2004 - 2008 F150 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007 and 2008 Ford F150's with 5.4 V8, 4.6 V8 engine
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Whats the noise in the dash...

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2008, 10:49 AM
kenwowski
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
we must be talking about two different noises but I am happy you got it resolved

Old 05-22-2008, 11:23 PM
bassaway
Senior User
Kenwowski, I had the exact same issue and I believe if you read earlier in the thread you will see a few of my posts. One of the posters on this thread has given the part# for a blend door actuator which was his problem. I made note of it and took my truck to the dealer. They never could tell me what it was and then told me it was normal. I then told them to look at the blend door actuator and even gave them the part#. I told them I heard someone online who was having a similar noise and that this specific part was the culprit. They decided to change the part out to shut me up and sure enough...no more noise! Been going 4 months now and not even a peep.

Old 05-23-2008, 06:47 AM
SDTruckMan
Laughing Gas
Originally Posted by bassaway
Kenwowski, I had the exact same issue and I believe if you read earlier in the thread you will see a few of my posts. One of the posters on this thread has given the part# for a blend door actuator which was his problem. I made note of it and took my truck to the dealer. They never could tell me what it was and then told me it was normal. I then told them to look at the blend door actuator and even gave them the part#. I told them I heard someone online who was having a similar noise and that this specific part was the culprit. They decided to change the part out to shut me up and sure enough...no more noise! Been going 4 months now and not even a peep.

Think thats the same part I had replaced.. Looking at my repair paperwork it says.
Replace temperature door actuator- retest - ok
Motor A - 4L3Z-19E616-BA

However, I dont know if Kenwowski is having the same issue, like I said my ATC couldnt hold and maintain a temperature in the truck. When they replaced the actuator, noise was gone as was the temperature problem. But from what Kenwowski has posted he doesnt appear to be having trouble with the ATC holding/maintaining the temp.
Maybe that it just hasnt gotten that bad yet, or maybe we are talking about two different things.

Old 05-23-2008, 09:11 AM
kenwowski
Senior User
Thanks for the replies guys

For now, the truck is perfect but I least I know what the culprit may be if something happens in the future

Old 10-23-2008, 09:07 PM
SDTruckMan
Laughing Gas
Well hate to bring up an old post but im having this issue again. Already called dealership and have a appointment next week for them to check into it again. Cant believe that the part has gone bad already. Its been like 7 months since ive gotten this fixed.
I really like my truck, but it has visited the dealership more times for warranty work in the past 1 1/2 years that ive owned it, then my dodge did in the 9 yrs that I owned it.

At this point im already wondering if im going to dump it when the warranty is over or if im going to splurge for the extended warranty. I think I read a post somewhere, where someone had a issue like this with their 04 and it was going to cost them $700 to have it fixed cause they have to tear the dash apart to replace the part.

Old 10-23-2008, 09:17 PM
kenwowski
Senior User
glad you brought this back up

I still have this issue but I never got it fixed
the occasional clicking/computer boot up noise is annoying but it has not caused any trouble with my climate control

Please let me know what happens...why does this part keep going bad for you

Is there only one actuator back there?

Old 10-25-2008, 09:11 AM
SDTruckMan
Laughing Gas
Originally Posted by kenwowski
I still have this issue but I never got it fixed
the occasional clicking/computer boot up noise is annoying but it has not caused any trouble with my climate control

Please let me know what happens...why does this part keep going bad for you
Is there only one actuator back there?
Dont really know what to tell you about your noise, unless your climate control is blowing hotter or colder air than what you have selected then I really dont know what to tell you.
For example on the way to lunch the other day I had it set on 69 and it just kept blowing hot air, like 85 degree hot air that wouldnt stop.
So lunch is over and we head back to work and on the way back it blows cold air, like air conditioner cold, and doesnt stop.
You constantly have to play with the temp control to get a even temp.

Last night I noticed when I got in the truck the "auto" light was on. It wasnt all that cold out 55 maybe. So I drove about 5 miles and the fan is run on high at about the end of my destination I found it odd that the fan was still running on high. So I pressed the "auto" button and the light stayed on but the fans speed reduced to low.

Old 11-02-2008, 07:26 PM
SDTruckMan
Laughing Gas
Update...

Dealer didnt fix as they found a SSM in regards to the issue which told them not to fix yet.
Engineers are working on a new blend door actuator for the solution and that the fix should be out in mid-nov.

Old 11-03-2008, 09:19 PM
cullenkyla
Tuned
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Well I have to ask do we know what is making the noise. and did we fix it? I have the same problem setting still foot on the brake only when its cool outside,take off from a dead stop then it quits.

Old 11-03-2008, 11:23 PM
Tylus
MMNC (SS)(Ret)

Received 30 Likes on 22 Posts
what exactly does this sound like?

I've got a whirring noise that has popped up lately. can't hear it when the radio is turned up, but it's downright annoying to me.

best I can explain...it sounds like an old vinyl record player. you know that whirring noise they make as they spin the record?

Old 11-04-2008, 01:25 AM
4scottdcham
New User
they sell a tool called vac lift after draining collant hook tool to fill neck and hook up shop air 90 to 125 psi and pulles coling system to vac 8 to 12" of vac then open fill valve and colling system sucks collant in and prolbem solved

Old 11-04-2008, 09:20 PM
kenwowski
Senior User
I believe we are all talking about the same noise

my truck continues to make the clicking noise and it is really getting annoying

please let me know when that new blend door actuator is out

so far the noise has not effected my automatic climate control

Old 11-05-2008, 08:25 PM
SDTruckMan
Laughing Gas
Originally Posted by tylus
what exactly does this sound like?

I've got a whirring noise that has popped up lately. can't hear it when the radio is turned up, but it's downright annoying to me.

best I can explain...it sounds like an old vinyl record player. you know that whirring noise they make as they spin the record?

My best answer for what it sounds like is a coffee machine brewing coffee (perculating sound)

Originally Posted by kenwowski
I believe we are all talking about the same noise

my truck continues to make the clicking noise and it is really getting annoying

please let me know when that new blend door actuator is out

so far the noise has not effected my automatic climate control
Im not sure if we are talking of the same noise as my noise is directly related to the EATC not working properly.

SSM number is 20480
effective as of 10/10/08
2006 -2008 f150/mark lt/

Old 11-05-2008, 08:27 PM
wreedZ71
More Turbo
what is the SSM number? What parts has been updated? How do I get it?

Old 11-05-2008, 08:49 PM
SDTruckMan
Laughing Gas
Originally Posted by wreedZ71
what is the SSM number? What parts has been updated? How do I get it?

SSM number is 20480
effective as of 10/10/08
2006 -2008 f150/mark lt/

blend door actuator---Engineers are working on a fix due out Mid-November, hopefully in the year 2008 and not 2009.
So cant get it yet.

Quick Reply: Whats the noise in the dash...