New Hampshire Chapter Join Chapter Leader: 7283-F250

Any Campers out there in New England

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2008, 07:07 AM
jchall
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I just bought a truck camper/slide-in for my F250 last fall and have only "camped" in my driveway so far, hunting season then snow and cold has prevented any real camping. A couple of areas in my neck of what's left of the woods is Burlingame State Park in Charlestown, RI, it's pretty close to the RI beaches and other points of interest in southern RI. There is also a campground called natures campsites in Voluntown, CT that I have tented at.

A real fun time is at the Rhythm & Roots Festival that is held Labor Day weekend at Ninigret Park in Charlestown, RI. They normally don't have camping, but do allow it for the 3 day cajun & zydeco music and food fesstival. If you haven't heard of it check out: www.rhythmandroots.com. If you are think about attending make sure you bring your dancing shoes because it's pretty hard to keep your feet still at this event.

Old 01-07-2008, 07:51 AM
sglaine
Posting Legend
Originally Posted by jchall
I just bought a truck camper/slide-in for my F250 last fall and have only "camped" in my driveway so far, hunting season then snow and cold has prevented any real camping. A couple of areas in my neck of what's left of the woods is Burlingame State Park in Charlestown, RI, it's pretty close to the RI beaches and other points of interest in southern RI. There is also a campground called natures campsites in Voluntown, CT that I have tented at.

A real fun time is at the Rhythm & Roots Festival that is held Labor Day weekend at Ninigret Park in Charlestown, RI. They normally don't have camping, but do allow it for the 3 day cajun & zydeco music and food fesstival. If you haven't heard of it check out: www.rhythmandroots.com. If you are think about attending make sure you bring your dancing shoes because it's pretty hard to keep your feet still at this event.

jchall welcome to FTE and New England chapter and you are more then welcome to join our chapter and all ways looking for new members..Click on the link in my sig...Have a great day

Old 01-08-2008, 08:29 PM
hdfxrusa
Senior User
Originally Posted by shortbed7.3
in mass, normandy farms!!!! woodalls rated #1on the east coast 2005-06-07

Best camping I ever did!! In CT there are over 20 near the ct coast,but up in the northwest corner of ct,on the mass,ct,ny line, lone oak campground.very nice with an adult lounge-bar. about 15 min from great barrington,in ct.
I second these campgrounds.
Lone Oaks is is very nice as mentioned it also has Twin Lakes about 2 miles North of the campground with a boat launch and boat rentals.
Normandy Farms is by far the best campground I have been to in the Northeast.
It is spacious and all there sites are pull through campsites. They also have a whole section for tenters. I believe they have 4 pools, 3 outside and 1 inside.
They also have a frisbee golf course. Lots of things to do there.