Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Canadian National Chapter > British Columbia
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

British Columbia British Columbia
Join Chapter, Leader: Zip

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-06-2007, 02:46 PM
Junior User

alremkin is starting off with a positive reputation.
bchunter

bchunter, I think I mentioned I got a moose draw for any bull in 6-05 when we met. Do you know if there are many elk around Vanderhoof/Endako? I'm thinking of buying an elk tag as a sort of insurance policy, but I never heard that there are very many elk in that area. What do you think worthwhile to buy an elk tag? Also I'm leaving Sept 8 for Burns Lake expect to be there a week or so. Sounds like you won't be around then. I've never hunted that area and tips would be much appreciated.
Old 09-07-2007, 07:08 PM
Elder User

bchunter is starting off with a positive reputation.
From what I hear there is a healthy population there. It is healthy enough that they are starting to spread into our neck of the woods. I saw 2 cows and a bull in the bush the other day while I was bear hunting. I will do some asking and see if it is worth the tag or not. As for good hunting spots, it is easist if we chat over a coffee and I show you ona map. Plus I don't want everyone in cyberspace to know

I think that I still have your cell. I will give you a shout in the later part of Sept so we can hook up.

Have a great trip and enjoy that diesel.
Old 09-09-2007, 09:47 PM
Posting Legend

preppypyro has much to be proud ofpreppypyro has much to be proud ofpreppypyro has much to be proud ofpreppypyro has much to be proud ofpreppypyro has much to be proud ofpreppypyro has much to be proud ofpreppypyro has much to be proud ofpreppypyro has much to be proud ofpreppypyro has much to be proud of
Maybe you fellas should go hunting, then have a nice huge bar b q for us!!

A good fist fight never hurts anyone... except my opponent.
Old 10-15-2007, 07:39 PM
Freshman User

boing is starting off with a positive reputation.
So how is everyone doing so far this season?
I was out the last week in Sept and we got two moose. Click the image to open in full size.

Old 10-17-2007, 07:01 AM
Posting Legend

preppypyro has much to be proud ofpreppypyro has much to be proud ofpreppypyro has much to be proud ofpreppypyro has much to be proud ofpreppypyro has much to be proud ofpreppypyro has much to be proud ofpreppypyro has much to be proud ofpreppypyro has much to be proud ofpreppypyro has much to be proud of
Ive been working alot lately, no time for hunting. On the plus side i found a nice mossberg 12 gauge pump shot gun for 300 bucks. Anyone know much about mossbergs?

Old 10-17-2007, 11:50 PM
Junior User

Canadian98f1504x4 is starting off with a positive reputation.
I have used a Mossburg 12Gauge for about 20 yrs and it has worked great.
Old 10-18-2007, 03:52 AM
Senior User

Flatdeck is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.Flatdeck is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
I have a stainless Mossberg 500A marine with an 18.5" barrel, and I pack it around on my quad in a soft case via a pair of fin-grip mounts. It regularly gets soaked by rain, knocked by trees, and generally gets banged around, and I've never had a problem with it. Very reliable. I actually like the pump action better than the action on my Remington 870, and the metallic ring from the stainless heat shield sounds cool too. Anyways, as long as everything is functioning, you can't go wrong with a Mossberg.
Greg :: PAA#55
1999.0 F-350 4x4 PSD SRW reg cab, auto, manual xfer case, Warn manual hubs, aluminum flatdeck, VB springs, Predator tuner, 6637, LT285/75R16E Duratracs, 2003 40/20/40, 2005 cupholder, 2005-07 front end, Sirius Starmate 3
Old 10-18-2007, 09:25 AM
Posting Legend

Cool I think I will buy it then, as soon as my FAC gets through.

Old 11-14-2007, 11:19 PM
Junior User

I only got out about 2 days of hunting this year. Too much work with moving to get out much.
Old 11-15-2007, 09:47 AM
Posting Legend

Did you have any luck on your two days out?

Old 11-15-2007, 08:24 PM
Junior User

preppypro, no the 2 days were the total time I spent in the bush this year which adds up to more 4 1/2 days with one over nighter sleeping under the canopy in September at a nice lake where I saw a cow and a calf swimming. Still it was good to spend a little time in the bush and get a bit about the lay of the land around here.
Old 11-17-2007, 08:01 AM
Junior User

Canadian98f1504x4 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Yeah anytime out in the bush is time well spent. I didnt get out this year with work and family stuff. My dads hunting party did get a cow and calf moose this year.
Old 11-18-2007, 10:31 AM
Posting Legend

I love spending time out in the bush too, so nice and peacefull.

Old 11-18-2007, 10:31 AM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Canadian National Chapter > British Columbia