1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

It's only Rock and Roll.

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2007, 10:23 AM
imlowr2
Postmaster
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
It's only Rock and Roll.

In the past few weeks we've got to know each other better. While working on your beloved truck or even crusin around, what is your favorite music to listen to?

I love oldies, 70's rock and some heavy metal (metallica)
My favorites to listen to is ZZ Topp, and Led Zeppelin.
NO RAP OR HIP HOP HERE!

Old 09-13-2007, 10:27 AM
doug51f1
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Currently in my CD player, John Lee Hooker. Up until the other day I had Hank Williams III in heavy rotation. For the ride home today......maybe some Floggin Molly. I'm a musician so there's no telling what might pop up. Love Rock and Roll, Rockabilly, punk, 80's "college radio" type of stuff. Ususally something that's just off the radar.

Old 09-13-2007, 10:28 AM
RUSTY50F1
Posting Guru
I listen to 50's and 60's oldies.(not country)

Old 09-13-2007, 10:41 AM
Randy Jack
Postmaster

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
When I'm cruising in my family car, it's 70's Rock and Roll or smooth jazz for me.

The radio in my truck was worthless, since the truck had no insulation and the sound from the pipes would pretty much dround out the radio. Sweeet!

Old 09-13-2007, 10:56 AM
bobbytnm
Roast em' if you got 'em
Received 3,841 Likes on 1,840 Posts
I have a very eclectic taste in music. I pretty much love it all with the exception of rap and what passes for country music now-a-days. Basically I'm not a big fan of top 40 crap.
I was raised listening to old western and country music, Elton Britt, Jimmie Rodgers, Hank Snow, Marty Robbins, Jim Reeves, Tompal Glaser, Hoyt Axton, Johnny Horton, Don Gibson, etc. I'm also a huge fan of oldies and think I own everything that Buddy Holly ever made, Del Shannon, Chuck Berry, etc. I can't tell you how many times I've bought the soundtrack to "American Grafitti" (I've worn out several albums and cassettes)
Classic rock and southern rock and the blues are always welcome as well, the Allman Brothers, Marshall Tucker Band, Molly Hatchett, The Outlaws, Charlie Daniels, George Thorogood, Rossington Collins Band, Keb Mo, Robert Cray, Led Zepelin, early REO Speedwagon (before they went to wuss rock) Journey (before they went to wuss rock), Rush, Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, Triumph..............the list goes on. Just don't try to feed me rap, or top 40 BS

I don't know about the rest of the country but there isn't a decent radio station in this part of the world. ClearChannel Communications pretty much controls the airwaves and they suck! I'm tired of hearing the same 5 songs every hour!!!!

..........ok, ok.....I'll settle down and crawl back into my little hidey-hole. Thank goodness for CD's and MP3 players!!!

Bobby

Old 09-13-2007, 11:12 AM
49fordpickumup
Elder User
Sounds

Amen Bobby. The only other to ad, I also enjoy the big band sounds of the 40's and some slow jazz music featuring the Sax. Hate rap, crap and the stupid pants they wear. Looks like sh$#%#. Sorry, I'm losing it, steady old man. Have a great day,chuck

Old 09-13-2007, 11:23 AM
sandhillmike
Senior User
Blues and 70's rock for me. I love satelite radio, great selection of tunes to augment my CDs

Old 09-13-2007, 11:26 AM
bobbytnm
Roast em' if you got 'em
Received 3,841 Likes on 1,840 Posts
Chuck,

I hear ya! I forgot to mention the big band stuff. I also like classical, not a big fan of opera stuff.....I don't need people singing along to my classical music.

There's some great music out there in this world, its a shame that none of it ever makes it out on the airwaves
Bobby

Old 09-13-2007, 11:33 AM
AXracer
Hotshot
Received 53 Likes on 34 Posts
I seldom listen to music these days, I prefer to carry on a conversation with my wife or think in silence. On trips I like to listen to audio books. When I do turn on the radio it's usually to an "oldies" station with 50s to 80s hard rock. I really dislike most country (except some of the crossover artists with a good voice, Johnnie Cash, Willie Nelson, Linda Ronstad) and hip hop, rap (except Kid Rock and Eminem) and some of the current stuff with the "singer" screaming unintelligable lyrics.
I also like heavy metal head bangers from Iron Maiden thru Metallica, 60s folk, and car songs.

Old 09-13-2007, 11:42 AM
GreatNorthWoods
Lead Driver
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
I listen to modern country most often but I also listen to a local oldies station (50s and 60s music), and to classical music on PBS radio. Some of my favorite modern country singers are Alan Jackson, George Strait, and Shania Twain. I also like the old country singers like Earnest Tubb, Hank Snow, George Jones, and Jim Reeves. I even like to hear an old Bing Crosby or Frank Sinatra tune once in awhile...

Old 09-13-2007, 11:49 AM
Mr Mayo
Bring out the best!
It's Country Music for me, pretty much all the time. If it's in the car, I'll slip in some Classic Rock CD's once in a while too.

Blaine

Old 09-13-2007, 12:02 PM
55 f350
Post Fiend
in the work truck it's metal or my beloved rammstein , but as long as it ain't "popular" crap it's liable to be playing . im a big blues fan but most of my stuff is on vinyl or tape and everything is a cd player now . as far as in ol' bessie its a really sweet tune all the time , 239 cubic inches of henry's flathead v-8 through the pipes dude . nothing is better !!!!! p.s. i'm also a huge fan of classical so every once in a while the thumpin you hear might just be mozart , or paginini in full blown orchestral movement !!

Old 09-13-2007, 12:14 PM
Showpanther
Senior User
Flowmaster!!!!!! Now thats music.

Old 09-13-2007, 12:24 PM
Jag Red 54
Logistics Pro
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My favorites in order:

Cherry Poppin' Daddies
Blues Brothers
Cindy Lauper
Chicago
Devo
CCR

Jag

Old 09-13-2007, 12:37 PM
Truxx1956
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by bobbytnm
I have a very eclectic taste in music. I pretty much love it all with the exception of rap and what passes for country music now-a-days. Basically I'm not a big fan of top 40 crap.
I was raised listening to old western and country music, Elton Britt, Jimmie Rodgers, Hank Snow, Marty Robbins, Jim Reeves, Tompal Glaser, Hoyt Axton, Johnny Horton, Don Gibson, etc. I'm also a huge fan of oldies and think I own everything that Buddy Holly ever made, Del Shannon, Chuck Berry, etc. I can't tell you how many times I've bought the soundtrack to "American Grafitti" (I've worn out several albums and cassettes)
Classic rock and southern rock and the blues are always welcome as well, the Allman Brothers, Marshall Tucker Band, Molly Hatchett, The Outlaws, Charlie Daniels, George Thorogood, Rossington Collins Band, Keb Mo, Robert Cray, Led Zepelin, early REO Speedwagon (before they went to wuss rock) Journey (before they went to wuss rock), Rush, Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, Triumph..............the list goes on. Just don't try to feed me rap, or top 40 BS

I don't know about the rest of the country but there isn't a decent radio station in this part of the world. ClearChannel Communications pretty much controls the airwaves and they suck! I'm tired of hearing the same 5 songs every hour!!!!

..........ok, ok.....I'll settle down and crawl back into my little hidey-hole. Thank goodness for CD's and MP3 players!!!

Bobby
Hey Bobby, you and I would get along!!! My truck got her name from the old Buddy Holly song Pegy Sue, thus "PEGYSU" I love music, and in my garage, I play it loud!! I live out in the country, so I can do it with no one complaining! My favorite old country singer is Gene Watson, I've met him 3 times He was a body man before he made it in the music business, and loves working on old trucks when he's home ( I just hope they're Fords)
Later dudes

Quick Reply: It's only Rock and Roll.