Join Chapter, Leader: Yahiko

What a bunch of YAAHOOS

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2007, 12:15 PM
Eric C.
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What a bunch of YAAHOOS

It's been a lovely day in the neighbor hood here on the cruise ship BONGA (I'M BEING REAL SARCASTIC NOW). I got a crew of local Nigerian nationals who take off and say nothing, we were up on scafolding disconecting a 10" pipe when they went and just left me and the scotsman up on top. Then an hour and 1/2 later I told them to start disconecting the 14" suction so one stands around as he's a trainie while the other spends 45 minutes looking for a bottle of WD-40 so the bolts will turn easier. Mean while the supervisor tells me he has to go isolate the firefighting deluge system that was already supposed to have been taken care of this morningsystem they are It took all day today to unbolt the 10" pipe and that only got that far because of me and the scotsman getting up there to seperate it and put in the blind.

Old 09-09-2007, 10:07 PM
Placermike
Postmaster
Sounds to me like you really appreciate the Nigerian work ethic!...Perhaps they can teach you a thing or two...LOL

Old 09-09-2007, 10:17 PM
Eric C.
Elder User
Watch it Mike when I get back I'll find out where you live and leave you a couuple of them to deal with.

Old 09-09-2007, 10:25 PM
Placermike
Postmaster
Originally Posted by Eric C.
Watch it Mike when I get back I'll find out where you live and leave you a couuple of them to deal with.
You know where Sequim is!...Send them over. Perhaps that can go in to politics, or start working for the road department.....LMFAO

Hope you are not having too much fun.

Mike

Old 09-09-2007, 10:55 PM
Eric C.
Elder User
Nothing like using the customers crew and having to keep explaining why it takes so long to get it done. The Nigerian goverment is trying to nationalise all the oil platforms here and it's just not working out. I know why one of our guys refuses to come back to work here. Hey where's every one been, out hiding at the coast at the End of The World Rod run or out fishing since they reopened out at sea???

Old 09-09-2007, 10:58 PM
3Mike6
Postmaster
I'd look on the bright side, least they didn't tell you to send down a grand for expenses, than leave you hanging

Old 09-09-2007, 11:05 PM
Eric C.
Elder User
Yea, the money is good and I will get to leave, eventually. 7X12 with 40% uplift for the area and anoher 10% for off shore. The prospects of a new boat are getting better and better

Old 09-10-2007, 08:32 AM
RexB
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
...The prospects of a new boat are getting better and better
I'll bring the downriggers!

What's with the Nigerians? They lazy...or are they just
lazy?? Since you're doing most of the work yourself at least it'll get done right...

Old 09-11-2007, 10:32 AM
Eric C.
Elder User
Problem is they want me to train these clowns and all they do is mimick what you do. They got Impacts, combonations, air ratchets, and what do the use ??? A 14 inch crescent. Listened to one the other day go on for 30 minutes about the bottle of WD 40 that had come up missing. I got this compressor, needs a rebuild, I can do it even with these clowns now the Offshore Installation Manager says He doesn't want me to turn the compressor on end to do the job right. He wants me to pull this one out, take it to shore send the one that's in pieces out, put it back together or he doesn't realise it's in pieces since NOVEMBER, ND PUT IT IN. Hey more money and I'll be on the beach tomorrow afternoon.

Old 09-11-2007, 09:59 PM
Placermike
Postmaster
Problem is they want me to train these clowns and all they do is mimick what you do. They got Impacts, combonations, air ratchets, and what do the use ??? A 14 inch crescent. Listened to one the other day go on for 30 minutes about the bottle of WD 40 that had come up missing. I got this compressor, needs a rebuild, I can do it even with these clowns now the Offshore Installation Manager says He doesn't want me to turn the compressor on end to do the job right. He wants me to pull this one out, take it to shore send the one that's in pieces out, put it back together or he doesn't realise it's in pieces since NOVEMBER, ND PUT IT IN. Hey more money and I'll be on the beach tomorrow afternoon.
Sounds like a basic tool use class is in order...LOL Maybe after that someone can explain which tools work best to meet the objective. If that doesn't work maybe you can have a little fun!...I can remember sending a 'green horn' after a 'board stretcher'...Each person that he was sent to, sent him to someone else...We all had great laughs. Finally sunk into his mind to start using a few brain cells.

Old 09-19-2007, 05:39 AM
Eric C.
Elder User
Well after trying for 10 days finally got the compressor in pieces and started cleaning it up and guess what?? Stop work and move everything aft behind the blast wall as there are sparks coming off the polisher and now it's raining and these clowns act like they'll melt so nothing is getting done. What joys. If we waited for it to stop raining at home nothing would be getting done.