Any Sound System ideas?

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2007, 04:15 PM
taylorj661
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Any Sound System ideas?

im trying to hook my F-150 supercab up with some big bases, nice amps, and some loud speakers any ideas on whats the best or worst speakers from past experiences?
-Taylor

Old 09-01-2007, 01:39 AM
200Proof
Senior User
Do you want loud or clean sounding. If all you want is loud go to Wal-mart and buy the cheapest 6x9's and the biggest amp they have. It will be loud but sound like crap. Best speakers from past experience are Dynaudio, worst is anything from Wal-mart or their equivelant.

Old 09-03-2007, 09:34 PM
X-OvrDistortion
Senior User
Wow, if you supplied a budget more people would be able to help.

Old 09-03-2007, 10:53 PM
78F150XLT
Senior User
what year is your f-150? cause my buddys building a super lous set up with 18 10's 2 6X9's/door and loads of amps...

Old 09-03-2007, 10:54 PM
78F150XLT
Senior User
what year is your f-150? cause my buddys building a super lous set up with 8* 10's 2 6X9's/door and loads of amps...

Old 09-04-2007, 11:45 AM
Capital Customs
Elder User
I would go with kicker 6x9s a kicker class D amp 600watt or larger 2 kicker cvr`s 12"
run a pioneer head unit or eclips. add in some tweeters in upper for corners. that will give you all you want and sound great.

Old 09-04-2007, 01:40 PM
CRUZWHEELS
New User
How Loud Do You Want It? And How Much Are You Willing To Spend?what Year Is Your F-150 Are You After Sound Quality (sq) Or Sound Pressure Level(spl)?

Old 09-04-2007, 04:02 PM
X-OvrDistortion
Senior User
Originally Posted by CRUZWHEELS
How Loud Do You Want It? And How Much Are You Willing To Spend?what Year Is Your F-150 Are You After Sound Quality (sq) Or Sound Pressure Level(spl)?
This is an excellent question as well as, who is installing and how much you play on paying for that install.

Adding a tweet to the stock speakers will do nothing great. He is better suited getting a component set, at least that way he will have a crossover for the set. If he is running active, he could possible get away from needing the crossover and build hisself a DIY set.

I would swap HU's too. Find one that is in your price range that has all the functions that you need.

As far as amps go, if you were to go active you would need at least a 4 channel amp for the front. If you were to run passive, you would need at least a 2 channel amp for the front. Then you will need a sub amp. If you are runnning rear speakers, I say HU power. Rear speakers ruin imaging and staging (sq). With a nice set of speakers up front, you will not miss the rear speakers.

Sorry for the long post. Remember everyone has their own taste when it comes to how music sounds the best, so take what I say as my opinion not gospel.

Old 09-04-2007, 04:16 PM
taylorj661
Freshman User
i want to really loud like a 1000-3000 watt amp like 4 12"s some nice speakers and a touchscreen dvd player head unit O and its a 1997 Supercab

Old 09-04-2007, 06:02 PM
Capital Customs
Elder User
first let put to reast this stock issue. as I said he needs good 6x9s kicker,pioneer,earthquake or some thing along that line. that is not stock. plus 12" subs
or 10" subs will do for bass. amps well there is alot of choice with that. I sold kicker for the last 5-6 years before that it was ****ford,mtx,jl,earthquake,pioneer.any of them will
give him what he is looking for componet sets are good but you do not always need them. tweeters just help in the corners to round out the sound they can be hooked up to one channel of the head unit low power is all that is need for that. 6x9s check power rate and then get a 2channel amp subs class d amp also by power rate. with all that you system will be loud. just remember you can go to far. also try to find deals.

Old 09-04-2007, 07:25 PM
X-OvrDistortion
Senior User
Wow, I had a hard time reading that. Why does he need 6x9's? Tweets hooked up to the HU on one channel.....this is absurd. Why would you want to use one channel of stereo? You are missing either the right or left side of the one you don't choose. Correct me if I am wrong.

Tay, when running amps that large you might need to check into a bigger alt. You can kill an amp by trying to draw more current then your electrical system can handle. You need to think of how much room you are willing to sacrifice to a box and how much modification it will take to get you there.

I will agree with CC, you can go to far......but that is our opinion. Be responsible when you are playing your music.

Old 09-05-2007, 10:44 AM
Capital Customs
Elder User
first lets get it right he can use what ever he wants. also by one channel that is dependingon unit front L & R or rear L & R speaker wirring. not pre outs what ever he uses for speakers 6x9, 6x8,6.5, 5 1/4, 3" what ever. he wants loud. he will need power.
subs he will need power. he said he wants loud. he can get it that is what I am saying
plus great tone this is what I did for many many many years I just got out for medical reasons. he is in CA. I was an earthquake dealer he should contact them they are based in CA. they can set him up in a system that will blow your mind at a very good low price. I still have Invintory in my pole barn from them that when we change the
system in my box we will be adding see my gallery pics. my cab pics will be in next year. the truck is loaded inside and out for show and advertizing so it is over kill.

Old 09-05-2007, 11:00 AM
Capital Customs
Elder User
note. he will need alot more power IE. battery and larger alt., to run anything that is
going to give him what he is looking for. that is a fact for sure.use your head find what fits and work your money find that deal. enjoy it.

Old 09-05-2007, 04:28 PM
X-OvrDistortion
Senior User
You would have to pay me to use Earthquake equipment. I have a rule I follow, if it can be found at the Norwalk Indoor Swap Meet, I am not using it in my ride.

Running tweets straight off the HU will require a filter for the lower frequencies. If he doesn't (if he went that route) he will, yes I said will, ruin the tweeters.

Old 09-05-2007, 04:39 PM
black04lariat
Elder User
Originally Posted by X-OvrDistortion
You would have to pay me to use Earthquake equipment. I have a rule I follow, if it can be found at the Norwalk Indoor Swap Meet, I am not using it in my ride.
lol.

Where you planning on putting 4 12's? Taking the back seat out? Are 4 12's really necessary? Oh and be sure to keep a tube of glue in your truck for when the rear view mirror falls off... Get 2 JL 12w7's and be done with it. Used to work with a guy who had them in a 99 Supercrew and had them sitting on the rear seat. Overkill in my opinion but it was very loud.

Quick Reply: Any Sound System ideas?