General NON-Automotive Conversation No Political, Sexual or Religious topics please.

Remembering Today

Old 09-11-2007, 01:06 AM
fbodyfan
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Remembering Today

Take a moment out of your day today to remember the innocent who died, the brave who fought back, their families, and the soldiers overseas. Remember where you were, how you felt, and what you thought.

Lest we forget

Old 09-11-2007, 03:36 AM
GrayRanger4x4
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Now they see this for what they did.

I will never forget. See my signature.

Old 09-11-2007, 06:04 AM
lenny1carl
Post Fiend
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
not a day goes by that i don't think of that day a get a little pissed. but on the anniversaries i'm pissed all day.God bless the lost and the families left behind.

Old 09-11-2007, 09:09 AM
350steve
Post Fiend
God bless the lost and their families.At home and overseas

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Old 09-11-2007, 09:43 AM
lenny1carl
Post Fiend
kudos to MSNBC for showing the Today Show coverage form that horrible day in "real time". the only network doing so.

Old 09-11-2007, 10:40 AM
Gorilla1
Senior User
I'm sitting here in school in between classes right now. 6 years ago I was sittin on my couch, getting ready to head in to work at Holloman Air Force Base here in southern New Mexico. I had one boot on, and the other about half way. I was watching the news and saw the first tower burning wondering like most what in the heck was going on. When I saw the second plane going towards the tower I thought to myself "what in the world is this guy doing?" Not realizing at the time that it was a terrorist attack. Figured it out pretty quick afterwards.

Headed in to work once I finished getting the uniform on and off to a meeting first thing. Life changed for all if us that morning. Really hit hard one day when the Commander and I were in his office watching the news. They were showing the names of the victims from the Pentagon. A bunch of folks deployed right away of course and I went with my unit in Nov of '02. During the time we were gone, the U.S. went in to Iraq.

We were in Kyrgyzstan for 6 months with a bunch of coalition partners in the fight against the Taliban which continues to this day. Say what you will about the war. I believe it is necessary to stay engaged and keep them sons a biscuits out of my back yard.

Keep the kids over there in your prayers. They need them...

Rich

Old 09-11-2007, 12:39 PM
dumptech
Elder User
My flag is flying proudly since sunrise.

Old 09-11-2007, 01:18 PM
Old Rust Bucket
Elder User
The sheep have spoken....

Perhaps I should elaborate?

- FTE Staff Note: No, perhaps you shouldn't. Don't turn a memorial into politics please.

<!-- Why do you suppose that Bin Laden attacked us on 9/11? To disrupt our way of life. By allowing ourselves to become 'pissed off all day" as one poster said we have allowed him to win. He has succeeded. The US now has some very strict limitations on freedom (one was recently struck down, thankfully) He has already one. Many think his attempt was destroy America. But I ask. But he did not have to destroy the US govt. All he had to do was destroy the principles on which it was built. You can all go around saying we beat him and how we are the still free. But your the one who's blind for not seeing how much we realy lost on that day. I'll give some example of just what Bin Laden did.

Everytime I go to the public library the books I check out are recorded by the US govt.

I can be arrested for not carrying a form of ID on me at all times.

My home and place of business can be searched without a warrant. -->

Last edited by FTE Ken; 09-11-2007 at 01:40 PM.
Old 09-11-2007, 01:47 PM
lenny1carl
Post Fiend
Old Rust.... i'm pissed off all day on these anniversaries because we had several chances to turn this piece of crap into dried camel turds and blew it. that cave dweller will never beat me. he hides in caves now due to the pressure brought to bear by our military. that makes me proud as hell.
my pissyness is due to our screw ups over a decade.

FTE Staff note: You too. Please no politics outside of the Club FTE section.

<!--
Bush and Clinton. the govt's primary purpose is to protect it's citizens(read taxpayers).
your home or business will not be searched without a warrant unless you or your business may be cavorting with known terrorist cantacts. i beg anyone that thinks that's happened to provide an example of it being done. oversight is still there.
i uderstand your concern, but i'm just short of the tinfoil hat, black helicopter crowd and i can't find any examples of a law abiding citizen having their rights trampled.
which limitation was recently struck down by th U.S.S.C. ? what decision did i miss that goes to security?? i'm not calling you out by any means. if i missed something, i'd like to know. -->

Last edited by FTE Ken; 09-11-2007 at 05:23 PM.
Old 09-11-2007, 03:46 PM
jake00
FTE is my crack
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Old 09-11-2007, 03:57 PM
lenny1carl
Post Fiend
tears down my face jake.... i hadn't seen that one. i'd have rep'd but "you must spread..." again. awesome vid.

Old 09-11-2007, 04:30 PM
Nitramjr
Postmaster

Originally Posted by jake00
I couldn't watch it past the first 15 seconds. Maybe it is the beers I had on the way home to mark the date, maybe I am just a softie but this day still hurts.

I'm with Carl, those images bring goosebumps, tears and a whole bunch of anger to the surface.

God Bless America.

Old 09-11-2007, 05:04 PM
lenny1carl
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by Nitramjr
I'm with Carl, those images bring goosebumps, tears and a whole bunch of anger to the surface.
God Bless America.
anger justified Nit. we as a society, should never forget. if we all subscribe to the "we should get over it" mindset...we are doomed to witness it again sooner rather than later.
we've made mistake in prosecuting this war.. but throwing in the towel in any theater is an *** kicking just waiting to happen.
Bless those doing the fighting so that we all have the ability to debate this here in safety. OBL can do his videos...he's harmless to us because of the battle ongoing.
i tried to rep you but..... "spread..." i thank you for holding up emotions. anger is a good emotion on this day. respect for our heros is better, and for them i'm angry and respectful.

Last edited by lenny1carl; 09-11-2007 at 05:19 PM.
Old 09-11-2007, 05:10 PM
Texas Outlaw
Not a liberal...
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I've been a little mopey all day. It still hurts.

Old 09-11-2007, 05:40 PM
Mil1ion
New User
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

[img][/img]

Blessed be the souls of ALL THOSE that dies that day not just American's, but those of other nationalities that were innocently murdered.at all locations

Last edited by Mil1ion; 09-11-2007 at 05:47 PM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Remembering Today