Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Ford Vans and other vehicles > Ranchero & 1961 - 1967 Econoline
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-26-2007, 10:01 PM
New User

Muttley is starting off with a positive reputation.
Wanted: Econoline Pickup

Hey there, new guy here. I've been into cars for as long as I can remember. I recently sold my '39 Ford pickup and '39 Ford Coupe and now I'm looking for an Econoline Pickup. I found a '61 on Craigslist for what I thought was a great deal but it turned out to be a hunk of junk. I sold it off and now I'm looking for something in much nicer condition. I'm only interested in the five window version. No rust buckets or huge projects please. Are there any HAMBers on this board? You can contact me at muttley1939@yahoo.com or 559-299-3127 ask for Mike.

In case you are interested I'll post a couple of pics of my old Pickup and Coupe.

Click the image to open in full size.

Here's the Econoline I had (for about two weeks) it was a major P.O.S.

BTW, I kept the wheels and tires..........they are going on my next Econoline.
Old 09-28-2007, 09:44 PM
Postmaster

66gpw has a good reputation on FTE.66gpw has a good reputation on FTE.
What was wrong with the old Econobox. The body looks great?

78 F250
Old 09-28-2007, 11:11 PM
New User

Muttley is starting off with a positive reputation.
Looks can be deceiving. The nose had some lousy repair work done to it and it looked like it had been hit hard on the passenger side at one time.......there was a door gap wide enough to stick your thumb in in one spot and it hit the body in others. The tailgate was a mess and plumbing pipe replaced the original hinges. It was a $1,500 truck so I didnt see the point in sinking a bunch of cash into it. I sold it to a guy in NH..........back there it would probably be considered cherry.
Old 09-29-2007, 12:32 AM
Postmaster

66gpw has a good reputation on FTE.66gpw has a good reputation on FTE.
I see. I got a van here that sat for 20 years in a feild. It looked great. Minimal rust and the spots that rust were not rusted.
Problem was after I got it home and cleaned all the debris that was inside did the story really ome out.
Someone cut the floor to put a V8 in and in doing so also cut and removed some crossmembers for the frame. Then I got a better look at the damge at the front. From outside looks like not much. Well what I found was the frame moved back about 2 inches from the van hitting a ditch. The floor on the passenger side had gone up. The door rubs on the top of wheel well and the Bpillar.
So right now it is being used to store tires in it til later when I will then Canabalise it for parts and sheet metal for my plan restoration and project.
If it was't for the twisted frame it would of been an easy restore for the little rust it had.

78 F250
Old 09-29-2007, 12:32 AM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Ford Vans and other vehicles > Ranchero & 1961 - 1967 Econoline

Tags
1961, club, craiglist, craigslist, craigslisteconoline, craigslistorg, econoline, ford, pick, pickup, pickupcraigslist, pu, site, tailgate, truck