1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

How tight is money these days?

Old 09-04-2007, 10:50 AM
CharlieLed
Lead Driver
Received 465 Likes on 301 Posts
I am seeing 56 big windows in decent shape being offered for under $10K...that is what got me thinkin' about prices. I have a couple of project trucks in the works and if the prices drop much lower it won't be worth my while to finish them...I could just buy one or two of these running trucks and spend my time on other things. Yeah, the wife likes that part!

Old 09-04-2007, 11:25 AM
AXracer
Hotshot
Received 53 Likes on 34 Posts
I'm in the luxury goods market (fine jewelry) and the industry is in desperate straits nationwide. With the high gas prices, poor economic picture, and obscene money going into the middle east and the greed that goes along with it, people have much less disposable income to spend and what they have they are tightly holding onto.

Old 09-04-2007, 11:47 AM
TheWiz427
Post Fiend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by himmelberg
Demand is going soft. The reality of old cars and trucks is beyond many hipster Americans... they just want to make the "scene." Many don't want the hassle of having to deal with a ride that doesn't always start, has maintenance issues and has crumby gas mileage.
+1 I think that hits the proverbial nail on the head!

Originally Posted by himmelberg
The fad is fading. Case in point... there are 38 some odd thousand souls that haunt the HAMB... traditional hotrodding's internet scene. How many of those guys even have a traditional ride? It takes serious talent, time and mazuma to pull a cool ride out of the past and make it a hot rod.
Although i lurk and post once-in-awhile over there i have met quite a few HAMBers and they are some die hard rodders, Although i have often wondered just how many on there have ghost rods.

As for me getting to the point i have my savings is just about out of gas.

Old 09-04-2007, 03:45 PM
OilLeaks
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I don't know about the market going soft but I have seen a couple of at least decent deals lately. Regards price of trucks - the reason I got into trucks in the first place (besides the fact that I just like the way they look) is that it was the most affordable "buy-in" to a real traditional "hot rod" I could find. Like most guys I found my truck needed a whole lot more work than I'd anticipated and I'll end up having about twice as much invested in it as originally planned (again from what I read I'm pretty much on the average) BUT...it'll be mine and I'll have done 95% of the work and it'll be just the way I want it. That's still worth a lot to me and besides...you can't beat the therapy of the thing. Don't think I'll be selling it anytime soon but you never know what the realities of life will make you do...do you? Anyways my building has slowed down as my ready truck funds have withered away and now have to wait for the odd bonus or influx of funds from my Sweety who also happens to like the look of the old beast - think I'll keep her! Actually I'll keep them both!!!

OilLeaks

Old 09-04-2007, 05:35 PM
Dustin1690
Post Fiend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I agree with himmelberg

Search this Thread