs one with no major issues. I do have Autospring's rear Add a Leaf and dont have any issues with it as well.
Has the leaf altered the ride quality at all? I've never added anything like this on my truck before.

And I'm wondering how sturdy the blocks are.

Sorry, I feel like a n00b, haha.

Old 10-02-2007, 07:12 PM
SDTruckMan
Laughing Gas
Ive been thinking about this leveling kit/add a leaf thing.
What I dont understand is say I get a 2 inch Autospring leveling kit, then I get the add a leaf to put on.
Aren't we defeating the purpose of getting the 2 inch leveling kit at this point and just putting our trucks back to the same stance as stock before the leveling/add a leaf was added?????

Old 10-02-2007, 07:45 PM
DaMole
Posting Guru
Well with my truck when I put the 2 1/2 leveling kit on the front the truck was sitting a tad bit nose high. You could not tell unless you really looked but if you put something in the bed it was pretty nose high. I did not feel like messing with the add a leaf, I liked the ride that I had (sometimes they will stiffen up some), and the block gave me about a half a inch more lift in to back which gave me the perfect look (IMO) with a toolbox full of tools. Unless something crazy happened you wont ever have any problems with these blocks. They are made more heavy duty than Fords. You can look at the pics in my gallery to see what it looks like.

Old 10-02-2007, 07:46 PM
black04lariat
Elder User
It may have stiffened up the rear end a touch, but nothing major at all. I added it because I tow (AAL better than blocks if you tow) a lot and was tired of getting flashed from others at night because my lights were in there eyes from just the front leveling kit. I have the 2.5 up front and 1.5AAL in the rear.

I have some pictures in my gallery. The ones towards the start of the gallery are with only the front lift, and the ones toward the middle/rear are with the AAL installed. It did settle out a bit after putting some miles on it. It has a bit of a rake but no where near stock. Looks much better than stock to me.

Old 10-02-2007, 07:54 PM
DaMole
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by SDTruckMan
Ive been thinking about this leveling kit/add a leaf thing.
What I dont understand is say I get a 2 inch Autospring leveling kit, then I get the add a leaf to put on.
Aren't we defeating the purpose of getting the 2 inch leveling kit at this point and just putting our trucks back to the same stance as stock before the leveling/add a leaf was added?????
Well yes and no.
It just depends on what your preference is. Me I wanted more clearance for bigger tires and for more ground clearance. My truck now only has a slight rake to it which will level out with a little bit of weight. A 2" kit with a add a leaf with give you a slight raked look but not as much as stock and is good if you tow often and don't want it nose high when you tow.

Now I have seen people put a 2" kit on, an add a leaf, bigger blocks and then it looks the same as it did from the factory with just more ground clearance. Some people like the way it looks from the factory and tow heavy loads but wanted some clearance for bigger tires and that setup will work great. So it just all in what you like and what you are looking for.

Old 10-02-2007, 08:22 PM
Murk
Junior User
I just ordered the 2.5 front leveling kit from AS, and am looking into the 3" blocks now as well. I'm doing this basically for the same reason you did yours: extra clearance for bigger tires.

My only worry now that you mentioned that you have a toolbox in the back, is that if I have the same setup, without the weight of a toolbox, will my tail end sit up higher then the front again. Which honestly, when I think about it, if I have the extra clearance for the tires, I don't know if I would care heh.

Thanks everyone for your input, I trust your opinions more then anything. I've never been steered wrong from these forums.

Old 10-02-2007, 08:33 PM
DaMole
Posting Guru
O know it will not make that big of a difference at all. I really like my setup because the black gives you a little more than a 1/2" so it will not sit up much higher at all but will give you some lenience with towing and loading up the back.