Point of Contact (POC):

Joe Garcia

PO Box 426

HintonWV 25951

msgtg@hotmail.com

(304)-466-6804 home

(304)254-2335 work

(304)923-1623 cell

This event is a family event to be held on the grounds of the Pipestem Ruritan Club in Pipestem WV. Specific events and plans will be determined by feedback to the POC.

WHO: WV Chapter of Ford Truck Enthusiasts is sponsoring this event. The event will be open to the public. 10 show slots will be reserved for FTE Members.

WHEN: The event is planned (rain or sun) for Saturday, 15 September 2007 from 7:30 AM to 4 PM. Registration will be open from 7:30 AM till everybody gets here!

WHERE: The Pipestem Ruritan Club is located on Broadway Road in Summers County WV. See page 2 for specific directions.

WHAT: Truck show…meet & greet…Food….Family Fun…FTE WV Chapter meeting

The Pipestem Ruritan will be having a community breakfast fundraiser/lunch fundraiser so food will be available! This event is an inaugural event. It is hoped this morphs into an annual event with greater participation and a true full-blown Truck Show!

******************Page 2 Directions*************************

Directions to Pipestem Ruritan Club

(Call my cell phone if you get lost!)

From I-64

- From Lewisburg, Follow I-64 to exit 161 for Alta. As you exit, turn left onto Rt. 12 South. Landmarks you’ll pass include, Alderson and Talcott. You will cross a metal truss bridge over the Greenbrier River and come to a ‘T’ intersection. At this intersection turn right and follow Rt. 3 to Hinton. Once you reach Hinton, the road will split, at the split, follow Rt. 20. You’ll cross the New River (in front of the Bluestone Dam) and come to another intersection. Turn left and follow Rt. 20 (see continuation of directions below).

- From Beckley, Follow I-64 to exit 139 for Hinton/Sandstone. At the end of the ramp, turn left on Rt. 20 and continue to Hinton. When you reach Hinton, Rt. 20 will split into a one-way road. Follow this road (through residential then down town) until it makes a hard left up the hill to the traffic light (if you continue straight, you’re in a parking lot). At the traffic light turn right and cross the bridge over the New River. At the end of the bridge, turn left and continue to follow Rt. 20 (see continuation of directions below).

From I-77

- From Wytheville VA, Princeton/Bluefield WV: Follow I-77 to exit 14 for Athens / Athens Road. At the exit you will turn right and proceed x.x miles where you will turn left onto Rt. 20 North. Landmarks you’ll pass include: Athens WV, Speedway WV, Lerona WV, Pipestem State Park. Cooks Chapel is on the corner of Rt. 20 and Broadway Road (look for the Pipstem Ruritan sign on the right, across from Broadway Road). Turn right and proceed 3/10s of a mile. Look for the Pipestem Ruritan Club sign on the left. If you pass the Fire Department on Broadway Road, you’ve gone too far.

From Rt. 20

- From Hinton WV, follow Rt 20 South to Pipestem WV. Land marks you’ll pass include: Bluestone Dam (on the left), Bluestone State Park (on the right). Cooks Chapel (on the left) is on the corner of Rt. 20 and Broadway Road (note the Pipestem Ruritan sign on the right beside the road). You’ll see the Christian School across from the Cooks Chapel. Turn left on Broadway Road and proceed 3/10s of a mile. Look for another Pipestem Ruritan Club sign on the left. If you pass the Fire Department on Broadway Road, you’ve gone too far.

- From Princeton WV, follow Rt 20 North to Pipestem WV. Landmarks you’ll pass include: Athens WV, Speedway WV, Lerona WV, Pipestem State Park. Cooks Chapel is on the corner of Rt. 20 and Broadway Road. Turn right and proceed 3/10s of a mile. Look for the Pipestem Ruritan Club sign on the left. If you pass the Fire Department on Broadway Road, you’ve gone too far.

Old 09-06-2007, 02:23 PM
04yellowf150wv
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I cant wait!!! Im bringing my ps3 in the truck!

Old 09-07-2007, 08:41 PM
Dave Sponaugle
Post Fiend

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
Funny thing, Route 20 is seven blocks from my house.

To bad there is so much Route 20 between my house and Pipestem, about 3.75 hours worth.

Old 09-08-2007, 07:00 AM
msgtg
Post Fiend
Ain't that something! I fear a "Rt. 20 compressor" would make the ride even bumpier...of course Dave is used to bumpy rides are'nt you Dave!

Joe

Old 09-09-2007, 02:11 PM
Dave Sponaugle
Post Fiend

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
If I take you a ride in my truck, you will have a new definition for bumpy.

Everything else will ride very smooth after that.

Right now I am trying to figure out if I am going to run I 79 or drive down the back roads and run 219 down.

Mapquest has me at 176 miles and 3 hours going down I 79.

Last edited by Dave Sponaugle; 09-09-2007 at 02:23 PM.
Old 09-09-2007, 07:48 PM
msgtg
Post Fiend
Dave why not come on up the evening before....You can crash at my place if you want. I've got a spare bedroom....as long as you aren't allergic to my dogs you are welcomed!

Joe