Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Mid-West Region > Minnesota Chapter
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Minnesota Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: fordpower88

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-14-2007, 04:12 PM
Elder User

ChurchTurtle is starting off with a positive reputation.
Feasting on Asphalt

Did anyone see the end of this short series on the Food network?

Alton Brown, host of Good Eats and MC of Iron Chef America, took a crew, and several other fellows on motorcycles up the Mississippi starting at the Gulf and ending at the head waters. Premise was that they would travel 2-lane highways as much as possible, follow the river, eat at only non-chain restaurants and the best of these would be featured on the program.

Anyway, in the Cities they hit Mickey's Diner, a Russian Tea House, a caterer that features authentic Norweagan smorgasboards, a coffee house of some kind that had motorcycle memorabelia in it and a tattoo parlor upstairs, and a place that prepares lutefisk. I was only familiar with Mickey's, we used to hit it on Friday and/or Saturday nights for late night hash browns and coffee. That was 20 years ago.

So, did anyone see this? Does anyone care? Just wondered.
Old 09-14-2007, 05:54 PM

Ford79 is a splendid one to beholdFord79 is a splendid one to beholdFord79 is a splendid one to beholdFord79 is a splendid one to beholdFord79 is a splendid one to beholdFord79 is a splendid one to beholdFord79 is a splendid one to behold
I missed that episode. I've never been to Mickey's myself.

Roadside Help Network
Old 09-19-2007, 04:59 AM
Senior User

Move over I'm coming is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Mickey's isn't cheap but you won't go away hungry.

aaaaaah Mickey's, one of the few places where you can order a side of baked beans with your scrambled eggs at 0300.
I heard about the episode but don't watch much tv during nice weather.
My wife & I used to go there before we went steady. Almost 30Yrs. ago.
Rich.
Old 09-19-2007, 01:07 PM
Elder User

brucewolff is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChurchTurtle
Did anyone see the end of this short series on the Food network?

Alton Brown, host of Good Eats and MC of Iron Chef America, took a crew, and several other fellows on motorcycles up the Mississippi starting at the Gulf and ending at the head waters. Premise was that they would travel 2-lane highways as much as possible, follow the river, eat at only non-chain restaurants and the best of these would be featured on the program.

Anyway, in the Cities they hit Mickey's Diner, a Russian Tea House, a caterer that features authentic Norweagan smorgasboards, a coffee house of some kind that had motorcycle memorabelia in it and a tattoo parlor upstairs, and a place that prepares lutefisk. I was only familiar with Mickey's, we used to hit it on Friday and/or Saturday nights for late night hash browns and coffee. That was 20 years ago.

So, did anyone see this? Does anyone care? Just wondered.
Nope! Nope!
Old 10-11-2007, 09:57 AM
Posting Guru

Buckarcher is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.Buckarcher is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
I saw all the first 3 episodes and missed the one when they got here. Gonna have to look for a rerun.
That show almost has my wife ready for a motorcycle of her own!

Quote:
Originally Posted by thorseshoeing
I've got a set of hand cuffs, ...and try as I might, I could not choke myself.
'Damn it, Otto, you're an alcoholic.' 'Damn it, Otto, you have lupus.' One of those two doesn't sound right.
Old 11-03-2007, 08:01 PM
Senior User

stresssolutions is starting off with a positive reputation.
I saw it. They also stopped in Frontenac, between Red Wing and Lake City. We've eaten at Mickey's, my wife had the omelet, which is scary with all that butter. I bet Paula Deen would approve!

Going to pick up a motorcycle in Jackson tomorrow!
Old 11-03-2007, 08:01 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Mid-West Region > Minnesota Chapter