Sponsored by: DP Tuner

Few DP tuner questions

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2007, 09:40 AM
Futuresweets-10
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Few DP tuner questions

I was looking at the DP tuner website and had a few questions for you guys. I was thinking about takeing my truck to them instead of taking my PCM out of the truck an sending it to them in hopes of getting it done in one day and not haveing to be with out my truck. I plan on being up in that area anyway in about two weeks. Do they allow people to bring the truck (or PCM) to them? If so, can the work be done in a day if I schedule an appointment? Also, what are they chargeing to prorgram (flash, tune, whatever they call it...) a PCM? I dont have much done to the truck (gauges, straight exhaust, air filter) and dont plan too, but I do want better fuel economy and a little more power if possible, is this a good option for that?

Old 09-30-2007, 09:44 AM
ron's power stroke
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
he sure will..and maybe under an hours time...give him a call and ask when is best for him..tell him what you got and what you want..he will set you right up....

Last edited by ron's power stoke; 09-30-2007 at 09:46 AM.
Old 09-30-2007, 09:48 AM
Futuresweets-10
Elder User
Originally Posted by ron's power stoke
he sure will..give him a call and ask when is best for him..tell him what you got and what you want..he will set you right up....
I know you had said in a reply in another thread of mine that he use to charge 75. Do ya have any idea what it is now? I hadnt planned to do anything else to this truck, but since I am going to be up that way and it seems like its going to be so cheap I may just be forced to get it done.

Old 09-30-2007, 09:55 AM
ron's power stroke
Post Fiend
yes it is still 75..i just looked.. he has PCM already flashed for 245 with a tune..to flash yous is 75. click on Customer supplied PCM Flash

http://www.shop.dp-tuner.com/category.sc?categoryId=2

Last edited by ron's power stoke; 09-30-2007 at 09:57 AM.
Old 09-30-2007, 10:06 AM
Futuresweets-10
Elder User
yes it is still 75..i just looked.. he has PCM already flashed for 245 with a tune..to flash yous is 75. click on Customer supplied PCM Flash

http://www.shop.dp-tuner.com/category.sc?categoryId=2
I have been looking around the website but hadnt seen any prices. I guess I will call him on monday when he is open and talk to him. Thanks for all the help

Old 09-30-2007, 10:46 AM
DP-Tuner
PREMIUM SPONSOR
Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by Futuresweets-10
I was looking at the DP tuner website and had a few questions for you guys. I was thinking about takeing my truck to them instead of taking my PCM out of the truck an sending it to them in hopes of getting it done in one day and not haveing to be with out my truck. I plan on being up in that area anyway in about two weeks. Do they allow people to bring the truck (or PCM) to them? If so, can the work be done in a day if I schedule an appointment? Also, what are they chargeing to prorgram (flash, tune, whatever they call it...) a PCM? I dont have much done to the truck (gauges, straight exhaust, air filter) and dont plan too, but I do want better fuel economy and a little more power if possible, is this a good option for that?
When accessing our website, in order to see the pricing you must click the options button next to the product you are veiwing to view the different tunes and pricing.

Jody can reflash your computer here. We do go by appointment. I can help you schedule that appointment. Let me know when you would like to stop by. Jody's schedule for the month of October is already filling up and he will be out of town over several weekends, so let me know soon when you are coming.

Thanks,

Diane

Get Tuned! 828-221-0076 ext. 802
Become our Facebook Fan
Old 09-30-2007, 11:06 AM
Futuresweets-10
Elder User
Originally Posted by DP-Tuner
When accessing our website, in order to see the pricing you must click the options button next to the product you are veiwing to view the different tunes and pricing.

Jody can reflash your computer here. We do go by appointment. I can help you schedule that appointment. Let me know when you would like to stop by. Jody's schedule for the month of October is already filling up and he will be out of town over several weekends, so let me know soon when you are coming.

Thanks,

Diane
I will be up in the area the weekend of the 13th. Any day that thursday through that sunday (11-14) will work for me, but I prefer friday or saturday if you guys can do it. thanks, kevin

Old 09-30-2007, 11:16 AM
ron's power stroke
Post Fiend
how is that for service?? take my word for it...you will fall more in love with your truck and have a grin that wont go away when Jody gets done..he can change how the Trans shifts too.. so make sure you tell him what you want your truck to do..he wont let you down..and sorry if i got you in some heat with the wife...

Old 09-30-2007, 01:30 PM
DP-Tuner
PREMIUM SPONSOR
Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by Futuresweets-10
I will be up in the area the weekend of the 13th. Any day that thursday through that sunday (11-14) will work for me, but I prefer friday or saturday if you guys can do it. thanks, kevin
Our children are on Fall break those dates. We will be here on Thursday of that week only. We will be off on Friday and are closed Saturday and Sunday.

Thanks

Diane

Get Tuned! 828-221-0076 ext. 802
Become our Facebook Fan
Old 09-30-2007, 01:53 PM
Futuresweets-10
Elder User
Originally Posted by DP-Tuner
Our children are on Fall break those dates. We will be here on Thursday of that week only. We will be off on Friday and are closed Saturday and Sunday.

Thanks

Diane
Well, I guess I will come up on thursday. About how long does the entire process take? I will call ya guys first thing in the morning to set up an appointment. Thanks

Old 09-30-2007, 02:18 PM
squaredancer
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi Diane ! Just a note to you and anyone else using Firefox browser. The DP tuner web site will not work correctly for you, at least for me. When you click on the 'option' button, you will get the work order form and nothing else. Using IE will get you the prices.

Old 09-30-2007, 06:08 PM
Futuresweets-10
Elder User
Originally Posted by squaredancer
Hi Diane ! Just a note to you and anyone else using Firefox browser. The DP tuner web site will not work correctly for you, at least for me. When you click on the 'option' button, you will get the work order form and nothing else. Using IE will get you the prices.
Ahh, that explains alot.

Old 09-30-2007, 06:19 PM
Futuresweets-10
Elder User
I just used IE to open the price list and look at what they offer and I have a few more questions for the members here. If I tune it to tow will it have negative effects when im not towing and if tune it on the 80 econo will it have negative effects when im towing? A

Old 09-30-2007, 06:24 PM
ron's power stroke
Post Fiend
how much weight and how often?? a pyro and , trans temp .gauge would be a good idea if your going to tow a lot of weight.

Old 09-30-2007, 06:31 PM
Futuresweets-10
Elder User
how much weight and how often?? a pyro and , trans temp .gauge would be a good idea if your going to tow a lot of weight.
I have pyro, trans, and boost already. I tow upto about 12k pounds on occasion, but tow alot more often with alot less weight. (ie, a car on a trailer, a tractor, building materials). If getting it tuned to tow would make normal driving less effeicent (fuel economy and vehicle longevity wise) then it wouldnt be worth it, but the same is true the other way around. I am really really concerned with fuel economy with both towing and not towing, but I would like more power too.