Question about a 1991 F150 I owned

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2007, 09:59 PM
bigredmachine
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Question about a 1991 F150 I owned

I bought a 1991 F150 XLT Lariat 4x4 in February of 1992. This truck was a little different than the others I had seen and I was wondering if anyone knows if it was a special edition. I have only seen one other truck like this one. It was about an inch taller than the other 4x4s on the lot. It was black with a stripe kit that had several silver stripes over one wider red stripe, bullet hole rims and had the 5.0 with a 5 speed manual tranny. I don't think they put the manual tranny in with many 5.0 engines because I looked for several months for that combo before I found this truck. All the others around Greenville, SC had a 300C.I. inline six with the 5 speed and the 5.0 was always an automatic. The reason I'm asking is I am wanting to buy another 1991 and I want it like that one. I haven't found the exact same set up yet, so I may have to make a close match into what I want. I had to sell my old one because of a growing family not fitting into a standard cab. I am now in a position to have toys for myself so I want my old one back. Any help is appreciated. I don't care if it is rare or "special" as much as I want to know how difficult it will be to find this set up.