Pennsylvania Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: liftnw8z

Power window problem...need some advice.

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2007, 05:36 AM
oldfart
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Power window problem...need some advice.

Folks I posted this problem in the Home page but thought to post it here as well. My problem is the drivers side power window has been acting balky of late and then yesterday it went all the way down and won't go back up! Arrrghhh! No blown fuses and the motor does, on occassion, make some whiney noises..but no lift. I assume the door panel has to come off. How do I do it without damaging anything. (like the little plastic buttons that hold it in place) Any special tools? Any tips or advice would be welcome. I have about 5 free hours next Tue. to effect some repair or at least block the window in the upright position until I have more time to repair it correctly. Meanwhile I'm praying for no rain!! Thanks to all in advance. YMHS.Audie..the oldfart!!

Old 09-16-2007, 09:15 AM
lostin90s
Postmaster
Hey ..Sound like the gears may be stripped. (Should be in help isle of parts store. ) Remove all screws around and you can get tool to pop .Remove screw at window switch . I just start at bottom and pull work my way up and down till comes loose. Same for back . Open vent window pick up on pannel come forward to clear door Handle . Take time and buy new pugs at local parts house. You may take off fine but you don't want rattle later. Have a good day. With any luck you might just need to clean things up .

Old 09-16-2007, 10:51 AM
ranger1999 Bob
Posting Guru
i dont know what year your truck is but if its like my old one the door panels are plastic and they wont break the little plastic holdrs are cheap and replaceable and can be found in the motormite/help section of the auto parts store.. I usually pry them up one at a time gently . the first riveet i get is the one in the lower corner then i stuck my hands under there and pull each oen gently ( 89 F 250) this is after i take out the phillips screws that hold the other things in and i unbolt the hex screw on the window crank ( you wont have that with power windows) Its not hard at all to do