Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Misc. > Air Intakes, Air Filters & Ram Air
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-18-2007, 10:58 PM
Posting Guru

FordF350Baby is starting off with a positive reputation.
2000 Windstar Cold Air Intake

Hey guys, is there a way to use the Mustang Cold Air Intake and fabricate it onto a 3.8 v6 windstar. Same engine, but will it fit the same? This is what I have done in the mean time, which hasnt seemed to make any effects that I have noticed in the past with cold air intakes, but we sort of just fabbed a drop in cone filter onto the end of the filter box, check it out....The van stocks comes equiped with a fender well intake, which is pretty sweet i suppose, but would utilizing it make much a differnce? or will this set up basically give us the same type of flow we would see with an actual set up designed for the vehicle. I guess what were after is that distinct noise a cold air intake is so famous for making, that loud humming noise is what were after, and this set up aint doing it.

Click the image to open in full size.
95 F350 w460 Big Block:E4OD transmission,K&N Intake,Performance Camshaft, Ceramic Coated Doug Thorley Tri-Y headers, 2 1/2" true dual exhaust w/ Cherry Bomb Extreme's & gutted cats,22" x 4" SS tips. Limo tint,black paintjob, rollpan, smoked lenses and LED's all around, HID's, American racing rims with Pirelli Scorpion ATR tires. 0-60 6 seconds.

Last edited by FordF350Baby; 09-18-2007 at 11:01 PM.
Old 09-18-2007, 10:58 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Misc. > Air Intakes, Air Filters & Ram Air

Tags
2000, air, cold, ford, intake, ram, v6, windstar