Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > Bio-diesel, Propane & Alternative Diesel Engine Fuels
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-01-2007, 12:23 AM
Senior User

BigJake86 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Where does all the WVO go?

Alright, I've got the wife convinced we need to try WVO Diesel to ease our fuel bill. I've been reading a ton of information and I'm ready to try a small batch (biodieselcommunity). I live close to many restaurants so I have a potentially good chance of getting a supplier of grease. Which leads me to ask; what happens to all of the wvo that gets hauled off in a container? Surely the collectors don't use the stuff to make fuel. Am I thinking too far outside the box or would it be possible to get the stuff from the collector??? Jake

PS I know for a fact you can get refined waste dumped on your cow pastures, etc. for free, so what do they do with the grease?

Last edited by BigJake86; 10-01-2007 at 12:26 AM.
Old 10-01-2007, 09:21 PM
Senior User

elvia is starting off with a positive reputation.
Pet Food

the reason dog food is greasy, is because wvo is sprayed on it. they make lots of products out of it also. Many rendering companies make bio diesel out of it also.
ITP pre pump/tank mod
Old 10-02-2007, 06:58 PM

fabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputation
I have two brothers-in law that work for rendering plants, and the both have told me that most of their product goes to cosmetic manufacturers. The rest goes to the pharmaceutical co's.

RIP Steve Price. A true friend and a tireless supporter of FTE
Old 10-02-2007, 08:18 PM
Senior User

BigJake86 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Now I know. Thanks
Old 10-06-2007, 04:21 PM
Senior User

willbd is starting off with a positive reputation.
Some of it goes into my front tank.
95 F350 SC PSD Auto 4.10 Pro-Tech Aluminum Flatbed with side boxes AutoMeter Transmission and Boost gauges 6637 Filter mod 160K miles B&M 24K Transmission cooler Diamond Eye stainless steel exhaust 2 tank WVO

Bryan Will
Old 10-07-2007, 01:51 AM
Posting Guru

CheaperJeeper is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
A guy I know has a brother who works for one of the local rendering outfits. Talked to him about buying WVO from them direct. They'll sell it to me for a reasonable price - well under a buck a gallon IIRC. The catch is I'd have to buy a whole truck load at a time - about 4500 gallons.

Now, if I could just round up about 10 local people who all wanted to run WVO and/or make their own BIO, and who each have the ability to haul away 500 gallons, we could split the cost and everbody would get some oil for a reasonable price - without having to invest the time and money collecting it.

84 Mercedes 300CD Turbo. Bone stock daily driver

86 F250 Super Cab 4x6 (dually), 7.3 Banks TURBO, SMF & ZF5-47, 4.10 gears, 3" Banks straight-pipe exhaust. Mileage unknown
Old 10-07-2007, 01:51 AM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > Bio-diesel, Propane & Alternative Diesel Engine Fuels