Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Newer Light Duty Trucks > 2007 - 2014 Expedition & Navigator
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?


2007 - 2014 Expedition & Navigator 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013 and 2014 Ford Expedition and Lincoln Navigator

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!





 
Reply
 
 
 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
  #1  
Old 09-30-2007, 02:03 AM
Newton007's Avatar
Newton007 Newton007 is offline
Senior User
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 222
Newton007 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Oh no! It is doing it again

I now have 3500 miles on my 07 and now about 50% of the time the transmission starts out in second gear from a full stop. I had this same problem repaired before at 300 miles and it had been working ok after the repair.
I will monitor the problem and if it don't go away soon, back to the dealer.

Something else It started doing today is from a idle in gear while stopped and just let your foot off the brake, the engine RPM surges several times then cuts back to idle all by it's self for about 20 feet then runs ok. Like a bad float valve in the carb did on my old 65 Mustang GT.
It does this about 25% of the time, while the other 75% of the time it runs fine. I don't know if the two problems are related or not.

The AC has been acting funny at times but I have figured out how to get around it, and at least it has not quit altogether, (Yet) The ac compressor comes on by it's self even when it is below 60 degrees outside with a 72 degree setting and the interior is NOT above 72 so it don't need the compressor on. Why does it do this? Who knows. I know that in some cars the compressor will come on in defrost mode to lower the humidity for better defrost. But I have never used the defrost, plus the humidity here never goes much over 20%. So when this happens I just push the ac off button, then it seems to work ok for a while.
Some times the blower won't cut back at even when raising the setting or will just quit blowing air with out any reason I can see. Pushing the off button then the auto button seems to help get it working right again when this happens.
The AC control module may be getting ready to die.

I am making a list for the dealer.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 10-02-2007, 06:39 PM
berry1234's Avatar
berry1234 berry1234 is offline
Postmaster
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Posts: 4,008
berry1234 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
That stinks. Let us know what happens.
Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007, 06:39 PM
 
 
 
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
AC Problem during acceleration after complete replacement ag-ford-4x4 Cooling, Heating, Ventilation & A/C 16 07-02-2014 09:02 AM
Noisy (not Nosy) AC Compressor erbenson Expedition & Navigator 2 06-15-2010 06:43 PM
defrost air pressure low? Big-Red-Lariat 2004 - 2008 F150 4 10-19-2009 10:28 PM
A/C cycling in cold weather ronnidonni Ranger & B-Series 5 11-28-2007 10:26 PM
AC problem driving me nuts dickdowning Cooling, Heating, Ventilation & A/C 1 11-11-2007 10:58 AM


Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Newer Light Duty Trucks > 2007 - 2014 Expedition & Navigator

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:22 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7 AC1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Advertising - Terms of Use - Privacy Statement - Jobs
This forum is owned and operated by Internet Brands, Inc., a Delaware corporation. It is not authorized or endorsed by the Ford Motor Company and is not affiliated with the Ford Motor Company or its related companies in any way. FordŽ is a registered trademark of the Ford Motor Company.

vbulletin Admin Backup