Excursion - King of SUVs 2000 - 2005 Ford Excursion
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Is center console interchangeable w/ middle seat?

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2008, 12:40 PM
OnlyFords4Me
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wallz,

Did you ever do the swap?? Looking to do the same. Thanks

Old 08-08-2008, 12:59 PM
RACERX7775
Postmaster
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Did you look in the tech folder? It shows how to do it if you got the parts.

Old 08-08-2008, 02:51 PM
FordxFour
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by RACERX7775
apparently, i have an extremely rare excursion limited with the leather front seat with the flip down center seat. i dont know weather this was the cheaper one or kind of a preferred seating arrangement.

That the way the 01 X I had was.

Old 08-08-2008, 03:52 PM
OnlyFords4Me
Senior User
Thanks Racer!! I didn't think to look there. Now my question is what F250/350 years fit a 2003 EX? Would it be 2000-2004 or would the newer ones fit also? Anyone know?

Old 08-08-2008, 07:39 PM
RACERX7775
Postmaster
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
i have seen and others have posted that even the 08 console fits as well. all years of front seats will fit. (not sure of the 08's though) im not sure what will work for the second row because the floor might be different. the sd trucks had 4 captains chairs and 2 center consoles as an option though. just remember that with the front captains chairs and then adding a center seat, you will have the inner armrests on both the driver and pass seats.

fordxfour, when i posted that, it just seemed that everyone posting had never really seen the x with the center seat in the front.

Old 08-08-2008, 08:04 PM
Fleetsuper
Tuned
Are you guys talking about this;

Attached Images  
Old 08-08-2008, 08:12 PM
Fleetsuper
Tuned
I have a different type of jump seat for an EX, it looks like a small seat that fill fit as a direct replacement for the console. I think it is even cut so the arm rests would not have to come off. I can't say for sure becuase it's been awhile since I've had my hands on it. But it does not have a back that folds down. As a matter of fact I'm going to sell it as i don't need it. I've had it since my Ex was new. I bought it is late 99.

I can't find a picture of it right now, wouldn't you know? But as soon as I do I will post it here.

Old 08-08-2008, 09:04 PM
wallz
Postmaster
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by yorel23
Wallz,

Did you ever do the swap?? Looking to do the same. Thanks
No not yet. When I started inquiring about the swap, it looked like we might have twins, with then already five kids. It ended up only being one child more.
In the mean time, I have inquired at all the wrecking yards in the area, and nobody had anything, and I didn't want to try and import from the US.(duty and all) So far it is on the back burner, but not out of the question yet. Still something that I want to do.
I will be interesting to see the picture that Fleetsuper has of the seat, and the details of finding more of the same.

Old 08-22-2008, 10:23 AM
Excursion 4 9
New User
Making the transition

I would also be interested in seeing a picture of the seat that fits with the arm rests on. We aren't having twins but just exceeded the standard seating capacity of 8. I did a good bit of research on this issue and bought an F350 jump seat on ebay. Jumped a bit too early for a perfect color match, another one showed up later with the right trim code but the one I picked up was pretty much new and leather. They go mighty quickly on ebay. From the parts breakdown from a local for dealer I was able to see that the legs of the seat bolt to the existing holes already in the X. The only issue is the arm rests as the seat backs with the console are actually a different part, just a tad thinner than the standard captains chairs and when the arm rests come off of the captains chairs there is a 3/4 inch support for the arm rest that is welded to the frame. Not a perfect fit but I am making mine work. At some point I will put the console back in, hopefully, and I would rather not lay out for new seat backs for the two front seats.

Old 08-24-2008, 08:31 PM
maddog9m
Freshman User
Originally Posted by Fleetsuper
I have a different type of jump seat for an EX, it looks like a small seat that fill fit as a direct replacement for the console. I think it is even cut so the arm rests would not have to come off. I can't say for sure becuase it's been awhile since I've had my hands on it. But it does not have a back that folds down. As a matter of fact I'm going to sell it as i don't need it. I've had it since my Ex was new. I bought it is late 99.

I can't find a picture of it right now, wouldn't you know? But as soon as I do I will post it here.
If you are going to sell the seat and haven't sold it yet I'd really like to buy it. Just shoot me an email maddog9m@aol Thanks

Old 08-24-2008, 08:37 PM
maddog9m
Freshman User

If you still have seat and want to sell it please let me know.
Thanks.

Old 12-29-2008, 01:51 PM
Fleetsuper
Tuned

I told folks that I would post a reply when I dug out my seat, well I finally got to it. It is the same type of seat that everyone else has posted about. I thought the seat was different because it didn't fold, but it does fold just is the guy sent me the seat in the upright position.

Like I mentioned it had been a very long time since I had my hands on the seat. I purchased it in early 2000 and has been in a box ever since.

Sorry about that,

Old 12-29-2008, 08:33 PM
mclaren333
Freshman User
Do you have a pic? I'm very interested.. or if you can tell me where to purchase one.. thanks..

Old 12-29-2008, 10:38 PM
JaySVX
Fleet Mechanic
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Just throw the 9th in the trunk and tell him he'd better be happy he has a ride

Old 12-30-2008, 01:44 PM
duck fan
Because racetruck

Received 75 Likes on 53 Posts
I did the swap about 8 months ago. I have a friend who has an 01 F250. I did the swap in an afternoon including putting my center console in his F250. He has a 6 speed and there were no clearance issues with the shifter. I did have to grind off the posts from my armrests. The only issue there was almost setting the seat on fire.

Quick Reply: Is center console interchangeable w/ middle seat?