Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Misc. > Air Intakes, Air Filters & Ram Air
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-20-2007, 07:19 PM
Government Teat-sucker

stu37d has a superb reputationstu37d has a superb reputationstu37d has a superb reputationstu37d has a superb reputationstu37d has a superb reputationstu37d has a superb reputationstu37d has a superb reputationstu37d has a superb reputationstu37d has a superb reputationstu37d has a superb reputationstu37d has a superb reputation
Just put a cold air intake on

.... the Mustang last night. It was my first one, and went on pretty easy (with the help of three extra pairs of hands). However, when we were done the check engine light came on. I figured that was normal since we changed what the computer senses, but is there a way to get it to go out? Surely I don't have to live with the light on all the time??? Thanks for the help.
Jesus could come down from a cloud, turn the Washington Monument reflecting pool into wine, present a Lois Lerner email on carved into a stone tablet specifically naming Obama as directing targeted audits, and Elijah Cummings would still call it a witch hunt.
Old 09-20-2007, 10:54 PM
Posting Guru

DeckedoutF150 is starting off with a positive reputation.
take the battery cables off for about 10 to 15 min and then reconnect theam and it will turn the light off. but usually it dont come one after the install unless something is put in wrong. i have installed a couple and i am natorious for putting the MAF in backwards, then the light comes on and i know exactly what it is. check back over and make sure everything is installed the right way and that everything is pluged in.
Old 09-22-2007, 11:41 AM
Hi!

DemonRace6 has a very good reputation on FTE.DemonRace6 has a very good reputation on FTE.DemonRace6 has a very good reputation on FTE.DemonRace6 has a very good reputation on FTE.
Cant you jump out the air intake sensor (IAT??) very easily? Might be worng but I think remember a friend saying he did that because of the same problem.
Old 09-22-2007, 04:25 PM
Government Teat-sucker

stu37d has a superb reputationstu37d has a superb reputationstu37d has a superb reputationstu37d has a superb reputationstu37d has a superb reputationstu37d has a superb reputationstu37d has a superb reputationstu37d has a superb reputationstu37d has a superb reputationstu37d has a superb reputationstu37d has a superb reputation
Actually, ince the car was shut off overnight, the light didn't come back on. That raises questions of its own. (But I'll address those later)

Thanks for the help.
Jesus could come down from a cloud, turn the Washington Monument reflecting pool into wine, present a Lois Lerner email on carved into a stone tablet specifically naming Obama as directing targeted audits, and Elijah Cummings would still call it a witch hunt.
Old 09-22-2007, 05:49 PM
Hi!

DemonRace6 has a very good reputation on FTE.DemonRace6 has a very good reputation on FTE.DemonRace6 has a very good reputation on FTE.DemonRace6 has a very good reputation on FTE.
thats weird, but good!
Old 09-23-2007, 12:31 AM
Posting Guru

DeckedoutF150 is starting off with a positive reputation.
well the last intake i put on was a K&N and i forgot to plug in the wire to the MAF. eventually after the ECU read and discovered it was plugged up, it turned the light off on its own.
Old 09-25-2007, 03:58 PM
Junior User

v10lampert is starting off with a positive reputation.
that or the o2 sensor is not getting a good reading
Old 10-02-2007, 11:39 AM
Post Fiend

wendell borror has a great reputation on FTE.wendell borror has a great reputation on FTE.wendell borror has a great reputation on FTE.wendell borror has a great reputation on FTE.
The 05 and up mustang gt's need a tune along with most cai. A lot of compaies are selling the programer right a long with the cai, like bama chips. The upside to this combo is a 30-36 hp increase. I don't know if the computer is as sensitive on the older stangs, but is on the new ones.

2008 mercury mariner 4x4 V-6, automatic.

1987 jeep wrangler, 258, 5-speed
Old 10-02-2007, 11:39 AM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Misc. > Air Intakes, Air Filters & Ram Air

Tags
air, cold, ford, intake, put, truck