Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Newer Light Duty Trucks > 2007 - 2014 Expedition & Navigator
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

2007 - 2014 Expedition & Navigator 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013 and 2014 Ford Expedition and Lincoln Navigator

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-30-2007, 02:03 AM
Senior User

Newton007 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Oh no! It is doing it again

I now have 3500 miles on my 07 and now about 50% of the time the transmission starts out in second gear from a full stop. I had this same problem repaired before at 300 miles and it had been working ok after the repair.
I will monitor the problem and if it don't go away soon, back to the dealer.

Something else It started doing today is from a idle in gear while stopped and just let your foot off the brake, the engine RPM surges several times then cuts back to idle all by it's self for about 20 feet then runs ok. Like a bad float valve in the carb did on my old 65 Mustang GT.
It does this about 25% of the time, while the other 75% of the time it runs fine. I don't know if the two problems are related or not.

The AC has been acting funny at times but I have figured out how to get around it, and at least it has not quit altogether, (Yet) The ac compressor comes on by it's self even when it is below 60 degrees outside with a 72 degree setting and the interior is NOT above 72 so it don't need the compressor on. Why does it do this? Who knows. I know that in some cars the compressor will come on in defrost mode to lower the humidity for better defrost. But I have never used the defrost, plus the humidity here never goes much over 20%. So when this happens I just push the ac off button, then it seems to work ok for a while.
Some times the blower won't cut back at even when raising the setting or will just quit blowing air with out any reason I can see. Pushing the off button then the auto button seems to help get it working right again when this happens.
The AC control module may be getting ready to die.

I am making a list for the dealer.
Old 10-02-2007, 06:39 PM
Postmaster

berry1234 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
That stinks. Let us know what happens.
Old 10-02-2007, 06:39 PM