Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Newer Light Duty Trucks > 2007+ Expedition & Navigator
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

2007+ Expedition & Navigator 2007, 2008, 2009 and 2010 Ford Expedition and Lincoln Navigator

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-04-2007, 03:02 PM
Senior User

07EXPYEL is starting off with a positive reputation.
Exhaust options, bolt on cat-back Gibson or Magnaflow

Iím considering a bolt-on cat-back exhaust for my 2007 Expedition EL. Iíve never owned a vehicle with a performance exhaust, and I know my wife wonít want something loud so Iím looking for opinions here.

This is what Iíve found for bolt on options so far for mandrel bent systems.

Magnaflow Stainless Steel $741 list, about $570 street
http://www.magnaflow.com/02product/shopexd.asp?zone=Trucks&id=1313

Gibson Stainless Steel (619902) $505@ www.accessorysourcedirect.com
Gibson Aluminized (319902) $350 @ www.accessorysourcedirect.com

http://www.gibsonexhaust.com/pdf/319902_expedition_web.pdf

Last edited by 07EXPYEL; 09-04-2007 at 03:08 PM.
Old 09-04-2007, 04:34 PM
Postmaster

berry1234 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
I think both of those will probrably be too loud for your wife. Maybe a series 70 Flowmaster muffler with a nice chrome tip. Nothing worse than spending all that dough to find out it's too loud or the drone drives you crazy.
Old 09-05-2007, 01:24 AM
Elder User

EPDP99 is starting off with a positive reputation.
the magna flow systems are not loud. very very good sound.I would talk to local shops also. im sure you could get a mandrel bent system using magna flow muffler for cheaper than that. I have always ran magna flow and love them. the diesel has a mbrp exhaust though. the new expy has a flowmaster delta force and it sounds good but i want a magna flow(were out of stock when it was done) guy said hed switch it for no charge for me. flowmasters are usually much much louder than magna flow systems and have the bad cab drone that alot of people complain about.....

(SOLD)99 f-250 V-10, Lifted on 35's, Banks transcommand, magnaflow exhaust
Old 09-05-2007, 01:30 AM
Elder User

also stock exhaust is 2.75" from muffler back. is it really that worth it for .25" Thats why i had a muffler cut out and added a muffler in and then added a tip to factory tailpipe. cut the end and welded it on. most shops will have benders for 2.75" to make it that from the cat back. that would be something to look into too. then your looking at bout 200 bucks versus 750 plus shipping...just my opinion

Old 09-06-2007, 09:58 PM
Freshman User

jackson3000 is starting off with a positive reputation.
EPD, what muffler did you install, and did it help mileage and performance ?
Old 09-07-2007, 06:20 PM
Elder User

the shop guy told me it was a flowmaster delta force. Usually used for jeeps since the need a center in side out muffler. this i guess helps on drone created inside the cab. You can hear it inside the cab but doesnt seem to be annoying by any means. definitally not loud like the series 40(or 70) flowmasters which are usually really loud and annoying inside the cab.

Old 09-07-2007, 06:20 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Newer Light Duty Trucks > 2007+ Expedition & Navigator

Tags
back, bent, bolt, cat, catback, exhaust, expedition, ford, gibson, inside, loud, magnaflow, mandrel, muffler, trucks