Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Newer Light Duty Trucks > 2007+ Expedition & Navigator
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

2007+ Expedition & Navigator 2007, 2008, 2009 and 2010 Ford Expedition and Lincoln Navigator

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-16-2007, 12:35 PM
Junior User

Wildcat_1 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Recs On Tires Please

All

I live on Colorado and so we do see a fair amount of snow in the winter. Rather than having to just buy a snow set (which if it comes down to it I'm happy to do) I am looking for a good regular driver with good snow and ice traction. Here are a few I pulled up and was wondering if everyone could let me know their thoughts or recommendations on this. I'm running the standard 17's right now.

Thanks

WC

Nitto Terra Grappler AT
Yokohama Geolander HT-s
Pirelli Scorpion ATR
Bridgestone Dueler AT 693
Michelin LTX/M+S
Goodyear Fortera Tripletread
BF Goodrich All Terrain T/A KO's
Old 09-16-2007, 02:21 PM
Senior User

Newton007 is starting off with a positive reputation.
I had a set of Big O studded snow tires on my 94 Bronco and they worked very well in the snow. Plus they were some what quiet and very smooth riding in dry weather on the highway which is unusual for a snow tire.
Of course you don't get a lot of miles out of them as you would with a regular tire, but the trade off was worth it when going over the pass in a snow storm.
Now on this 07 Expedition I am using the stock unstudded factory tires, so I guess I will just have to see what happens in the snow.
Old 09-16-2007, 08:00 PM
Senior User

n2umr is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.n2umr is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
I would go with Copper Discoverer ATR.

Mark
Old 09-17-2007, 12:30 PM
Senior User

carbonmetallic is starting off with a positive reputation.
I would go for the Nitto Terra Grapplers, they have performed very well for me. The only drawback is that they probably will only get 35K - 40K, but they are also alot less costly up front than their competition.

As far as performance, they stick to pavement, dirt, mud(being realistic for an all terrain, not mud terrain tire), grass etc. I have yet to slide anywhere with these tires.
Old 09-17-2007, 02:46 PM
Senior User

Garyl53 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Hi,
Just got a pair of Michelin AT2s (new from Michelin this year). Very aggressive tread for Colorado and the noise level is pretty low. I had Goodyear Fortera Silent Armor which were very quiet, reasonable traction but wear was terrible. Worn out in 24K miles. I expect the AT2s to wear longer due to the tread depth.
Gary

03 Expedition 5.4L XLT 3.73
Old 09-17-2007, 11:36 PM
Senior User

BEWOLD is starting off with a positive reputation.
Running BFG TA KO 18s on 05 screw. Really like them for year round but would like them to last longer. We run a fair amount of gravel. They perform well in Ice and snow. Wife loves them.
Old 09-20-2007, 08:04 PM
Elder User

montecarlo31 is starting off with a positive reputation.
What about the Wrangler AT/S or Wrangler Silent Armor? I had AT/S and loved them, load range C which was all I needed and they lasted me 80K miles on my F-150 SuperCrew. Not bad for a factory tire.
Old 09-20-2007, 08:04 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Newer Light Duty Trucks > 2007+ Expedition & Navigator