6.4L Power Stroke Diesel Engine fitted to 2008 - 2010 F250, F350 and F450 pickup trucks and F350 + Cab Chassis

Why so many Trolls?

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2007, 11:02 AM
61 uni
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
When someone has problems with their trucks in this forum, you want their vin number, picture of the truck and what color it was the last time that they took a crap. People have legitimite troubles with these trucks. Let them speak their mind and don't give them the 3rd degree.

Old 09-07-2007, 11:50 AM
rollerstud98
Postmaster

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by 61 uni
When someone has problems with their trucks in this forum, you want their vin number, picture of the truck and what color it was the last time that they took a crap. People have legitimite troubles with these trucks. Let them speak their mind and don't give them the 3rd degree.

only one guy got that and it was because of his claims that he's had no problems with removing his DPF while anybody else who has done it has had nothing but problems, also he keeps talkin about putting pictures of his truck up but never does it so people don't believe him.

Old 09-07-2007, 11:57 AM
Maxium4x4
Super Moderator
Received 3,392 Likes on 2,089 Posts
New users with a good story are the ones that draw attention. I can help as always if you want. No one has to supply a Vin for credibility. If you enjoy being drug through the forums while searching for a legitimate answer.....that is the users choice.

I personally do not know of an any owner around me that had a truck bought back by Ford. I know these trucks exist as well as GM vehicles, friend of mine had one bought back by GM.

Talked to a guy the other day that has an 03 just like mine that has never seen the dealer and is happy with his truck, no reflash, no EGR issues...problem free trucks are on the road.

Old 09-07-2007, 12:20 PM
kw5413
Post Fiend
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
It has generally been my experience...here at FTE, that our true trolls are ones that come to the site purely to create hatred and mayhem. Usually they do not have much experience with what they are raising hell about.

The 6.0 forum helped this site's membership explode. If the 6.0 world was full of satisfied owners most would not have taken the time to seek us out.

In some cases though, the owners attitudes exceeded the issues their 6.0s were presenting. Titles like "All 6.0s suck" generally received the anticipated response creating two pages of posts before they got their issue resolved...or they were run off.

If the 6.4 has like issues...history will repeat itself here...to be sure. It seems though, that the 6.4 is not going create such problems as the 6.0.

This site has always been a place where one could come to us to seek answers / resolution to their issues.

Old 09-13-2007, 11:26 AM
cads03
Senior User
I'm not suggesting all people with complaints are trolls by any stretch of the imagination. I was just curious about what other people thought about the people that come on here and say, "I have a friend, who has a cousin, who's boyfriend works at the ford plant......."

Why waste everyone's time? No one has to provide a VIN # or a picture for that matter, heck, I don't even have a picture of mine on here.

All new trucks aren't perfect. My 6.0L was pretty good as I stated above, and my 6.4L is pretty good as stated above....I understand it's only 2 trucks out of millions.

Old 09-13-2007, 05:32 PM
Pwarrenn
Senior User
Man, a lot of you have too much time on your hands..I must also have too much time on my hands to read all this crap...This site is for questions answers. I personally started out using the this site for my 68 F100 and FE motors. Then went to the expedition forum, now here at the 6.4..Why???? Because I OWN these cars and like to get good in-site on them. I have to say I have got a lot of GOOD info out of these forums..You just have to get past all the crap and crappy people...Don't waste our time crappy people...

Old 09-29-2007, 07:20 AM
stroke this
Senior User
Is it the fuel economy that people are complaining about or is it the price of fuel?
I wonder if fuel was 1.50 per gallon would peple be complaining?

Old 09-29-2007, 07:52 AM
NORTHLAND06
Senior User
Talking

I don't complaint about the mpg's I just hammer those that do bash the mpg. I just don't care about the mpg, because I bought mine for musle and Super duty of the truck to used for which it was designed for pull my trailer. I love SD and I would not buy any other truck out their, MY last 6 trucks have been Ford's the last two where SD, before that was F-150's and Ranger plus I also own two Ford cars.That is my 2 centsssssssssss.

Old 09-29-2007, 08:01 AM
blazeone
Junior User
Originally Posted by NORTHLAND06
I don't complaint about the mpg's I just hammer those that do bash the mpg. I just don't care about the mpg, because I bought mine for musle and Super duty of the truck to used for which it was designed for pull my trailer. I love SD and I would not buy any other truck out their, MY last 6 trucks have been Ford's the last two where SD, before that was F-150's and Ranger plus I also own two Ford cars.That is my 2 centsssssssssss.
Exactly, I'm with you on this.

Old 09-29-2007, 09:59 AM
bf250
Post Fiend
but in a world where it is expected that new designs should get better mpg, it is dissappointing to see them get less than the previous.

the whole point of the 6.4 was emissions, so along with that a reasonable person would expect at least the same mpg as the previous engine model, not burn more in the "emissions" engine.

Old 09-29-2007, 02:44 PM
cmpd1781
Post Fiend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by bf250
but in a world where it is expected that new designs should get better mpg, it is dissappointing to see them get less than the previous.

the whole point of the 6.4 was emissions, so along with that a reasonable person would expect at least the same mpg as the previous engine model, not burn more in the "emissions" engine.
Especially in the price at the pump as I saw today......$2.99 low, and mostly around $3.07......

So fuel is getting more expensive, and if you believe the environmentalists, inexorably in shorter supply; and the new trucks are getting worse and worse mileage?.......

Old 09-29-2007, 04:35 PM
blazeone
Junior User

I don't think so, if the design was to be based on mpg the front end would be designed like a Ford Fusion or some other more aerodynamic shape. They could have offered smaller wheels and tires and lowered the height of the truck. None of this would sell to the market. Additionally, the frontal area is larger to accommodate the larger radiators required for cooling.

Old 09-29-2007, 04:56 PM
stroke this
Senior User
I agree that it would be nice if 6.4s were getting better MPG but, Its not a deciding factor for me. Like its been said before, If you buy a heavy 3/4 or 1 ton and you tow with it,your going to burn gas. I was getting 19to20 highway mpg on my 7.3 which is just a little better than I'm getting on my 08 and who knows mabe it will get better.
I don't know what all the waa waa is about, I know that some peolple say they are getting 11to12 mpg but I don't think there there should be that much difference in mpgs on a stock truck.

Old 09-29-2007, 08:41 PM
bf250
Post Fiend
i think some missed my point, i agree people do not buy it for the mpg, but.....

as stroke this said, the 08 is getting slightly less, and maybe it might get slightly more, mpg than a 13 year old engine design (and just talking psd, not the 7.3 line itself)

with all the doodads and whizwangs on the new 6.4, along with the price, at least mpg should just be equal too or even more than an old design engine.

just as i stated on another thread about my 1995 f350 7.5, it got the same mpg than my 1971 chevy 4x4 with a built 454 in it, not much motivation by the automotive industry, but then again it was an effort to even get seat belts installed.

i would own one of course, not knocking the superduty at all, but i do not see how burning more fuel is equal to better emissions. plus i would hate to see the costs of replacing some of those things on the 6.4.

what was this about? trolls? oh yes, always here to spew something stupid.

Old 09-29-2007, 09:11 PM
BigF350
Hotshot
Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts
i think some missed my point, i agree people do not buy it for the mpg, but.....

as stroke this said, the 08 is getting slightly less, and maybe it might get slightly more, mpg than a 13 year old engine design (and just talking psd, not the 7.3 line itself)
I understand where you are coming from - but I encourage you to look at the whole package.

A "1/2" ton pickup will haul/tow more than a 1 ton of 30years back.
It has more power, more safety, more comfort etc. (and as a result, a heck of a lot more weight - which is where the fuel mileage goes out the window)

Quick Reply: Why so many Trolls?