Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Newer Light Duty Trucks > 1997 - 2003 F150
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

1997 - 2003 F150 1997-2003 F150, 1997-1999 F250LD, 7700 & 2004 F150 Heritage SPONSORED BY:

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-30-2002, 04:00 PM
New User

4x4300i6 is starting off with a positive reputation.
spare tire stuck

i was cranking up the spare tire into the holding spot under the bed of my moms 97'f150 when it hit the top all the sudden something snaped and the tire will not come back down and trhe bar to lower just spins in the hole and the tire doesnt move at all

DOES ANY ONE KNOW WHAT HAS HAPPEND AND OR HOW TO FIX IT????

DAVID TONKIN
Old 06-30-2002, 05:28 PM
New User

4x4300i6 is starting off with a positive reputation.
spare tire stuck

all fixxed
Old 07-11-2002, 09:18 PM
Elder User

bosshoss is starting off with a positive reputation.
spare tire stuck

Hey David. The part that pulls the tire up, or down is most likely broken. You can have a friend crank the tire down while you pull down on the tire, that might work. You can buy the crank and cable unit from ford. I dont have the part number right now, but i can get it. Note, when cranking the tire back up KEEP THE LIFT CABEL TIGHT.
Let the cable pull the tire back under the truck a little if need be. A lose cable will wrap up lose and cause a lock up problem.

Dave Powell
Old 07-12-2002, 12:34 AM
Founder ... Stay Tuned

FTE Ken has a superb reputationFTE Ken has a superb reputationFTE Ken has a superb reputationFTE Ken has a superb reputationFTE Ken has a superb reputationFTE Ken has a superb reputationFTE Ken has a superb reputationFTE Ken has a superb reputationFTE Ken has a superb reputationFTE Ken has a superb reputationFTE Ken has a superb reputation
spare tire stuck

Old 07-12-2002, 12:34 AM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Newer Light Duty Trucks > 1997 - 2003 F150