6.4L Power Stroke Diesel Engine fitted to 2008 - 2010 F250, F350 and F450 pickup trucks and F350 + Cab Chassis

Gauge Idea

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2007, 02:02 PM
Buckarcher
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Gauge Idea

Ok so I'm betting somebody already thought of it, but I have yet to see it.

Someone should make temp sensors etc that plug into a harness and add a reading screen to the dash computer so that as you flip through mileage, trip odometer etc you will also come across a screen with whatever reading you wish to monitor.

I know you wouldn't be able to see them all at the same time, but some of us would just like to have the information and don't want a bunch of extra gauge bodies messing with the continuity of the interior looks of the truck.

Or maybe a digital readout that can be mounted in the dash that would read them all at once on the same screen maybe replacing the ash tray or something. I bet that one is already done.

Anyone know of such a thing already?

Last edited by Buckarcher; 09-19-2007 at 02:05 PM.
Old 09-19-2007, 07:05 PM
boggerted
Posting Guru
Ive seen clusters that mount in the glovebox and tilt towards the driver for easy viewing.

Old 09-19-2007, 09:01 PM
scafes
Senior User
Both ScanGauge and Aeroforce Technologies make such a gauge, at least if I understand you correctly. Google them. Aero Tech is coming out with more all the time. Thier gauge is more capable then the Scan Gauge model because it reads more info.

Hope this helps.

Old 09-19-2007, 10:24 PM
Buckarcher
Posting Guru
That Aerotech seems like just the thing. So far the best I've seen.

Old 09-20-2007, 08:24 PM
mattebury
Senior User
Originally Posted by scafes
Both ScanGauge and Aeroforce Technologies make such a gauge, at least if I understand you correctly. Google them. Aero Tech is coming out with more all the time. Thier gauge is more capable then the Scan Gauge model because it reads more info.

Hope this helps.
But no application for a superduty on the Aeroforce, only the F150.

The ScanGauge looks like it'll work on the '08

Old 09-21-2007, 07:59 PM
scafes
Senior User
I had sent them an email about applications because thier guide is a little hard to understand (lists a F150 with a diesel?). They say that they should have a diesel model out in a few weeks. This probably means that it could be a few months. For me, its worth waiting for. Though I wouldn't mind having a four gauge cluster, the cost and time are not worth it to me. I don't have and will never have any substantial modifications that would make needing closer scrutinty of operating parameters necessary. Trans temp is the only thing I really want to have, then again a voltmeter would be nice too.